Well that was uncomfortable…

DLinSecret

Est. Contributor
Messages
182
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Background for non-US members…
There is a bar chain called “Punch Bowl Social” a younger sports bar with a ton of games like bowling, darts, bag toss, etc to create a “social” experience.

Went there tonight to chill and watch the lakers / bucks basketball game among fans/ people and got padded down at the door.

First for me wearing a diaper (megamax) having my sides, butt, crotch felt… this was a first for me being padded down where I know the security person defiantly felt “extra padding” in areas.

Went on like nothing happened nonetheless felt really awkward/ uncomfortable after the fact.

Anyone have similar experiences? How did you handle it?
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Reactions: TigerDL, Lumos, Lyric and 3 others
I've experienced similar events flying and once when I was mistaken for someone else and searched in a store as they were watching a guy who had on the same kind & color clothing stuff all sorts of shit into his clothes & jacket. They apologized profusely and gave me TWO $100 gifts card for my troubles!!! Once they pulled the video up of the guy who was doing those things and he looked NOTHING like me at all. The manager felt about 2" tall and could not put together two coherent sentences he was so caught off guard. One would think the fact I need to use a cane and the guy in they recorded being quite spry was another dead giveaway they had the wrong guy....all because I was wearing blue jeans and a black jacket with white sneakers!

This was at least 8-10 years ago and as I was walking out they were escorting the thief in although he was fighting as hard as he could to get away. I have to give credit to the one security guard as he obviously was a wrestler at one point as he used a 2 on 1 to an arm bar in order to stop this guy from fighting/trying to get away. From what I saw on the video he knew exactly what he was after and was stuffing quite pricey items into his jacket, pants etc..

When these issues were relatively new for me yeah, I found it embarrassing to be patted down, searched etc.. Today I don't even bat an eyelash anymore as I honestly don't care and don't think about it much at all. I mean, I've had these issues and needs for "protection" knocking on 20 years now. That allowed me to ignore stuff I can't control and if someone sees I'm wearing a diaper, good for them! I mean my entire family, all of my close friends, every medical professional who's ever treated me beyond taking my blood pressure or lab work already knows me and knows I use diapers to handle urinary IC issues. I can't possibly add up all of the various people who have seen me while hospitalized with stacks of my own (from home) diapers next to the bed and frequently me lying in bed wearing nothing but a diaper, especially when I am physically unable to get out of bed at all, at least not without substantial assistance. I've wound up essentially paralyzed from the waist down for as long as 10 days when the inflammation levels in my body go off the charts and I get to where I physically am not able to move anything below my waist although I feel every single bit of PAIN, making anything requiring movement/being moved by nurses (diaper changes, being washed up, getting removed from bed to have tests done, PT etc. etc.) absolutely BRUTAL to the degree I wished I could simply die instantaneously more times than I can possibly recall.

Diapers have been a total non issue amongst my family, friends & medical professionals to boot, which is great as I only thought about the possible worst when I wound up with the physical ailments I live with day to day. The fact they're a non issue helped me regain the high degree of confidence i always exhibited, which allowed me to make about as much out of life as has been possible for the most part at least.

Trust me on one thing. Whoever patted you down has NO CLUE why you're wearing and odds are incredibly high they don't care. They forgot about you as soon as they had to pat down the next person entering wherever it was you went. I doubt they will ever think about what they think they felt again anyway, just as you can't recall the make/model/color of the last vehicle that cut you off, can't remember the last commercial you saw etc. etc. The only person thinking about this at that time was you. Once you learn that's the truth 99.99% of the time, you can simply go on about your life and try to enjoy it without the anxiety that everyone around you knows LOL.

Hope this helps! 20 years experience has really changed my perspectives on this exact subject far more than I could ever had imagined when this was brand spanking new to me.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: DLinSecret, Prairie, Diaperman95 and 5 others
Well stated good friend as life is way to short not to be enjoy it by being out there!

Now well over 40 years being diapered, I seen much change and being patted-down today is a much higher likelihood than long ago, and I do not see that slowing anytime soon. At the sometime, individuals interested in you have gone away as near everyone is locked into their phones, whether walking, biking or driving.

From the standpoint of the individual patting you down, their only memorable moment of that day was when they found a knife or gun! Your diaper was a safe moment for everyone!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Angelapinks and Deleted member 59082
I have to much anxiety to go to a place like that. The last time I flew was in 2003( before my I/C started to get bad). The security was to intense for me. However as for the diapers, I try to be discreet yet I am not going to feel bad over something that I can't help. I have noticed that if I don't make a big deal out of it. Then no one else will either.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Napincolove, Angelapinks and Edgewater
DLinSecret said:
Background for non-US members…
There is a bar chain called “Punch Bowl Social” a younger sports bar with a ton of games like bowling, darts, bag toss, etc to create a “social” experience.

Went there tonight to chill and watch the lakers / bucks basketball game among fans/ people and got padded down at the door.

First for me wearing a diaper (megamax) having my sides, butt, crotch felt… this was a first for me being padded down where I know the security person defiantly felt “extra padding” in areas.

Went on like nothing happened nonetheless felt really awkward/ uncomfortable after the fact.

Anyone have similar experiences? How did you handle it?
Your explanation of what the “Punch Bowl Social” is wasn’t necessary just for non-U.S. members. Some of us old foggies that live in a rural area and don’t get to the big city that often needed it too!
 
  • Like
Reactions: DLinSecret, Angelapinks and Edgewater
LUV said:
I have to much anxiety to go to a place like that. The last time I flew was in 2003( before my I/C started to get bad). The security was to intense for me. However as for the diapers, I try to be discreet yet I am not going to feel bad over something that I can't help. I have noticed that if I don't make a big deal out of it. Then no one else will either.
Very sorry that you also fight anxiety as it can be debilitating if you allow it to overwhelm you.
The foundation of most anxiety is the unresolved real world emotion of: Flight of Fight, which is hardwired as part of our primitive mind. Resolve that choice and anxiety has no foundation and it slides away. Try recognizing /finding the underlying emotion and work to solve it. With hope this will help you, good friend!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Angelapinks and Deleted member 59082
Edgewater said:
Well stated good friend as life is way to short not to be enjoy it by being out there!

Now well over 40 years being diapered, I seen much change and being patted-down today is a much higher likelihood than long ago, and I do not see that slowing anytime soon. At the sometime, individuals interested in you have gone away as near everyone is locked into their phones, whether walking, biking or driving.

From the standpoint of the individual patting you down, their only memorable moment of that day was when they found a knife or gun! Your diaper was a safe moment for everyone!
Having been wearing for forty years you’ve seen some profound changes in the acceptance of diapers by the public and even by the medical profession. In the ‘90s my 94 year old grandmother had a stroke and she laid on the floor for over two days before anyone found her. When she was finally stabilized she was transferred to a care facility nearer to my folks and I. The nurses had to keep her in diapers and though she was capable of speaking only a couple words at that time the two she kept repeating were “diaper” and “baby”. I remember the attitude that was prevalent in society when I was a kid in the ‘60s was very negative and standoffish back then towards anything having to do with incontinence. That’s why I keep trying to tell people who have the condition now that they’re fortunate to be experiencing it in today’s society and not back then. And you’re right about accepting your condition because if you’re like me attitude can make an your situation bearable or miserable and this seems to spread to those that you encounter around you as well.
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 59082 and Edgewater
I don't mean to get sidetracked. However, that does make a lot of sense. That would explain the feeling of loss of control and why I prefer the remote wooded mountains. I am going to have to think about this a little more.
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: Zeke, Angelapinks and Edgewater
What a meaningless gesture harassing customers like that. If someone showed up really intending ill will that door guy would be the first to run or go down. 🙄

All this fake feel good security for show while dancing on eggshells around avoiding and shunning real security drives me insane. 😠
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: chamberpot, theancientmariner and Edgewater
Nothing to it. They are not there to call you out or embarrass you. They just want to keep people safe, For the most part I don't go to places that do this p make you walkthrough a detector either, because I always carry a gun unless it is a federal property like court or the Social security office. Hospital ,movies, doctors and restaurants I don't care what the sign on a door says, If they are not patting me down or using a metal detector I don't worry about it. Hell I wear it to the post office and in my bank all the time, I carry it concealed so it is my little secrete. But I do not intend to end up a victim of a random shooting.

Oklahoma is a constitutional carry state!! One that supports he second amendment.
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: Kinkybabynicky, chamberpot, PullupAndy and 7 others
I just feel sorry for the dude doing the pat downs. He's probably not allowed to be armed or have plates and if he does pat down a person who is armed and has no intention on cooperating, what is the unarmed door guy really gonna do? The whole concept is just stupid and an illusion to make ignorant sheltered people only feel safe and its really not safe at all. Its dangerous for the fake guard, sets up opportunity to initiate a disadvantageous conflict, and encourages complacency and deference.

I get this is a bar *and* private property and it's totally up to them, and I am looking at this from the perspective of me who doesn't drink or get drunk and stupid.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Deleted member 59082 and Edgewater
LittleAndAlone said:
I just feel sorry for the dude doing the pat downs. He's probably not allowed to be armed or have plates and if he does pat down a person who is armed and has no intention on cooperating, what is the unarmed door guy really gonna do? The whole concept is just stupid and an illusion to make ignorant sheltered people only feel safe and its really not safe at all. Its dangerous for the fake guard, sets up opportunity to initiate a disadvantageous conflict, and encourages complacency and deference.

I get this is a bar *and* private property and it's totally up to them, and I am looking at this from the perspective of me who doesn't drink or get drunk and stupid.
I can certainly see a lot of your point on this but their is a flip side too. A lot of folks are not looking for trouble until after they get drunk. Insuring those folks don't have a weapon is a pretty good Idea. Weapons and alcohol never go good together. That and it is illegally for people to take a gun into any establishment and consume alcohol even if you live in a state that carry is allowed with or without a permit. I am all for letting people care firearms and I think the criminals are going to do anything they want no matter what if they are looking for trouble no matte what the law reads. But many of men loose their common sense when drinking that liquid courage. So anyone that is planning on really drinking should not have a gun on them and I think it is smart they are checked. I don't go to those places and outside a beer every now and again with my meal I don't drink.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Zeke, CptKirk, Deleted member 59082 and 1 other person
Yes, alcohol has been a historical problem, but that has also shifted to drugs, whether prescribed or illegal. Add the ever greater number of individuals that are having difficulty and the numbers have changed.

Good points all!
But, such searches will continue long into the future!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Deleted member 59082 and Diaperman95
LittleAndAlone said:
I just feel sorry for the dude doing the pat downs. He's probably not allowed to be armed or have plates and if he does pat down a person who is armed and has no intention on cooperating, what is the unarmed door guy really gonna do? The whole concept is just stupid and an illusion to make ignorant sheltered people only feel safe and its really not safe at all. Its dangerous for the fake guard, sets up opportunity to initiate a disadvantageous conflict, and encourages complacency and deference.

I get this is a bar *and* private property and it's totally up to them, and I am looking at this from the perspective of me who doesn't drink or get drunk and stupid.
The unarmed guard can just say guns/knives/whatever aren't allowed and tell them to leave their weapon at home if they want to get in. Someone caught this way is likely just trying to sneak a weapon in. If they were there for murder, they probably would've started with that at the door rather than getting pat down.
 
  • Like
Reactions: PullupAndy, Deleted member 59082, Diaperman95 and 1 other person
I have to add one thing no one mentioned and a few actually insinuated the doorman is defenseless against a guy with a gun who doesn't want to be searched. There are a LOT of us out there who have extensive training and can do as much defense (disarming an aggressor) or damage with said hands if required. Outside of being a wrestler for 8 years and a coach for another decade +++, I was extensively trained while in the military as well. I have disarmed one idiot with a gun and a few with knives or other hand held weapons. Sure I sustained some injuries along the way myself, but never to the extent of the ones I inflicted upon aggressors that didn't understand the word "stop" and had to be physically subdued.

Just my 2 cents.
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: Edgewater, LittleAndAlone, Diaperman95 and 1 other person
Diaperman95 said:
I can certainly see a lot of your point on this but their is a flip side too. A lot of folks are not looking for trouble until after they get drunk. Insuring those folks don't have a weapon is a pretty good Idea. Weapons and alcohol never go good together. That and it is illegally for people to take a gun into any establishment and consume alcohol even if you live in a state that carry is allowed with or without a permit. I am all for letting people care firearms and I think the criminals are going to do anything they want no matter what if they are looking for trouble no matte what the law reads. But many of men loose their common sense when drinking that liquid courage. So anyone that is planning on really drinking should not have a gun on them and I think it is smart they are checked. I don't go to those places and outside a beer every now and again with my meal I don't drink.
Have to love the guys with MONSTROUS "BEER" muscles LOL! I can honestly state that I'd probably get my ass handed to me (while in my prime) IF I was drunk. The kind of techniques & skills required to be dangerously effective with ones' hands won't translate very well to an altered state of mind. I saw some guys who when sober I'd certainly not go out of my way to fight get their ass kicked by guys half their size when they were drunk. It's funny to witness although that was back in the day when your own friends would kick your ass IF you introduced a weapon into a fistfight.

I also believe that we shouldn't prosecute two guys who get into a fistfight so long as both were willing participants. Beats the shit out of guys getting frustrated, not having a clue how to fight like a man and resorting to a gun or knife as you see continually for the past decade and change.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Edgewater and Diaperman95
loadedpamperman said:
I have to add one thing no one mentioned and a few actually insinuated the doorman is defenseless against a guy with a gun who doesn't want to be searched. There are a LOT of us out there who have extensive training and can do as much defense (disarming an aggressor) or damage with said hands if required. Outside of being a wrestler for 8 years and a coach for another decade +++, I was extensively trained while in the military as well. I have disarmed one idiot with a gun and a few with knives or other hand held weapons. Sure I sustained some injuries along the way myself, but never to the extent of the ones I inflicted upon aggressors that didn't understand the word "stop" and had to be physically subdued.

Just my 2 cents.
I lot of those people at the doors and stuff are x-military or police. Some cops even do it in their off time to make extra money. It is hard to draw a gun when someone has their hands on you. Hand to hand a knife is often more effective than a gun. All you have to do to disable a pistol is get a hold of the slide and push it back about 1/4 a inch and they can not fire.. Also if you have a hold of it and it does discharge as long as you get it pushed away when it goes off it will jam because you have the slide pinned and it is a useless thing, unless you let him have both hands to rack a slide. A wheel gun if you grab a hold, you get the web of the thumb in between the hammer and frame. I took a concealed weapons/ gun safety class back when I first started to carry about 10 years ago. The guy teaching it was x-special forces dude. It was a very good class. He taught a lot of things I never thought about before well worth the 60 bucks.


I never was a big guy I just had big friends. 🤣 As for should two dudes fighting getting charged... I say NO As they both was in it willing and did not want to press charges on each other. My other exception is where the fight is at. If the property owner wants them to be charged because they broke something or disrupted their business then absolutely. They need to take that shit outside. Most people don't want to go have a good time in a place with bar fights.

I have been in a few fights in my day but I am pretty content with having a gun on me 24/7 any more. I am in bed now and mine is in a holster about 6 inches from my head. To be honest I wish I felt safe enough to leave it at home because carrying concealed is not always the most comfortable thing. But this world is just F##ked in the head anymore. I don't give a shit what anyone thinks of me for keeping a gun on me. 99% of people cant tell unless I reach for something on a top shelf or the wind hits me right. I don't talk about carrying when I have it with me nor do I ever brandish it or handle it in front of people. I don't want people to be intimidated and I damn sure don't want it in plane sight on my hip. In the event a mass shooting does start the shooters if they have the guts to do it with armed people around are going to start with the people that can tell are armed. Guns don't kill people...People kill people.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: PullupAndy, CptKirk, Edgewater and 1 other person
Edgewater said:
Yes, alcohol has been a historical problem, but that has also shifted to drugs, whether prescribed or illegal. Add the ever greater number of individuals that are having difficulty and the numbers have changed.

Good points all!
But, such searches will continue long into the future!
I recently attended a seminar (on what force is legal and when it’s legal for you to use it sponsored by the United States Concealed Carry Association USCCA). They mentioned that it’s not legal for you to use your weapon any time that you have alcohol in your system and that the same applies to drugs, whether prescribed or otherwise, that may affect your perception. This has caused me some consternation about whether I’m going to apply for a concealed carry permit (Wisconsin isn’t as faithful in protecting our constitutional rights as Oklahoma and other constitutional carry states) considering my taking morphine and codeine for pain management. Before I began getting radio frequency ablation treatments I was taking well over 5 times the amount of morphine as well as 50 mg of hydrocodone daily for the pain so I doesn’t seem as though the reduced dosages affect my judgment, but I’d have to convince police officers, district attorneys, and a jury, that likely has several people that believe any use of a gun should be illegal, in the event that I’ve been involved in a situation where I used my weapon. While I firmly believe in the 2nd amendment, and the right of self defense for anyone, I’m still not sure if I could actually use a weapon to take another human life. That’s something that you need to be at peace with because if you’re going to pull a gun you’d better be prepared to use it and to be able to legally justify its use to those mentioned earlier. With our legal system being what it is today you need to be prepared for the possibility that you may lose your freedom and your possessions if you ever have to use your weapon to protect your life or that of others.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Edgewater
Zeke said:
I recently attended a seminar (on what force is legal and when it’s legal for you to use it sponsored by the United States Concealed Carry Association USCCA). They mentioned that it’s not legal for you to use your weapon any time that you have alcohol in your system and that the same applies to drugs, whether prescribed or otherwise, that may affect your perception. This has caused me some consternation about whether I’m going to apply for a concealed carry permit (Wisconsin isn’t as faithful in protecting our constitutional rights as Oklahoma and other constitutional carry states) considering my taking morphine and codeine for pain management. Before I began getting radio frequency ablation treatments I was taking well over 5 times the amount of morphine as well as 50 mg of hydrocodone daily for the pain so I doesn’t seem as though the reduced dosages affect my judgment, but I’d have to convince police officers, district attorneys, and a jury, that likely has several people that believe any use of a gun should be illegal, in the event that I’ve been involved in a situation where I used my weapon. While I firmly believe in the 2nd amendment, and the right of self defense for anyone, I’m still not sure if I could actually use a weapon to take another human life. That’s something that you need to be at peace with because if you’re going to pull a gun you’d better be prepared to use it and to be able to legally justify its use to those mentioned earlier. With our legal system being what it is today you need to be prepared for the possibility that you may lose your freedom and your possessions if you ever have to use your weapon to protect your life or that of others.
I very much encourage you to research this for yourself. That may well be the case in wisconsin, but I have found that there is much misinformation floating around about this, including from organizations that claim to be reputable. In my home state, the law is intentionally murky on this, so the general guidance is to avoid carrying under the influence of alcohol but not necessarily drugs that are required for daily functioning. You're not worried so much about obeying arbitrary guidance in my home state but rather what's going to look bad in front of a jury. Being prescribed painkillers daily and having them in your system is a much more defensible position to a jury then being two times over the legal limit to drive, regardless whether the shooting is justified self-defense.
 
Yes, essentially similar experience.

Everybody knows: no messing in public. (obvious exception for incontinence) But that thrill is just too good to cross out. Occasionally I'll go out 2-3am for this thrill. Since no one is out, I can have even more fun......... Just a minute from my house are large empty areas. Hillside, highway, and some industrial areas. Not a soul out there at night. I'll walk around for 1-2 hours, immensely enjoying.

One such night, I was out with a loaded diaper. There was a little smell too. A police car stopped next to me. Cop got out and asked me what I was doing, where I was going etc. Told him I wasn't going anywhere, just out for a walk and fresh air. Yeah right, sounds suspicious. Cop asked me a few more times, and was generally suspicious of me. I was wandering around and looked suspicious. He asked me for ID, gave him. He looked me up on his tablet. He then patted me down, to feel for weapons. Started at my armpits, and patted down. When he got to my hip, and felt the diaper, he froze for a sec, understood what he just felt, took his hands off, stood up, gave me my ID back, told me I was free to go, and returned to his car.

The smell wasn't strong enough for it alone to draw attention. But once he felt my hips, and understood I was wearing a diaper, the smell then linked up and he understood I was wearing a soiled diaper.

He dropped the matter when he realized he doesn't want to deal with a dirty diaper. Obviously, had there been substantial suspicion, he wouldn't drop the matter, but it amuses me that in the end, the cop knee-jerked away from the dirty diaper. The situation was embarrassing for him. I'd expect that he didn't write anything about the diaper or smell in his report, due to his own embarrassment.

My heart pounded for a few days after that, lol.
 
Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Diaperman95 and Jorelaxed
Back
Top