• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Well, hello everyone !

Status
Not open for further replies.

koda42

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Hello !

I am Koda, it's a pretty common nickname, so I usually add 42 after (yeah, il like H2G2) and sorry if there's already a Koda out there!
I live in France (in Toulouse, a city who gain a sad reputation lately)

I am a biotechnologies major student. I'll graduate in a few months and I'm going to do an intership in the USA.

I am here because.. well, you know why I am here obviously : I'm an AB who likes diapers, plushies, cute things, cartoons, comic book.
I also love to read and I draw a little.

I am actually a huge fan of cartoons and comic books. I've even organize book-signing sessions with french cartoonists and I've got a pretty good collection of comics ^^
I also follow a lot of webcomics.

I also like sports. I used to do martial arts (wushu) before I broke a few bones.. because of a fall when I went climbing in the Pyrenees. (I was really lucky, so It isn't very serious but I had to be careful.)

I am here to share my interests in a vivid community and was looking for a few informations on how to get diapers when I'll be in the USA.

PS : and I love ponies. Ponies are awesome.

DylanK

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer
  4. Other
Hello !

I am Koda, it's a pretty common nickname, so I usually add 42 after (yeah, il like H2G2) and sorry if there's already a Koda out there!

I am a biotechnologies major student. I'll graduate in a few months and I'm going to do an intership in the USA.

I am here because.. well, you know why I am here obviously : I'm an AB who likes diapers, plushies, cute things, cartoons, comic book.

I am actually a huge fan of cartoons and comic books. I've even organize book-signing sessions with french cartoonists and I've got a pretty good collection of comics ^^

I also like sports. I used to do martial arts (wushu) before I broke a few bones.. because of a fall when I went climbing in the Pyrenees. (I was really lucky, so It isn't very serious but I had to be careful.)

I am here to share my interests in a vivid community and was looking for a few informations on how to get diapers when I'll be in the USA.

Well here you are brain the size of a planet making an awesome intro, nice to meet you. How'd you get into the H2G2; radio, books or the movie? and which is your favourite?

The only french cartoons I've come across are MoonScoop (love code lyoko) what else is there?

koda42

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Thanks for your answers =)

Good french cartoon are pretty rare. Code Lyoko was ok. But, the show has a potential it never reveals. Just look at 'garage kid' (the pilot episode), it was originally supposed to target an older audience with a darker atmosphere.

Other than that, we have Wakfu from Ankama studios (it's still a young studio, so it's easy to meet the ones working there) which has some good reviews (it's flash, the same kind of animation as my little pony : FiM) and the not-so-recent Oban Star Racers is a very good cartoon show.
In France, we usually are better with short-movies (Gobelins' school, Annecy Festival,..) and with movies (Renaissance, Rabbi's cat, the triplets of Belleville,etc.), but most of our animators just go abroad working for pixar, dreamworks or Disney -_-' (such as David Gilson, Louis Clichy...)

by the way, don't talk about animation or comic book with me because I can be very talkative and get a little carried away :p

Last edited:

DylanK

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer
  4. Other
I promise you I can stand much worse, I live with anime, DC and Marvel enthusiasts you should hear them argue over which is better

I hadn't realised Oban was French ^_^.

I know what you mean about the darker side, series 4 was redeeming but not enough, if that show had been geared for young teens rather than 8-11s it would have been a much darker and more entertaining show all round; the fight scenes were bad and they reused the same clips in dozens of episodes. That said I loved the idea of the story I could really relate to Jeremy, and the other characters only got more awesome as the series continued. It'd have been nice to have had a better ending too, it sort of ended too abruptly and with very little explanation, and why would the kids have ever turned the super computer off there was so much more to explore.

You can really tell that Pixar and Disney have French influences, Beauty and the Beast, the Hunchback of Notre Dame and Ratatouille are all very french ^_^ but at least in the UK we don't get many of the shorts or movies :(

tj1189

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hello !

Welcome! Maybe I'll get a chance to practice my French with you in chat sometime (it's been 4 years since my last French course).

I'm curious, why does Toulouse have a bad reputation?

koda42

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Sorry for the lat answer.

I'm curious, why does Toulouse have a bad reputation?
I thought the news spread worldwidly, but lately, we had some shootings attacks in the area. Some people died including jewish kids. It was done by an Algerian man named Mohammed Merah who claimed he got ties to Al Qaeda...

@MCSquared> I agree with you about Code Lyoko. I wouldn't have said it in a better way.
Oh and fun fact, the college Kadic was based on the "lycée" (high school) I went to :
nJah.jpeg

nJan.jpeg

-----
nJbw.jpeg

nJbC

sypl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Welcome, Koda. Very interesting introduction. I loved the area near Toulouse when I visited camping years ago, and found the people really friendly. Before leaving a farm camping ground we were invited by the kind farmer to help ourselves to as many lovely cherries as we could pick from an enormous cherry tree. I have to report that, in a day's climbing in the Pyrenees I was luckily not injured, although I went over time planned and had to make my way down the track by moonlight for the last hour. I like your tagline.:smile1: Paul.

SleepingBlueWolf

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer
Hello !

Heya, and welcome to the site! *offers cookies* You're introduction post was very interesting for me. Notably because it's relative to my interests. :) What are some of the webcomics you follow? I'm currently looking for some new ones.

Also... PONIES! :D... *ahem* Sorry. Couldn't contain myself. ^///^

DylanK

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer
  4. Other
@MCSquared> I agree with you about Code Lyoko. I wouldn't have said it in a better way.
Oh and fun fact, the college Kadic was based on the "lycée" (high school) I went to :
nJah.jpeg

nJan.jpeg

-----
nJbw.jpeg

nJbC

Cheers ^_^

Your school is uncannily similar, I want to go see it for real, I wonder if the factory exists too ^_^

koda42

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Your school is uncannily similar, I want to go see it for real, I wonder if the factory exists too ^_^
you mean, this one ^^ :
nRcO.jpg

Sorry, but the factory has been demolished since then (i wasn't able to go see it..)

SleepingBlueWolf> I LOVE webcomics. I will spare you the french one but in english, I like xkcd, kreepy kat, snafu-comics (especially endling's and bleedman's works, Tom Preston's "so you're a cartoonist?"...

due to my affinity for drawings, ABDL and ponies, I made a good number of furry friends. So, I read two kinds, Slightly Damned and JayNaylor's webcomic.

For the french artists, some of them got english-translated version of their webcomic like The Bouletcorp.

And don't contain yourself. Ponies are cool ! Be proud, be a brony !

sypl & ttht10144> thanks you very much =)

FoxSplash

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
hello koda42 its verry nice to meet u a warm welcome to adisc first. i like your your thered verry descriptive about your self there u should make loaads of good friends on adisc we are a verry nice comuinty. im allso intresed what u going do when u leave Coolidge and go USA like what u plan to do when u get there be great to hear that it will go well do and wishy u the best of luck. :)

ps my fav pony is fluttershy and rainbow dash whats yourse :)

DylanK

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer
  4. Other
Koda42 I though I was joking I never expected the factory ever to have existed sucks to have gone. MoonScoop could have turned it into a Code Lyoko play museum had XANA in bits of the factory convert other bits to the 5 zones and a tower (a lift with a glass floor between Zones and the Aileta's Control panel) and give people laser weapons, a replica supercomputer room and Jeremy's Lab could have been worth it ^_^

koda42

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
@RainbowSplash> Thanks you. I am going in the USA for an intership. I'm going to work in a lab at the University of Georgia.. It's a three months internship from June to September..
By the way, my favorite pony is rainbow Dash. (because she is sooooo awesome :p)

@MC²> Oh my god ! (read this in Janice's voice) It could have been soooo cool !!! You have wonderful ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.