Wearing underwear over diapers?

SAPexpanded said:
Tena 'Fix' typo ;)
Oh yeah, I did mean Tena Fix - Tena Flex are a belted nappy, aren’t they :oops:

Last edited:
Reactions: SAPexpanded
If wearing plastic pants, would you just go diaper then plastic pants then pants or would you wear underwear over the plastic pants?

leicesterfan said:
If wearing plastic pants, would you just go diaper then plastic pants then pants or would you wear underwear over the plastic pants?
I don't see any reason to put underwear on over plastic pants

I think of it as "dressing in layers", alternating absorbent layers with waterproof layers. So it starts with the diaper core, then the diaper outer shell, then underwear, then plastic pants.

I've never worn a PUL cover but am considering trying one, lined and with velcro sides, to make it easier to remove if my diaper leaks. I may start a thread about this at some point.

When walking a lot, some plastic pants can become very uncomfortable running on the inside of my thighs. I have found on hot days, if i put a pari of boxers on over the plastic pants, it really helps with the comfort and chaffing. Seems over kill I am sure, but it works.

I always wear my underwear on top of my diapers. They are for hiding and keeping my diaper in place.

Reactions: Lyokodl and Seasonedcitizen
I wear volleyball pants or biking shorts on top of my goodnites. Just for hiding the owls and butterflies prints.

I wear snug sport briefs as they put nice gentle pressure on my diaper which feels nice. They help keep a soggy diaper from sagging and do catch overflow leaks that tell me I’ve let this diaper go a little too far.

Reactions: Lyokodl and chamberpot
Tight boxer briefs! I love my saxx. I really don't like my diaper to sag. Also the waist band usually covers my diaper so I can show off my hard worked for abs.

I use trunks, and usually if you have a diaper with thick enough plastic jeans will not be a problem unless wearing for an extended period. Sometimes it does leak between the legs but its mostly due to moisture buildup and doesnt really smell much worse than general sweat from my experience. Just take a fresh pair of undies that you could swap out when changing?

Tundra1975 said:
Yes. They are P.U.L. Polyester and breathable but still waterproof. They are very good quality.

My PULs go on after my high SAP diaper is put on for overseas flights but I also have my training underwear over my SAP in case the legs do leak a bit. Yes it is a bit bulky but sitting in an airplane seat does not allow a lot of folks to stare at my rear area and wonder about this bulk. Better safe than sorry for me.

rennecfox said:
this one incontinence review youtube channel I follow, real world incontince did a video where they analyzing this,
This was great rennecfox - thanks for sharing this youtube video!

Do we think then that I should maybe go diaper - underwear - plastic pants - jeans, for the most protection?

When wearing out (usually movie theater or concert) I wear a onesie with snaps in the crotch
As underwear and undershirt.
It conceals the crinkling, but also keeps your diaper from peeking out from the waistband
Of your pants when leaning forward.
And it also helps keeping the diaper in place, especially when wet.

Reactions: chuck and TyphaHare
I love wearing underwear over my Diapers because it keeps everything in place, and gives me such a nice snug feeling. Wearing only pants over the diaper can sometimes cause it to loosen. Not to mention it's an extra layer of protection if something happens.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
Now I'm considering to wear cheerleaders briefs in navy blue color or columbia blue on top of my goodnites.

Reactions: Lyokodl and Seasonedcitizen
This week I started wearing underwear overt op of my diaper while at work and I kind of like it.

When I pull my underwear up and over my diaper i get this odd feeling like I am back to when I was a child during my potty training phase and I wanted to wear underwear but still needed protection.

I am also wearing a onesie as an undershirt so ya, diaper/onesie/underwear! Luckily I wear it well and it somehow doesn't make me look like I have a bit butt.

The thing I enjoy the most is that the underwear makes the whole diaper feel tighter on me which is kind of nice; and wetting myself seems more adventurous knowing that I have underwear on and shouldn't be wetting myself.

Last edited:
leicesterfan said:
None, underwear is not required when wearing a nappy

It depends if I want the saggy feeling then no undies, usually when I am at home or if out I know that I will not be in the public eye, but if in the public eye then undies as others have said to lessen the chance of visiable leaks and to hold things nice and tight. Whether at home or out, the undies or no undies when I an just wearing a nap, depends what I an doing usually undies over if I dont want leaks .

Hugz

Back