Wearing diapers in a 2 bedroom apartment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boyhood

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I know some of you have had the guts to wear to bed in even the same room as someone and not get caught. I don't know if any of you would dare do that with your absolute best friend though. I've known this guy since preschool, and we will be living in the same apartment. I want to get some advice from anyone who has lived in an apartment with someone else, most importantly a best friend who has no idea about your diapers.

We will be in separate rooms, of course, and it's not the wearing that I'm worried about, it's the smell and the garbage disposing that is making me think if it's even worth the risk. I'm seeking creative answers out of good ADISC personal experiences. There is usually always a temporary place we need to store our used diapers, because rarely do we dispose them one at a time. I don't understand where I'm going to do this or how things are going to work out. I don't understand how parcels work either. I know if it is too large to fit in your mailbox, there might be a sticky note to tell you to go pick it up at the post office or something, but i've heard of my other friends having the deliverer place the parcel in the entrance to the apartment complex as well. That wouldn't go over too well if it wasn't discreetly packaged (and you can't always count on it to be if you're experimenting with many types).

I'd just appreciate any personal apartment advice for those who have shared an apartment with a friend who doesn't know.

adaffme149

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
I'm actually having this same predicament... This will be interesting to me, as well.

J

Jeffy

Black trash bags... lots of baking soda... incense if he can tolerate it... aaaaaand does your bedroom have a window?

Boyhood

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Black trash bags... lots of baking soda... incense if he can tolerate it... aaaaaand does your bedroom have a window?

yeah it will, I don't want to be using incense and all that but thanks anyway.

goodnitesgirl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
How is trash disposed of at your complex are there dumpsters or do you have individual wheele bins. If its dumpsters keep some shopping bags in your room and seal the used diapers in them then take them to the dumpster ASAP. This may mean many trips to the dumpster a week but its the cost of being discrete. If you have your own bin its a little more difficult as there is always the risk your roommate will see the diaper in the trash at some point. For deliveries if possible perhaps you could get a post office box and have them delivered there that way you avoid the risk of having them dropped at your front door. Even with these steps there is a decent chance you will screw up at some point and he will see a diaper it happens to the best of us and you will need to have some excuse ready. You can go with bedwetting embarrassing but more sympathetic or you can go with some version of the truth. Good luck hope it works out

adaffme149

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
Bury them, lol. A hole in the floor, just like one of those creepy guys that buries dead bodies in the basement. Bury used diapers there, haha. Then dispose of them when possible. Or, get an air-tight plastic box. Place there for untill disposal is possible. Pack with baking soda and good-smelling stuff like popourri or something.

J

JessePup

dude if he really is your best friend then he probably shouldn't care. He might be weirded out at first but he'll get used to it so long as your not... like overly open about it. i mean don't not care if he walks in on you wearing a diaper. ease him into it.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
But simply telling a friend can be hard. I have several friends that i'm sure would be cool with it if i told them, and i'm positive they wouldn't tell anyone else. Nevertheless, i don't tell them because i'd rather keep it to myself than work up the courage to tell them or have myself change in their eyes.

J

Jeffy

yeah it will, I don't want to be using incense and all that but thanks anyway.

Ok then how about essential oils? Anything to cover up the smell, but the baking soda should do a pretty good job of it. If you are really all that concerned try changing your diet and don't want to be spending all of your money on air-freshening products, try changing your diet.

Avoid coming out at all costs, even if he is your best friend... That's the last thing you want to do in any situation.

But the window is good... if you want to avoid taking the trash through the apartment drop it out the window or on the balcony (if your on the bottom level) and go outside and then take it to the dumpster (that is if that is how your complex disposes of waste. That is how all of them around here do)

WoXxY

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Incontinent
There should be one type of ventilation fan in your apartment, be it bathroom fan or kitchen. With window, get a window fan and have it blowing out.
Negative pressure is the key. Inside air goes out, outside air comes in.

thedlguy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
I would say if you put them in the trash (as in the dumpster outside) every day or two you should be fine.* I keep mine in the trash for a couple days before bringing them outside and they are not smelly.* Bounce fabric sheets also work great :D

Angusmac

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
The plastic shopping bags you get from the store are great...not evironmentally friendly (but neither are disposable diapers) Anywho, double bag the used diaper in two shopping bags, double knot the bag handles then put the bag in the trash...burry it under some other trash.

Don't tell your friend, nothing good can come of it.

Good luck.

-Gus

dlt88

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've lived in plenty of apartments with friends. You really don't have anything to worry about...just don't be stupid.

You won't really have any need to ever be in each others bedrooms and will definitely not have any need to go snooping around or even looking for anything. You've got your space...he's got his. In every apartment I've had, we've set up some sort of a "central command" station where we could leave the mail, write messages on a dry erase board, etc. This helped ensure privacy. Anything we wanted someone else to see went there.

As far as disposing, I just always used a regular medium-sized kitchen style trashcan with a lid. As long as you wash it out with bleach every once in awhile, you should have no problems with lingering odors. Dryer sheets also work pretty well and they are cheap enough that you can replace them every few days when you empty it out. You'll probably have some sort of a desk in your room, so having a trashcan is nothing out of the ordinary. I always placed it in a inconspicuous place, behind a door, on the side of a piece of furniture....somewhere where it wouldn't stand out if you just casually looked around the room. You could also drape it with a towel or something, to help it blend in further as a simple place holder. If you have a large enough closet, you could also put it in there...just make sure to empty it regularly to prevent your clothes from smelling like wet diapers :p You'll have plenty of options...no one expects a college aged kids bedroom to pass the white glove test. Use that to your advantage to get creative.

Living in an apartment, you will probably want to divvy up the common area chores to keep the place habitable. Taking out the trash is always my de-facto chore of choice. Once every two or three days, when taking the kitchen trash out, throw in the bathroom trash and your bedroom trash (read..diapers) inside for good measure. Nobody will think twice. Key is to do it regularly so it just becomes routine that you are the trash man. Regularity also helps ensure smell never becomes an issue.

As for packages, every apartment has a different policy. At the apartments I've lived and worked at (I use to be a leasing consultant), it was policy that UPS, FedEx, etc. try your apartment first. If no one answers, they leave a note and bring it by the front office for you to pick up later. As far as the office is concerned, they could care less what packages you get. Depending on the size of the complex, they could have 10-30 packages delivered everyday that need to be stored. The driver just brings them in and they get placed in the storage closet. UPS/FedEx usually write the apartment # in large numbers on the boxes when they are delivering anyway, so we don't have to do anything but pass it along to you when you come by to pick it up. I usually brought the tenant to the closet with me to help me look and so they could carry the box out themselves. If your complex doesn't have a management office on site, the delivery driver will either leave it at your front door or will leave a note and come back the next day. If you miss it still, you'll then have to pick it up at the distribution center. Leaving packages with a neighbors has kind of gone by the wayside as of late.

Your roommate will more than likely have packages coming to him from time to time, so your diaper deliveries will be nothing unusual. We would usually just leave packages that came in for one another at the "command central". Sometimes, if they were really big, we would leave them by the bedroom door - or, if the door was open, just leave them inside. It never occurred to open them or even give them a second glance. If its something that needs to be scene, you'll see it. If its something for the apartment, you'll know about it.

Living with someone, especially a good friend, takes some adjustment. People have habits and do things you really wish they didn't. But, that's life. No one is perfect.

There is absolutely no need for your friend to know you wear. Respect his privacy and he will respect yours. Don't be stupid and everything will work out just fine. Besides, I'm sure he's got some skeletons in his closet he would prefer that you didn't know about. Everyone does.

Living with a good friend can be a lot of fun. Its nice always having someone around to do things with. Assuming the living relationship works, this is an experience you will both be able to share for the rest of your lives. Ah, the stories you will be able to tell. All in all, the good times definitely outweigh the minor inconveniences.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I wore diapers all the time when I was sharing an apartment with my buddies. It wasn't their business... they didn't care.

Keep it covered when outside of your room... and use your own trash can. You'll be fine

tdlrfootedpjs

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Here is what I would do if I were you, Get some gallon zip lock bags, some baking soda and a good size rubbermaid container that has a lid. Dont go cheapo on the zip lock bags either, the cheap ones usually allow odor to escape. When you have a wet one, place it in the zip lock bag and then place that into the rubbermaid container that has the open box of baking soda in it and put the cover on it. The baking soda will absorb any smell that does escape the ziploc bags and if you get a colored one, no one can see inside of it either. Then secondly, be sure you buy dark trash bags kitchen size, 13 gallon or so for your room, and once a week or so you can clean out the used ones along with the rest of your trash and no one will be the wiser. I have done this with sharing a room with someone and and in a house of 13 guys while at college. So I can tell you from experience it works.

EvaIlyxtra

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
  5. Private
If you do know this guy since preschool then trust should be a significant part in your friendship. Telling your friend is an option to be considered but hiding it is also. In my opinion, hiding diapers in a 2 bedroom apartment shouldn't be as hard as hiding diapers as a teen in your parents house. Hope that everything goes out well.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Incontinent
As for me... I know it is a lot more spacious than a 2 bedroom apartment. But my parents still do not know that I wet at night. I always just bag it in the morning. (I have made it a ritual that I take my backpack every where with me so it is not weird). When I leave though my dad is gone and my mom is still asleep anyways.

But I just take the diaper in a bag and throw it out at a gas station or even in front of some store.

I work mon-fri, so I leave the house anyways. On the weekends I stay at my gfs... and she knows so it is not a deal there.

So if you want... just sneak it out of the house each day and throw it out somewhere else.

If that isn't doable the other suggestions are good too.

Maybe take these suggestions and combine them together.

Should be able to come up with a pretty good solution with them.

Hope everything goes well.
:D

diaperedwolfcub

NEJay

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Wearing diapers while living with a roommate is not a big deal. Seriously.

Everyone has a trash in their room. When you take off your wet diaper, put it in a bag (plastic grocery bags are good, as well as cheapo trashcan liners), and throw it in the trash under something else. Simple. As. That.

No loads of baking soda needed. ;)

Dolphins2011

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Just tell him, I mean he's your best friend, he should understand. If he's really not open to things such as this, just lie and say it's a medical thing, he will have to accept that.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I think I would use zip lock bags. I would put diapers in one zip lock bag, and then that bag into another, empty zip lock bag, perhaps with baking soda. I also would get a locking foot locker. I made locking foot lockers for my kids when they went to college.

When getting rid of the diaper bags, put the zip lock bags into a black drawstring garbage bag.

As for discovery, if discovered say you only wear a diaper if you've been drinking heavily. Unfortunately, you sometimes have accidents if you are extremely drunk. Anyway, that would be my story, if caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.