Wearing anything childish in public?

Schwanensee said:
I have quite a few childish clothes that I wear out in public, dungarees being part of that. I also wear a lot of shirts with cute animal prints, and recently made some very cutesy dresses with puffy sleeves and a cute peter pan collar. They definitely do stand out, but as a young woman I can wear a lot more "out there" clothing and I got over people staring at me a good while ago. If you are comfortable in your outfit people are a lot more likely to accept it as normal, in my opinion.

There is definitely a line though - I once went to a meet up in a public place, the invitation said to wear public appropriate clothes - so I showed uo in dungarees with a normal, tight fitting shirt underneath, which is a style I often see. But there was also this girl there who was wearing a bright pink wrap shirt and what was basically sweatpants with pink unicorns on it - the whole outfit looked like pyjamas at best, and obvious baby clothes at worst. She was also toting around a giant teddy bear. Now, I don't like to judge people - but that was definitely not public appropriate in my eyes. (It didn't help that she kept loudly calling for her Daddy who was sitting across the table from her.)
😆 (It didn't help that she kept loudly calling for her Daddy who was sitting across the table from her.)

I shouldn't laugh, I'm sure she was very tiresome but her Daddy must have been embarrassed ?

• Haha
Reactions: Diaperedforsuresince17 and Seasonedcitizen
I had a school uniform that I wore out. It was the real thing from a school I'd once gone too many years ago and I bought all of it - even games knickers. I was 36 and a mature student at university and a friend bet me I wouldn't wear it on campus. So I did. No staring or strange glances -
nothing. I was quite glad but my friend was dismayed.

Reactions: Safari
diaperbobby said:
As my size allows me to wear boys XL clothing (usually husky size) I am able to wear some neat clothing regularly. I consider these clothes to be childish, but they do not call attention to me all that much. Usually it is undershirts or briefs--white or with cartoon graphics. I have some Baby-pants training pants, the thick ones, that I wear out in public when I am feeling Little (underneath regular pants, of course). I have some patterned/super-hero T-shirts I enjoy wearing out in public, too. Not all that exciting, but I love wearing what I do.
When are you due to become an established contributor?

JaysonTheRegressor said:
I plan on wearing my overalls and ducky t-shirt to my first trip to an amusement park after my vaccine!
I've got a ducky tee shirt. I wonder if it's the same one - bought from Cosy N Dry online?
Blue with yellow duckies.

I have worn my red dungaree's loads over summer as they are short ones and they are really fun, I will wear my longer one to even and I have worn them in public as well which can be fun as nobody is likely to see your nappy showing and its fun for changing. Best thing for me is it making me feel little boyish but all so a cool kid because it's not a regular clothing choice so enjoy the funky nature of dungaree's on boys

tobey said:
Well it's always easy to put people in boxes by their appearence.
Gotta say...I sometimes used to wonder if I also have a fag-look.

I tried to find stores with child clothes adult-size but it's hard to find any in my country (Switzerland is tiny).
Sesame Street? I loved watching that!
I bet you get some smiles.

Ich kann Carhartt für erwachsene Latzhose in der Schweiz empfehlen 😀

I have several pairs of overalls that I wear a lot, including some pink shortalls that I love in the summer time. I am very small, 4'11 and 95 lbs, and can easily fit into girls' size 14/16 clothes, so I can find some great stuff at retail stores. I have three or four Frozen shirts that I wear regularly, as well as Frozen socks and a Frozen sleeper. I only ever wear footed PJs to sleep, including when I sleep over at other peoples' houses, I've only ever gotten positive comments about them.

Reactions: ChibiDolly and lilstevie56
Kaich said:
😆 (It didn't help that she kept loudly calling for her Daddy who was sitting across the table from her.)

I shouldn't laugh, I'm sure she was very tiresome but her Daddy must have been embarrassed ?
I wish he was, but no, he was playing along and even encouraging it. The worst was when the waiter came to take our order and she loudly told him "My daddy will order for me!", pointing across the table to her daddy who was obviously not old enough to be her biological father. I have to admit, I left that meet up early.

Chrisb said:

Chrisb said:

A fag look? As in Gay?
Schwanensee said:
I wish he was, but no, he was playing along and even encouraging it. The worst was when the waiter came to take our order and she loudly told him "My daddy will order for me!", pointing across the table to her daddy who was obviously not old enough to be her biological father. I have to admit, I left that meet up early.
It's quite amusing really. I bet it was all planned

Kaich said:
A fag look? As in Gay?
Umm... I really don’t know where that came from 🤯 Honestly I find your reply a bit offensive, really ☹️

There’s been plenty of mention of overalls here, and as @tobey mentioned looking for places to buy stuff in Switzerland I thought I’d offer a source for overalls locally in Switzerland... as they said, there’s not a lot of local options here

Chrisb said:
Umm... I really don’t know where that came from 🤯 Honestly I find your reply a bit offensive, really ☹️

There’s been plenty of mention of overalls here, and as @tobey mentioned looking for places to buy stuff in Switzerland I thought I’d offer a source for overalls locally in Switzerland... as they said, there’s not a lot of local options here
You had 'fag' in your entry. Fag means Gay in the UK. What do you find offensive?

I’ve got some cartoon shirts and hoodies and also some dresses with all-over cartoon animal prints plus some pairs of leggings with cartoon animals on which are all quite childish. They’re all made for adults and from the regular women’s section so I’ll happily wear in public.

• Love
Reactions: Safari, Kittyinpink and JaysonTheRegressor
Chrisb said:

KaleidoscopeKitty said:
I’ve got some cartoon shirts and hoodies and also some dresses with all-over cartoon animal prints plus some pairs of leggings with cartoon animals on which are all quite childish. They’re all made for adults and from the regular women’s section so I’ll happily wear in public.
I really envy you. I've got nothing like that. Just a few onesies and childish Tee shirts.
Where do you buy them from?

Kaich said:

I really envy you. I've got nothing like that. Just a few onesies and childish Tee shirts.
Where do you buy them from?
I suppose I could wear my onesies under my dungarees - that's what I bought them for...

Kaich said:
You had 'fag' in your entry. Fag means Gay in the UK. What do you find offensive?
I thought fag meant a cigarette in the UK?

MandyBear said:
I thought fag meant a cigarette in the UK?
It used to but it has come to be synonymous with Gay. I think it originated in American slang. It can mean either,

Last edited by a moderator:
Schwanensee said:
She was also toting around a giant teddy bear. Now, I don't like to judge people - but that was definitely not public appropriate in my eyes.
Honestly I think a giant one is inconsiderate but medium and small plushies are fine

:)

Kaich said:
Fag is a slur for people who are gay. It doesn't "mean" gay
Fag also means cigarette

Keyword: slur

Last edited:
JaysonTheRegressor said:
Fag is a slur for people who are gay. It doesn't "mean" gay
Fag also means cigarette
It does to the people who use it. And in England it is used ironically in the Gay population to depriveit of it's power to insult and offend,
it is seldom used in england to mean cigarette . But just what are you attempting to say?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back