Weighted Blankies

CuddleWoozle

Just a smol creature
Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Incontinent
I actually found one at a farm store for $30. It's 12 pounds but dang. I'm laying here with it on trying not to doze off because it's just...reassuring.

I've been wanting one for a while, but I couldn't bring myself to shell out $140-$250 for a blankie.

Has anyone else tried these things? It kinda feels like your being hugged or cuddled or even like a baby wrapped in a swaddle.

Straycatz

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
I hadn't thought about it, but is sounds like something I would like to try. Probably more for the colder weather, though.

egor

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
My daughter got an 8lb and my son a 10lb blanket for Christmas. I tried them and liked it. My wife bought a 20lb and paid the price listed above. I really liked it when I could use it. I found a 20lb on line back in march for $59 on amazon. I got it because I was having a depression spell. I get everyone off to school and work in the morning, then I take a nap* with mine. It is part of a DPT Therapy, and it helps my chronic depression. It is like being hugged or under a lot of blankets, but surprising enough it does not get that hot. Just pleasantly warm.

* I have a very hard time falling asleep before 1AM. Then I have to get up between 6-7 am to get kids to school and do not get to lay down until 9am. I usually only got about 1-3 hours additional sleep with constant awakening without the blanket, and the day was very problematic. With the blanket I get about 90 minutes of such a deep sleep and get up ready to go around 11 am, and can deal with the day a lot better. It also helps with my arthritic lower back and knees.

ykdprdave

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
I’ve been wanting to try one, I think I’d like it a lot. I’m one of those people that would strip off a few layers of skin just to sleep under my heavy duvet during the summer lol

Sheepies

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Little
I've seen and tried these! They're quite nice but I can't really use them because they hurt my bad leg. It's so so so much cheaper to make them vs buying them. Especially if you have or know someone with a sewing machine. Also not too hard to make

CuddleWoozle

Just a smol creature
Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Incontinent
Well. Having actually slept with mine I can say that I like it a lot. XD Except for the time that it slid over the edge of the bed and I had to haul it back up. XD

pgfdp

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little, Incontinent
Mine weighs 30 pounds and I adore it

KimbaWolfNagihiko

Pokemon Trainer in, err, Training... Pants
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
My parents got me one for Valentine's Day. It was about $50 at a close-out store. It's supposed to be 15 pounds although the tag says something about it being 12. Anyway. I sleep under it every night, although I do have a complaint in that the beads all bunch up into one heap in the blanket.

LilLynnWolf

Contributor
Role
Little, Incontinent, Other
I have the sharper image 15 pound one. It’s a little light for me but despite that it really help! I sleep much better and deeper when I have it over me.

quartz200420012

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I've seen and tried these! They're quite nice but I can't really use them because they hurt my bad leg. It's so so so much cheaper to make them vs buying them. Especially if you have or know someone with a sewing machine. Also not too hard to make
Finally someone else that has this issue. Someone made a weighted blanket for me and it literally hurts my ankles.

KimbaWolfNagihiko

Pokemon Trainer in, err, Training... Pants
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
So yesterday I decided to take the outer cover off of mine for the first time to wash it.

I don't think I'm ever going to wash it again.

There were loose tiny glass beads inside the outer cover, which were like glitter - went everywhere. Before I went to sleep last night I had to try to brush them off my clean sheets.

Now I'm still finding them in my bed...

Last edited:

pgfdp

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little, Incontinent
So yesterday I decided to take the outer cover off of mine for the first time to wash it.

I don't think I'm ever going to wash it again.

There were loose tiny glass beads inside the outer cover, which were like glitter - went everywhere. Before I went to sleep last night I had to try to brush them off my clean sheets.

Now I'm still finding them in my bed...
I keep a duvet cover on mine. Makes it easier. It sounds like yours has a cover but it might be worth it getting an additional cover