Weighted Blankies

Status
Not open for further replies.

CuddleWoozle

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I actually found one at a farm store for $30. It's 12 pounds but dang. I'm laying here with it on trying not to doze off because it's just...reassuring.

I've been wanting one for a while, but I couldn't bring myself to shell out $140-$250 for a blankie.

Has anyone else tried these things? It kinda feels like your being hugged or cuddled or even like a baby wrapped in a swaddle.

Reactions: babygrayble
I hadn't thought about it, but is sounds like something I would like to try. Probably more for the colder weather, though.

My daughter got an 8lb and my son a 10lb blanket for Christmas. I tried them and liked it. My wife bought a 20lb and paid the price listed above. I really liked it when I could use it. I found a 20lb on line back in march for $59 on amazon. I got it because I was having a depression spell. I get everyone off to school and work in the morning, then I take a nap* with mine. It is part of a DPT Therapy, and it helps my chronic depression. It is like being hugged or under a lot of blankets, but surprising enough it does not get that hot. Just pleasantly warm.

* I have a very hard time falling asleep before 1AM. Then I have to get up between 6-7 am to get kids to school and do not get to lay down until 9am. I usually only got about 1-3 hours additional sleep with constant awakening without the blanket, and the day was very problematic. With the blanket I get about 90 minutes of such a deep sleep and get up ready to go around 11 am, and can deal with the day a lot better. It also helps with my arthritic lower back and knees.

Reactions: babygrayble
I’ve been wanting to try one, I think I’d like it a lot. I’m one of those people that would strip off a few layers of skin just to sleep under my heavy duvet during the summer lol

I've seen and tried these! They're quite nice but I can't really use them because they hurt my bad leg. It's so so so much cheaper to make them vs buying them. Especially if you have or know someone with a sewing machine. Also not too hard to make

Well. Having actually slept with mine I can say that I like it a lot. XD Except for the time that it slid over the edge of the bed and I had to haul it back up. XD

Reactions: Sheepies
Mine weighs 30 pounds and I adore it

My parents got me one for Valentine's Day. It was about $50 at a close-out store. It's supposed to be 15 pounds although the tag says something about it being 12. Anyway. I sleep under it every night, although I do have a complaint in that the beads all bunch up into one heap in the blanket.

I have the sharper image 15 pound one. It’s a little light for me but despite that it really help! I sleep much better and deeper when I have it over me.

Sheepies said:
I've seen and tried these! They're quite nice but I can't really use them because they hurt my bad leg. It's so so so much cheaper to make them vs buying them. Especially if you have or know someone with a sewing machine. Also not too hard to make

Finally someone else that has this issue. Someone made a weighted blanket for me and it literally hurts my ankles.

Reactions: Sheepies
So yesterday I decided to take the outer cover off of mine for the first time to wash it.

I don't think I'm ever going to wash it again.

There were loose tiny glass beads inside the outer cover, which were like glitter - went everywhere. Before I went to sleep last night I had to try to brush them off my clean sheets.

Now I'm still finding them in my bed...

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
So yesterday I decided to take the outer cover off of mine for the first time to wash it.

I don't think I'm ever going to wash it again.

There were loose tiny glass beads inside the outer cover, which were like glitter - went everywhere. Before I went to sleep last night I had to try to brush them off my clean sheets.

Now I'm still finding them in my bed...
I keep a duvet cover on mine. Makes it easier. It sounds like yours has a cover but it might be worth it getting an additional cover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back