Well, ladies ;]

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AshleyEskimo

I don't think any of the guys around here can really help me out here,
but I could be wrong.
I've always had like, super heavy painful periods, and today it was just so bad I woke up already crying. x.x
So I was thinking about all the things I could do to stop this awful event from recurring every month until I'm 80 billion years old.

One thing I came across was a pill called Lybrel.
It's a birth control pill that's supposed to stop your periods.
Has anyone heard of it or tried it or anything?
I really would love to not have to deal with that every month ;/

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
Although I'm not a girl.....my girlfriend told me that the birth control pills that prevent periods are NOT good for you at all. I dont know, she could be mis-informed but that's what she heard.

Emileigh

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
They're fine to have, but try seasonale, that way you only get them 4 times a year I think it is. Or try any birth control, they all help with painful periods. The only problems with the pills are that they are easy to forget.

FairestandFallen

Contributor
Role
, Carer
Try birth control: according to my sources, you can control when they are, as long as you have about one a month, and it reduces cramps.

I wouldn't trust something that eliminates periods. (besides pregnancy)

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
Oh I know how that is! Sometimes I can't even think it hurts so bad. I just keep popping 2 Advil every 6 hours or so during those times. Of course, you can schedule a doctor's appointment and they will prescribe you some stronger meds.

Mom would get so suspicious if I asked her to get me birth control. I'm gonna wait until I can afford it on my own, that way I can use it for two purposes. ;)

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
Have you had a doctor check your ovaries using ultrasound? One source of severe pain at menstruation time is ovarian cysts. My wife was dealing with pain down there when we were first married. It turned out to be a cyst large enough to need draining. If you haven't been checked out for the cause of your pain, I strongly suggest you have it done. Might only be severe cramping, but better to know for sure and have it treated if something else is the cause.

~Pramrider

Role
Diaper Lover
Mom would get so suspicious if I asked her to get me birth control. I'm gonna wait until I can afford it on my own, that way I can use it for two purposes.
Women don't think about sex your post is impossible.

Secondly, I'm glad I am a man. Thirdly, did anyone explain why BC is bad?

Role
Diaper Lover,
I take Tri-Sprintec.
It's okay I guess, but when starting birth control there are some thing you should be aware of...
-Birth Control makes your body think its pregnant, so for the first two months you start taking it, your cramps, mood swings, etc. will be MUCH worse. Once you get over that hump, the pros of BC far outweigh the cons.
-If you miss even one pill, your body will get all crazy and your period may come back (for that month)
-Birth control makes you hungry all the time. You will almost deffinitely gain weight.
-The side effects of the shot are much worse than that of the pill. You'll gain even MORE weight (as opposed to the pill) and you'll probably get acne.
-You're boobs will get bigger.
-You'll be constantly horny and feel like humping everything that moves.
If this stuff doesn't bother you, BC is probably a good option for you. You'll have light periods (and sometimes no period at all) and won't have PMS.

Role
Diaper Lover
Quick question, will telling horny girls the size of my penis help my chances, it is > or = to an inch or so over average. :O Big Bertha?

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Birth control was invented not as a contraceptive but as a pill for regulating adolescents' periods. I don't see why, framed within that fact, a parent would have a problem with that.

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
-You're boobs will get bigger.
-You'll be constantly horny and feel like humping everything that moves.
Bigger boobs and hornyness.....If any of you girl need someone to hump, I'm always here lol :laugh:

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I definitely know what that is like. My periods get so painful that I'm out of school/work almost every time, especially for the first three days. I'm moody and bitchy for at least 2 weeks before, and then I'm bed ridden, I puke, I can't eat, and I feel like dying when I do get it.

The birth control that stops your period *can* be bad for you, but it's good for others. I know a girl who has some sort of condition where she can't even *walk* when she gets her period, so she takes a pill that gives it to her once a year, so she takes two weeks off of everything and she plans it. Also keep in mind with things like that when you do get your period it's going to be longer, heavier and even more painful. (Depending on your body type and the drug.)

Also, if this is your first time, generally they are more painful at the beginning, and get easier (or maybe you just get used to it?) as you get older.

If you have major concerns, talk to a doctor.

A hot water bag thing will help, too. And like Shu (I think) said, Advil/ibuprofen works wonders.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Incontinent
I suggest you see your doctor, and discuss all the options.
Start with the ones that present the lowest medical risk first, and see if you get some improvement before going to more aggresive treatment.
My wife uses a heated chair seat cover when she gets her period, the heat on the lower back releaves some of the symptoms.
Most major retailers sell these, and they can be found on sale for $20.
She also had really heavy periods and decided to have an ablation. It's a procedure where the doctor uses a laser to remove the lining of the uterus. In most cases when the period returns it is much lighter than before.
There are a lot of options, and medical advice is the best option.
Good luck.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I suggest you see your doctor, and discuss all the options.
Start with the ones that present the lowest medical risk first, and see if you get some improvement before going to more aggresive treatment.
My wife uses a heated chair seat cover when she gets her period, the heat on the lower back releaves some of the symptoms.
Most major retailers sell these, and they can be found on sale for $20.
She also had really heavy periods and decided to have an ablation. It's a procedure where the doctor uses a laser to remove the lining of the uterus. In most cases when the period returns it is much lighter than before.
There are a lot of options, and medical advice is the best option.
Good luck.
Yes, but when you have an ablasia you cannot get pregnant. No doctor in their right mind would perform that on someone as young as the OP, unless there were serious medical risks, so that's pretty much out of the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.