Weighted Blanket Recall

ParaRomeo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I didn't know where to put this but I do know that a few people use weighted blankets and heard of this recall and though mainly for kids because it's a life safety issue I figured I would share it. These are specific to ones sold at Target will post link below for more info. If in wrong area let me know and will move it but being safety related figured start here.

• Thinking
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Seasonedcitizen

babyfurre

asexual
Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
I don't think this is especially relevant for people here, but like it says, don't unzip and crawl inside your weighted blanket and zip it over your entire head like it's a sleeping bag, you can asphyxiate yourself.

you actually need to be careful of that in normal sleeping bags, too.

Reactions: ParaRomeo, BobbiSueEllen and Seasonedcitizen

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I saw this in the news today. I wondered about adults with weighted blankets who also have young children or young grandchildren. In that case they might want to make sure the child can't get to it.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen

SparkyDog

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
First time I've seen these with a zip in part
the ones I have are just a blanket
Someone wasn't thinking when designing these

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen

ParaRomeo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I have thought about trying but I have seen post & even though the safety concern is for children or unfortunately happened to kids being disabled myself I know depending on the person disability this might be relevant or it might not. But because of the safety concern was the main reason I shared it! For me personally I really wasn't sure what to do with this information but if it could potentially save a life I did feel like I should share it because I don't know others situations or connections, like I have a bunch of friends and family within special needs community.