Not open for further replies.

caitianx

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Being totally incontinent and wearing diapers 24/7, I find wearing plastic pants is necessary, especially @ night during sleep.

Here is one of the cheap plastic pants I wear every night:
SANY0929.jpg

They come in 3 to a package for $15.00

I have 12 of them, and I "rotate" wearing each plastic pant and every morning I hand wash/rinse each of them and hang them up to dry.:educate:

shertion

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
I've always wanted to try plastic pants. Want to recommend some for me? I'm really tiny (can fit into 4T-5T Pull Ups).

CarKid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
  4. Private
Are you saying a statement or asking something?

Anyways.... I found that plastic pants don't do jack shit with disposables. IF the disposable leaks it will just leak/wick though the plastic pants and end up getting your pants wet anyways.

Now with cloth deffinatly an absolute must!

Vinylfeet

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
I've found that good PUL pants give you just enough more protection to buy you some time. You will probably know when the diaper has leaked a little. If you have some sort of waterproof pant over it, then it should contain it long enough to keep your outer clothes dry.

Bigbabybret

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
  5. Other

Anyways.... I found that plastic pants don't do jack shit with disposables. IF the disposable leaks it will just leak/wick though the plastic pants and end up getting your pants wet anyways.

Yes, and no...

You need something between the two then they will work wonders...

If you have a plastic backed diaper and plastic pants...small amount of leaking will eventually come out...

If you put even just a pair of cotton underwear between the layers it will work...and handle a small leak easily...

PFD

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I wear lined plastic pants over my disposable diapers. For years I wore cloth diapers and plastic pants, but when better, premium disposables became available I tried then and liked them. Even then I had leaks (I had leaks with cloth/plastic, too). Since I had plastic pants already I used them with a liner over my disposables. Then lined plastic pants, lined with terry cloth, became available so I started using those. Now it's either those or a plastic pant/terry cloth panty combination for me.

Now I don't worry about leaks. I don't check my diaper to see if it's full; I can change when it's convenient or strategic now, knowing my lined plastic pants will provide protection and security. After years of experimentation this is the best solution I've yet found.

MickeyM

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
I leaked out the waistband of my plastic pants in bed twice, I'm not sure I'll ever wet in bed wearing a goodnite again.

quattrus

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer
If you have a plastic backed diaper and plastic pants...small amount of leaking will eventually come out...

That's not completely true. I wear plastic pants over my diapers most of the time and even when the diaper leaks a bit inside the plastic pants it usually doesn't leak outside.

When I'm close to diaper capacity I usually check the situation inside the plastic pants, often discovering that the outside of the rear of my diaper is wet, but my clothes don't have wet spots on them. Of course waiting much longer than that to change means asking for a major leak which, at a certain point, becomes unavoidable.

Plastic pants don't do miracles, but certainly buy you the confidence that, unless you *really* overdo it, you're not gonna get wet spots on your pants for several hours no matter what happens inside your diaper.

BlueGrey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
I've always wanted to try plastic pants. Want to recommend some for me? I'm really tiny (can fit into 4T-5T Pull Ups).

I've been getting some good plastic pants from adultclothdiaper.com . They have a variety of styles. I have good luck with them at night. I want to try some from babypants.com, because they have some baby print styles that are said to be soft and quiet when worn.
Either is quite more expensive than the ones shown at the top of the thread, coming in between 9 and 15 dollars each. They last about 45-60 nights before getting too stiff and start to crack.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I leaked out the waistband of my plastic pants in bed twice, I'm not sure I'll ever wet in bed wearing a goodnite again.

I've been wearing Goodnites at night to bed with a thinner cloth diaper over the Goodnites and then Leakmaster highback plastic pants. They definitely don't leak. The reason why I added the Goodnites to the cloth diaper is because they repress the smell of pee. My wife was spraying with Fabreeze when I got up in the morning, but not if I have the Goodnites on with the cloth. I like the feeling as well, as they really swell up. Of course they will leak into the cloth, but they seem to filter the pee before it hits the cloth diaper.

egor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover

You might find that Gerber toddler plastic pants might actually fit. I got some 4t for my son when we were potty training and he was "swimming" in them they where so big. They are at most of the big box stores in the infant section.

EPO1

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
  2. Other

I'm IC (day / night) ... and Plastic Pants don't do a damn thing other than be sweat-monsters, chafing and generally appalling to me.
So no, but no thanks.

If I have to wear (during those days I use my cloth inserts / etc... when I don't have access / can't carry tons of supplies... I use PUL type protective pants...
whilst still not perfect, far nicer than those nasty nasty plastic pants.

foxkits

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
I get mine from babykins they have all sizes get the 6mil they last a long time very happy.

MickeyM

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
You might find that Gerber toddler plastic pants might actually fit. I got some 4t for my son when we were potty training and he was "swimming" in them they where so big. They are at most of the big box stores in the infant section.

I can fit into pull-ups. but the gerber plastic pants, no way an adult is going to wear those, I stopped fitting when I was 10-12 and those were the 1980's ones that were even bigger then the ones these days.
However, for years these gerber plastic pants were my only source, so you can actually take two and superglue them together into one that fits an adult up to 36" with lots of work and care. You can take a third and make the back higher, but that's very hard because you have to cut the whole elastic band you make off to insert a new section. As to being water tight, depends on how much glue you use, if you use enough they will be decently leakproof. I can provide detailed instructions/video if any one wants :pizza:

But actual adult plastic pants are 10x better, I'm glad I finally ordered some.

egor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I can fit into pull-ups. but the gerber plastic pants, no way an adult is going to wear those, I stopped fitting when I was 10-12 and those were the 1980's ones that were even bigger then the ones these days.
However, for years these gerber plastic pants were my only source, so you can actually take two and superglue them together into one that fits an adult up to 36" with lots of work and care. You can take a third and make the back higher, but that's very hard because you have to cut the whole elastic band you make off to insert a new section. As to being water tight, depends on how much glue you use, if you use enough they will be decently leakproof. I can provide detailed instructions/video if any one wants :pizza:

But actual adult plastic pants are 10x better, I'm glad I finally ordered some.

Thank you for the info. They sure look bigger then they are then.

norcal57

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
We all have experiences, and we all have preferences. I would never wear a disposable without a plastic pant. With that said, it took a long time (years) to find a cover pant that works, breathes (no sweating) and not leaks. I don't worry where I go our how long I am out. I use Bambino Bianco disposables, and a special order Gary snap-on white-boilable pant.

Works great for me.

Waddles

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I use a coverpant from Gabby's that are more cloth like then plastic, I have tried those and they were short-lived and too stiff/uncomfortable. I really like the look of the Gary PUL pant, but they are not cheap, and I have not found a supplier in Canada yet, may try and find some on Ebay in the future.

Millbay

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Private
Hi there
I plucked up the courage and started wearing disposables for the first time last year, I bought a pair of PVC briefs for extra protection however they were very uncomfortable especially in hot weather and put them in the bin. I found a UK site that sold polyurathine (PUL) briefs and from my perspective I must admit I hardly know that I have them on they as are so comfortable, very thin, quiet and are great in hot weather.

diverj

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
for me the whole AB thing is about the look and feel. plastic pants have to be part po that be it over terry or disposables. the feeling of them being pulled up you legs and the total feel of sealing in the nappy is what it is all about.

Status
Not open for further replies.