Wearing around family and friends.

BabyHailey1977

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
I just read a comment from another discussion that got me thinking. Who in here wears diapers around family and friends who do not know?

My parents visited the other day and I was too afraid to wear a diaper, so I wore a pull-up instead.

I want to transition to pretty much wearing all the time, so I will eventually have to wear around all of them. Does anyone have any personal experience with this?

• Love
Reactions: Lostdiapersboy, GirlGirlBoy, DLJosie and 3 others
baggy clothing, and act normal, but do not use

Reactions: GoodnitesBoy2000, TeeMousy, Blekyss and 2 others
jspoter said:
baggy clothing, and act normal, but do not use
Sounds like a plan. But when my parents visit, they stay with us, so I’d probably use it. I never go #2 in my diaper.

Reactions: Blekyss and jspoter
Continent DLs are an endless source of both wonder and amusement for those of us who are incontinent. I get why it seems like a big deal to wear around family, or wear to work, or whatever, but some people end up making a big deal out of tiny little things.

I wear high-absorbency diapers that are fairly thick, and when then they're so unnoticeable that nobody has ever given any indication that they've noticed. Also, consider that something like 5% of the population is incontinent, and many of those people wear diapers. Have you ever, even once, noticed somebody in public wearing a diaper? Considering that close to one in twenty people are wearing, if diapers were that noticeable, you'd see them all the time - and yet you don't. This is because they're nearly impossible to see under clothes.

Try this: go out in a public place, and count the people you see. Every time your count reaches thirty, odds are high that at least one of those people is wearing a padding of one sort or another. Every time your count reaches fifty, odds are that one of those people is wearing a full-on adult diaper. How many of those people did you spot wearing a diaper? How many did you hear diapers crinkling on? Unless they've made colossally bad wardrobe choices or are purposely trying to show off their diaper, the answer is going to be that you didn't see or hear any of them.

Seriously, diapers aren't as obvious as you think. Unless your mom is starting at your crotch or butt, and already suspects that you might be diapered, she's never going to notice.

• Love
Reactions: CLeazy928, HalMidLife, Jk95 and 17 others
Thanks for the info. I’m sure I’m making a big deal out of it for no reason. But I do have a feeling my mom thinks I wear diapers. But who knows. I really don’t mind if she knows, it’s my dad that I’m worried about.

I really don’t care if people know I’m wearing a diaper. It’s a conversation that might never happen. I got coffee the other day after working a 14 hour grace shift. She asked my how I was, and without thinking I said I was tired, going to change my diaper and go to bed. For a split second I was embarrassed.

• Wow
Reactions: Lostdiapersboy, PadPhilosopher and NivekDLF
ltaluv said:
Continent DLs are an endless source of both wonder and amusement for those of us who are incontinent. I get why it seems like a big deal to wear around family, or wear to work, or whatever, but some people end up making a big deal out of tiny little things.

I wear high-absorbency diapers that are fairly thick, and when then they're so unnoticeable that nobody has ever given any indication that they've noticed. Also, consider that something like 5% of the population is incontinent, and many of those people wear diapers. Have you ever, even once, noticed somebody in public wearing a diaper? Considering that close to one in twenty people are wearing, if diapers were that noticeable, you'd see them all the time - and yet you don't. This is because they're nearly impossible to see under clothes.

Try this: go out in a public place, and count the people you see. Every time your count reaches thirty, odds are high that at least one of those people is wearing a padding of one sort or another. Every time your count reaches fifty, odds are that one of those people is wearing a full-on adult diaper. How many of those people did you spot wearing a diaper? How many did you hear diapers crinkling on? Unless they've made colossally bad wardrobe choices or are purposely trying to show off their diaper, the answer is going to be that you didn't see or hear any of them.

Seriously, diapers aren't as obvious as you think. Unless your mom is starting at your crotch or butt, and already suspects that you might be diapered, she's never going to notice.
I think the difference for continent DLs is that on the off chance someone notices, you can’t just explain it away as a medical need, especially if it is family or friends. Most of us don’t want to lie, and we don’t want to explain why we enjoy wearing diapers.

I do wear discretely around my kids who don’t know, but I don’t use my diaper. I wear mostly Super Undies, but I have worn disposable cloth backed around them as well.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Sidewinder, Chrissie and 5 others
RedPandaDL said:
I think the difference for continent DLs is that on the off chance someone notices, you can’t just explain it away as a medical need, especially if it is family or friends. Most of us don’t want to lie, and we don’t want to explain why we enjoy wearing diapers.

I do wear discretely around my kids who don’t know, but I don’t use my diaper. I wear mostly Super Undies, but I have worn disposable cloth backed around them as well.
I have a 20 year old son who is home from college and a 5 year old daughter. I wear my Molicare Slips around them all the time. They have no idea. But at night and to bed, I wear the Walgreens brand and even though they are cloth backed, they are very loud. I don’t wear them around anyone.

The other day at the grocery store, we walked down the incontinence isle and my wife jokingly asked if I needed any diapers. My son wasn’t there, but my daughter said “daddy isn’t a baby”. It was pretty funny.

But you are right. I don’t want to have the conversation with my dad that I love diapers.

• Love
Reactions: BBBen, babyoni, denimchicken and 5 others
Italuv pretty much said it all, most of the people that I care about know about my incontinence, those that don't (like my fiancees parents) will never know unless i have a major leak. when we go to their house or out with them I wear a plain coloured onesie and waterproof pants (just in case) abd my normal jogging bottoms. they don't suspect a thing.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and BabyHailey1977
RedPandaDL said:
You make a good point, and I can understand your nervousness. I'll still maintain, though, that most continent DLs dramatically overestimate the chance of having someone notice your diapers. Those of us who wear full time don't get generally get noticed at all - I've never had to explain my diaper use to anyone outside of a medical setting, because nobody has ever asked. I wear around my family and friends (and except for my wife, and probably my kids, none of them know I'm incontinent), my coworkers, and the people I go to church with. There has not been a single time that anyone has asked why I'm wearing a diaper.

My kids may know, because it's hard to keep things like that hidden from kids, but they've never asked. Most medical professionals I interface with know, either because it's related to treatment or they've seen me undressed. Beyond that, though, my diapers might as well be invisible.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, PearlandDL and BabyHailey1977
Perhaps this is a dumb question, but if you do not need to wear diapers (you
wear because you love to wear them - a DL) and you are obviously concerned about someone finding out you wear diapers, then why would you wear them in that situation?

Kayleigh said:
wear because you love to wear them - a DL) and you are obviously concerned about someone finding out you wear diapers, then why would you wear them in that situation?
Not a dumb question. I want to be 24/7, so that will be inevitable. But we will see in the future if I enough guts.

ltaluv said:
You make a good point, and I can understand your nervousness. I'll still maintain, though, that most continent DLs dramatically overestimate the chance of having someone notice your diapers. Those of us who wear full time don't get generally get noticed at all - I've never had to explain my diaper use to anyone outside of a medical setting, because nobody has ever asked. I wear around my family and friends (and except for my wife, and probably my kids, none of them know I'm incontinent), my coworkers, and the people I go to church with. There has not been a single time that anyone has asked why I'm wearing a diaper.

My kids may know, because it's hard to keep things like that hidden from kids, but they've never asked. Most medical professionals I interface with know, either because it's related to treatment or they've seen me undressed. Beyond that, though, my diapers might as well be invisible.
I would tend to agree with you. Most people you encounter in everyday life are not going to say anything, even if they notice. I really don’t want my kids to know though, and they would probably be the most likely to notice.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Kellycares and BabyHailey1977
IDDiaperboy said:
Not a dumb question. I want to be 24/7, so that will be inevitable. But we will see in the future if I enough guts.
Perhaps another dumb question- why do you want to be 24/7? There have been posts here on adisc about what is involved. Are you prepared to go everywhere with a diaper bag and wipes? Is your wife prepared for that also? How will you explain a diaper bag to your kids on family vacation?

Kayleigh said:
Perhaps another dumb question- why do you want to be 24/7? There have been posts here on adisc about what is involved. Are you prepared to go everywhere with a diaper bag and wipes? Is your wife prepared for that also? How will you explain a diaper bag to your kids on family vacation?
Well, I don’t want to mess my diapers. And really, I haven’t thought that far ahead. All I know is that I feel normal when I wear a diaper. It’s really hard to explain.

Reactions: elaleman
IDDiaperboy said:
Well, I don’t want to mess my diapers. And really, I haven’t thought that far ahead. All I know is that I feel normal when I wear a diaper. It’s really hard to explain.
I understand. I feel great when I am diapered. I love the feeling of wetting. I wear at night and I oftentimes can’t wait until bedtime to put on my diapers. i have gone multiple days diapered when my wife was away and loved it. But I have never desired 24/7.
I view it as having two selves where one is the person who functions and benefits within society and the other that can throw off some aspects of “ normal” life and just enjoy myself with the only care being whether my diaper is comfy.

Reactions: BBBen, PadPhilosopher, Lyric and 2 others
Kayleigh said:
I understand. I feel great when I am diapered. I love the feeling of wetting. I wear at night and I oftentimes can’t wait until bedtime to put on my diapers. i have gone multiple days diapered when my wife was away and loved it. But I have never desired 24/7.
I view it as having two selves where one is the person who functions and benefits within society and the other that can throw off some aspects of “ normal” life and just enjoy myself with the only care being whether my diaper is comfy.
That makes a lot of sense.

Kayleigh said:
Not sure if you were asking me. I don’t wear outside the house unless it is a thin diaper. If I didn’t wear around my kids at all, I would only be able to wear to bed. My oldest is 17 and youngest is 11, so it is not like they feel my butt or anything. I mostly wear Super Undies, which is maybe a little easier to explain away than disposable diapers. They know I wear fashion briefs and wear padded bicycle shorts when I ride. If they notice my Super Undies and I tell them that I like the comfort of wearing them, I don’t think they would be that surprised. I guess I am not worried too much about it.

If I were incontinent, I would wear whatever I wanted and not worry about it at all. I would just explain it to my kids. I have a special needs daughter as well, so my boys understand medical situations.

RedPandaDL said:
Not sure if you were asking me. I don’t wear outside the house unless it is a thin diaper. If I didn’t wear around my kids at all, I would only be able to wear to bed. My oldest is 17 and youngest is 11, so it is not like they feel my butt or anything. I mostly wear Super Undies, which is maybe a little easier to explain away than disposable diapers. They know I wear fashion briefs and wear padded bicycle shorts when I ride. If they notice my Super Undies and I tell them that I like the comfort of wearing them, I don’t think they would be that surprised. I guess I am not worried too much about it.

If I were incontinent, I would wear whatever I wanted and not worry about it at all. I would just explain it to my kids. I have a special needs daughter as well, so my boys understand medical situations.
Was asking IDD. But glad you answered.

'Normies' generally don't notice or care if you are using a diaper. I have to wear high capacity diapers + liners at all times ... it's never been an issue around anyone .

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Freddie07601
Kayleigh said:
Was asking IDD. But glad you answered.
I get the sense that IDD wishes everyone knew he wears and would be okay with it. He is not sure if he should hide it or just tell everyone. That is my take on it.

I personally don’t get the attraction of wearing 24/7 in every situation. I think it would loose it’s appeal and just add undue stress.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Pamperedbaby22 and BabyHailey1977
Back