Wearing around other people

MaleoMist

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
So I've gotten the idea that I want to start trying to wear a pullup or diaper beyond my bedroom door at night....aka in daylight around other people, which I've never done before. I'm a bit daunted by the idea but also excited. Super terrified about being able to keep a straight face around people, not leaking and so on. It feels a little impossible and like I'd be doing something wrong. But again I'd like to try it. It's crazy that I've been an ABDL for as long as I have and never worn around other people.

Basically I need advice. I usually wear huge stuff like rearz nighttime diapers with two inserts and the like. Obviously not possible when you're gonna be walking around and active. Sometimes I squeeze into a drynite but they often tear on me. I'm worried about wearing pullups around people in fear of them leaking due to poor capacity but am also scared about wearing a diaper with tabs in fear of it being too conspicuous. Is there some miracle solution to these concerns or am I just being too paranoid?

Cheers from Maleo

There are a few things you can do to try and hide a diaper better.

One, wear a onesie with it, and one that fits well. It’ll keep the diaper in place and keep from popping out when you bend over and whatnot. Sometimes plastic pants or a diaper cover will help this too.

Two, though I have yet to try this myself, get a pair of pants or two that are one or two sizes bigger than what you’d normally wear. The baggy larger pants will do a much better job helping hide the diaper bulk better than your typical pants would.

Three, in your case, and this is just my opinion, but you might want to invest in some lighter capacity “daytime” diapers. I can understand where you’re coming from with all of the bulk, but for daytime use, you should probably have something a little thinner and lighter on absorbency. You’ll have more opportunities to change while awake, so as long as you’re mindful of how much more you can push your diaper, you shouldn’t have an issue with leaks.

Finally, unless you make it super obvious, most people honestly won’t notice. People are far too absorbed in their own lives to bat an eye unless they see something really out of place. I highly doubt anyone would notice, and if they do, tell them you’re wearing for medical purposes. A mental need and want for diapers like we all have technically is a medical purposes.

Try these tips, as well as the plenty of other tips I’m sure others will offer up.

Reactions: lilgirllil, ScriptedGamer and perlFerret
We should get a sticky topic on this. Not to diminish your question but may I suggest you try the search tool?

Reactions: lilgirllil, WABX and trysexiea
MaleoMist said:
So I've gotten the idea that I want to start trying to wear a pullup or diaper beyond my bedroom door at night....aka in daylight around other people, which I've never done before. I'm a bit daunted by the idea but also excited. Super terrified about being able to keep a straight face around people, not leaking and so on. It feels a little impossible and like I'd be doing something wrong. But again I'd like to try it. It's crazy that I've been an ABDL for as long as I have and never worn around other people.

Basically I need advice. I usually wear huge stuff like rearz nighttime diapers with two inserts and the like. Obviously not possible when you're gonna be walking around and active. Sometimes I squeeze into a drynite but they often tear on me. I'm worried about wearing pullups around people in fear of them leaking due to poor capacity but am also scared about wearing a diaper with tabs in fear of it being too conspicuous. Is there some miracle solution to these concerns or am I just being too paranoid?

Cheers from Maleo

why not just use your ordinary disposable diaper, without the inserts, do not exceed a reasonable time is also a good idea (4 to 6 hours) with that you will not have any leaks, and it will remain discreet.

PaddedBrony said:
There are a few things you can do to try and hide a diaper better.

One, wear a onesie with it, and one that fits well. It’ll keep the diaper in place and keep from popping out when you bend over and whatnot. Sometimes plastic pants or a diaper cover will help this too.

Two, though I have yet to try this myself, get a pair of pants or two that are one or two sizes bigger than what you’d normally wear. The baggy larger pants will do a much better job helping hide the diaper bulk better than your typical pants would.

Three, in your case, and this is just my opinion, but you might want to invest in some lighter capacity “daytime” diapers. I can understand where you’re coming from with all of the bulk, but for daytime use, you should probably have something a little thinner and lighter on absorbency. You’ll have more opportunities to change while awake, so as long as you’re mindful of how much more you can push your diaper, you shouldn’t have an issue with leaks.

Finally, unless you make it super obvious, most people honestly won’t notice. People are far too absorbed in their own lives to bat an eye unless they see something really out of place. I highly doubt anyone would notice, and if they do, tell them you’re wearing for medical purposes. A mental need and want for diapers like we all have technically is a medical purposes.

Try these tips, as well as the plenty of other tips I’m sure others will offer up.

I think that the tips that you indicate above are super flux, since as you indicate above nobody notices it anyway, the only person who have a small chance to see it are, people incontinent, caregivers, AB people, ADL.

trysexiea said:
why not just use your ordinary disposable diaper, without the inserts, do not exceed a reasonable time is also a good idea (4 to 6 hours) with that you will not have any leaks, and it will remain discreet.
MaleoMist said:

Cheers from Maleo

I can understand that as a woman you are fears, but there is no need to have, at worst you can use a dress I can understand that as a woman you are fears, but there is no need to have, at worst you can use a dress for the first trial history that the diaper is completely invisible

Reactions: lilgirllil
I did a few times with blue Tena and nobody told anything.

I’m wearing at work right now. No one ever pays attention to anything but themselves so I don’t worry unless I leak

Reactions: lilgirllil and trysexiea
Wearing diapers in public for the first time can be a scary feeling but you will quickly learn with the right clothes (loose fitting) no one will notice your in a diaper even if its a Crinklz. Pullups will be more noticeable since the odds are you will endup leaking if you have a surge when you pee. Wear a premium diaper you can trust and you will not have any problems just never show a reaction when you pee just keep going about your buisness as if nothing is happening.

Reactions: silvermist
I have got to the point that I am not super worried about other people, if I am home I just wear what I want when I want and dont worry until it gets to the point where I really gotta poop urgently, and that is only because I like to have some form of decency and not subject my family to it unnecessarily.

If I am out and about and feel like wearing a diaper, i just layer up so nobody will actually see my diaper when i am out of town doing what i wanted to do and i wet the diaper as necessary and dont worry about it as I'm never out long enough to need to change on the go.

But if you really want to hide it well you should have 1 or 2 onesies in normal colors (such as black or white because they will look like a normal shirt to basically everybody) and have that between a diaper and a pair of jeans that is one (or even two) sizes bigger than absolutely necessary, and as a further bonus you could use a belt.

I like the Sliding/Ratchet belts because they allow for super easy adjusting any time you need it rather than the unprecise adjustments you can get with a normal Hole Punch style belt, and you could use plastic pants to help in case of leaks, but that may not be necessary.

I feel like it is key knowing what the diaper you use is capable of and not pushing it too far; a leak will be so much more obvious than a thick diaper in any case.

Reactions: lilgirllil and Seasonedcitizen
BabyTyrant said:
I have got to the point that I am not super worried about other people, if I am home I just wear what I want when I want and dont worry until it gets to the point where I really gotta poop urgently, and that is only because I like to have some form of decency and not subject my family to it unnecessarily.

If I am out and about and feel like wearing a diaper, i just layer up so nobody will actually see my diaper when i am out of town doing what i wanted to do and i wet the diaper as necessary and dont worry about it as I'm never out long enough to need to change on the go.

But if you really want to hide it well you should have 1 or 2 onesies in normal colors (such as black or white because they will look like a normal shirt to basically everybody) and have that between a diaper and a pair of jeans that is one (or even two) sizes bigger than absolutely necessary, and as a further bonus you could use a belt.

I like the Sliding/Ratchet belts because they allow for super easy adjusting any time you need it rather than the unprecise adjustments you can get with a normal Hole Punch style belt, and you could use plastic pants to help in case of leaks, but that may not be necessary.

I feel like it is key knowing what the diaper you use is capable of and not pushing it too far; a leak will be so much more obvious than a thick diaper in any case.

I see how it can be a good idea to choose two-size pants above ours, I'm not a normal person I guess Haha, but I use pants to my size despite I use "Rearz black" never had any problem, it does not even pose a problem for fitting new clothes.

Just wear a diaper that will take care of your urinary needs while you are out. Many of the fetish diapers have nice designs and thickness to add to the kinkiness of being little. I've stopped worrying if anyone can tell I'm diapered.

Going out in a nappy for the first time can be a daunting thought, so it's not surprising this is such a popular question. As any regular wearer will tell you, it's completely fine, no-one cares or notices, and in time you will have that experience yourself; but how do you survive the voyage of discovery?

As mentioned above, it's important to have confidence in your nappy, so aim for more absorbency than you think you'll need. Not only will it reduce the chance of actual leaks, it will reduce your worry about the possibility of them. If you have doubts, you may find it tantalisingly difficult to wet when you need to, or you will draw attention to yourself by your focused concentration or discomfort. You want to be in a position where you can just use the nappy without a care in the world. Put some waterproof panties on if that gives you extra confidence.

Recognise that this is just a phase and some people get through it faster than others. I had a GF once who took to wearing for convenience out and about almost instantly. Within her first couple of nappies she was happy to go out in one, and had no embarrassment or inhibitions about using it when needed. It took me much longer, but now I can wear and wet any time, anywhere; I can wet in the middle of a face-to-face conversation without the slightest hint showing.

Have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wear a diaper in public all the time because i am partially bladder and bowel incontinent and frequently have accidents while I am out and about. It is just a matter of wearing the right clothes to conceal the diaper properly so it doesn't show through your clothes.

I spend a lot of time with diapered young women that wear out and about. What I've learned over the years is that people don't pay that much attention. You might think things are obvious, but it's rare that anyone has ever noticed.

I wear nappies all the time and have done for the last 7 years not once has anyone mentioned anything. No one cares what you wear under your clothes.

Reactions: trysexiea
Thank you all for all the advice! I'm not so much worried about random people on the street, more people that are close to me and know me. Like if I'm in the kitchen fixing good and one of my roommates are in there and notice the crinkle.

Huge development is that I'm currently in a betterdry while not in my bedroom. I'm wearing two pairs of boxers and a onesie but there's still a noticeable crinkle, is that inevitable? Or are betterdry's just not inconspicuous diapers?

Let's see how the day goes!

MaleoMist said:
Thank you all for all the advice! I'm not so much worried about random people on the street, more people that are close to me and know me. Like if I'm in the kitchen fixing good and one of my roommates are in there and notice the crinkle.

Huge development is that I'm currently in a betterdry while not in my bedroom. I'm wearing two pairs of boxers and a onesie but there's still a noticeable crinkle, is that inevitable? Or are betterdry's just not inconspicuous diapers?

Let's see how the day goes!

you know you can put 50 boxers it's not going to hide better the Diaper, eventually it will have the opposite effect. but I think that you complicate your life a lot for nothing. it's been over 10 years since I wears diapers 24/7 that never shocked anyone.

Betterdry is not your most discreet option. Something a little more subtle may be appropriate in close company with people you know. My choice for daily wear in these environments is the Tena Active Fit Maxi or Ultima, which offer good value and performance at the top end of plastic-backed medical products while being quite discreet. I'm not claiming them to be especially quiet, perhaps someone can advise on better alternatives as minimising crinkle has never been high on my list of priorities when choosing nappies. I switch to Betterdry when the extra absorbency is needed or I don't care about discretion, so it's not uncommon to run into people when wearing one. As always, no-one seems to notice.

Light figure-shaping panties are quite good at controlling both crinkle and bulges. Full-cut styles that completely cover the nappy, a couple of sizes too large so that they are not too tight anywhere, offer the best results. At home I will often just wear waterproofs without the control panties and the increase in crinkle from the nappy itself is noticeable.

Back