Wearing a diaper or pull up 24/7 if IC or AB/DL your thoughts?

ILuvDiapers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Ok, so on another thread relating to public wetting there has been a fair bit of shaming. I personally wear a thick ABDL diaper 24/7, and don’t see any issue with it whatsoever. I am permanently IC Urinary and would need to wear some form of padding, but choose to wear an ABDL diaper, my choice. I personally think those who shun people wearing diapers in public only help to create a negative hostile attitude to those of us who do. I think 🤔 that as long as you do so in a discreet manner obviously, then I don’t think it’s anyone else’s business what I’m wearing or my reasons for doing so.

Reactions: Saltedcaramel64, Deleted member 67340, BABYTIGERCUB and 4 others

BlameBaby

✝️"River Valley Ages - Everything U do"✝️
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
ILuvDiapers said:
Ok, so on another thread relating to public wetting there has been a fair bit of shaming. I personally wear a thick ABDL diaper 24/7, and don’t see any issue with it whatsoever. I am permanently IC Urinary and would need to wear some form of padding, but choose to wear an ABDL diaper, my choice. I personally think those who shun people wearing diapers in public only help to create a negative hostile attitude to those of us who do. I think 🤔 that as long as you do so in a discreet manner obviously, then I don’t think it’s anyone else’s business what I’m wearing or my reasons for doing so.
Or if they make fun of others they should be put in the same position. if someone is looking I'll shake my butt to really give them something to talk about. I need a bumper stick that reads *clears throat* yes " I wear diapers stop staring at my butt" it's your problem so keep staring. What do you want me to do? Poop in it or pee in it for diaper sakes it's already been done right... Are you surprised what do you think happens in a diaper? Hmm right exactly umm hmm..

Reactions: WarriorPrincess and ILuvDiapers

chuck

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I wear cloth diapers or training pants and plastic pants all of the time and haven't had anyone who has seen me changing say anything. Some of my diapers have prints on them but they still absorb well and don't leak.

Reactions: ILuvDiapers

BlameBaby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
chuck said:
I wear cloth diapers or training pants and plastic pants all of the time and haven't had anyone who has seen me changing say anything. Some of my diapers have prints on them but they still absorb well and don't leak.
I definitely like the cute diapers with prints..

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I gave up caring what people think a long time ago.

Reactions: swirrll, ILuvDiapers and LinkDL

BlameBaby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
"I don't care about the people that don't care about me but I do care about the opinions of others the genuinely care for me and want the best for me. For me to say I don't care about what people think especially to the people that are going through hard times that's just heartless and unhuman"

hbic60

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Being urinary incontinent in my opinion protection should be as absorbent as needed and as discreet as possible. Concerning absorbency I try to be prepared for having a "bad day". And a basic rule for me, especially with going out, is to go actually one step higher as you think you need - means if a pad is enough for you, use a pant; if a light pant, take one for heavier leaks. If you think, a high absorbent pant is enough, take a diaper - its Murphy's law the otherwise sooner or later you will one day end up with wet pants which is always much more embarrassing than having somehow your protection being "detected" - which is nearly impossible if wearing appropriate clothing. And if something is detected - so what !?! I have a medical condition, so I have to wear protection, that's it - nothing to be ashamed of!

• Love
Reactions: caffelatte, Pino, PuffPuffPaci and 2 others

Wetshisbed

Incontinent and Enuretic
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
bobbilly said:
I gave up caring what people think a long time ago.
Me too I wear nappies all the time as I am urinary incontinent

ILuvDiapers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
hbic60 said:
Being urinary incontinent in my opinion protection should be as absorbent as needed and as discreet as possible. Concerning absorbency I try to be prepared for having a "bad day". And a basic rule for me, especially with going out, is to go actually one step higher as you think you need - means if a pad is enough for you, use a pant; if a light pant, take one for heavier leaks. If you think, a high absorbent pant is enough, take a diaper - its Murphy's law the otherwise sooner or later you will one day end up with wet pants which is always much more embarrassing than having somehow your protection being "detected" - which is nearly impossible if wearing appropriate clothing. And if something is detected - so what !?! I have a medical condition, so I have to wear protection, that's it - nothing to be ashamed of!
I used to wear pull ups, which frequently leaked through to my clothes drawing much more attention than i wanted. I've used medical grade diapers too, but since drifting into ABDL now only wear ABDL Diapers 24/7, they are thicker, much more absorbent, and seldom leek. I also love the designs and quality of ABDL Diapers, I tend to wear baggy loose fitting clothes, and being small and thin seldom draw attention to myself, despite wearing 24/7. I used to be deeply conscious of being diapered 24/7 due to permanent IC, but I no longer care about it as much as i did. I am essentially wearing a diaper first and foremost to address being permanently urinary incontinent. I do however also enjoy being little 24/7, it helps me with depression and anxiety related issues. :giggle:(y)

Pokogirl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
During the day I'm wearing pullups that are thin and discreet. I'm also wearing my underwear over them.
As for nighttime, pullups don't work so I use medical brand tapes. I would like to get rid of the fear of getting found out. But I feel my social life would be destroyed if they knew.

Reactions: PuffPuffPaci and ILuvDiapers

Rita

Padded Rita
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
My partner has always supported me ,along with my family . At first I was really nerves about how they look under my cloths , any more it don't matter me .....

• Love
Reactions: ILuvDiapers and Deleted member 67340

Cammer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I made that decision a while back too. I’m 23, I’m a land surveyor and it has been difficult for a while to come to terms with it, i have been to some drs but they want me to do tests I can’t afford and request I try timed voiding which helped a little. Before this year I was dealing with my incontinence poorly and pretending it wasn’t a big deal while subconsciously dehydrating my self to prevent a need to pee as often. I started to wear 24/7 for a while. It helped me regain my sanity and I felt better mentally and physically but I broke down about three months ago and gave up on 24/7 me and went back to the delusion that I was fine and I could get by, since then I had become anxious again, couldn’t sleep and not drinking water to the point I had vertigo every day and felt sick, and still had occasional accidents. I have finally gotten back to reality and realized I need to do better. I want to save up some money for the tests but for now I will do without. I’m drinking water again and I’m having more accidents but at least I’m padded. I’m going to try to keep on with the timed voiding but it’s hard when I’m working in the field as a land surveyor and don’t always have a restroom near by in crowded streets and neighborhoods

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192, PuffPuffPaci and ILuvDiapers

Cammer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Cammer said:
I made that decision a while back too. I’m 23, I’m a land surveyor and it has been difficult for a while to come to terms with it, i have been to some drs but they want me to do tests I can’t afford and request I try timed voiding which helped a little. Before this year I was dealing with my incontinence poorly and pretending it wasn’t a big deal while subconsciously dehydrating my self to prevent a need to pee as often. I started to wear 24/7 for a while. It helped me regain my sanity and I felt better mentally and physically but I broke down about three months ago and gave up on 24/7 me and went back to the delusion that I was fine and I could get by, since then I had become anxious again, couldn’t sleep and not drinking water to the point I had vertigo every day and felt sick, and still had occasional accidents. I have finally gotten back to reality and realized I need to do better. I want to save up some money for the tests but for now I will do without. I’m drinking water again and I’m having more accidents but at least I’m padded. I’m going to try to keep on with the timed voiding but it’s hard when I’m working in the field as a land surveyor and don’t always have a restroom near by in crowded streets and neighborhoods
Sorry wrong thread

rennecfox

Continuing to put quarters in the life game
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Incontinent
Anyone who would shame someone for wearing a diaper has to have some serious self worth issues that they feel a need to attack what they see as weakness in others

• Love
Reactions: hbic60, ILuvDiapers and Deleted member 67340

ILuvDiapers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Cammer said:
I feel very upset for you, please don't stop drinking to avoid wetting yourself! That won't help and will just make you poorly. I genuinely hope you can find a way to access the tests you need, But in the meantime don't beat yourself up for being padded. Incontinence is much more common than people think, for a variety of reasons! Don't cast shame upon yourself, you have absolutely nothing to feel guilty about, being padded should help avoid accidents. i wish you the very best of luck, and hope you can access the tests soon. 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗(y):)

Reactions: hbic60

ILuvDiapers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
rennecfox said:
Anyone who would shame someone for wearing a diaper has to have some serious self worth issues that they feel a need to attack what they see as weakness in others
Agree 100%! 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗(y):)

PuffPuffPaci

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
I wear pull-ups in the daytime and cloth at night. If people know about it, they know about it. The fact of the matter is, often times I end up having to tell people about it anyway because I have a job, or roommates. I need to be away from my designated area multiple times a day to use the bathroom, depending on what kind of work I do, they might need to know that. If it comes down to being embarrassed, I'd rather be embarrassed for wearing proper underwear versus having wet clothes and furniture. Also, if you're in the United States, it would be a crime for anyone to mention it on the job. So there's that.

As far as the general public is concerned, honestly.... I'm so self-absorbed I've rarely notice if anyone notices anything. Not only that, but I find solace in the fact that it's socially unacceptable to make fun of disabilities or medical problems. If anyone does make a big deal out of it, as long as I remain calm and point out the fact that they're ridiculing someone's medical disability, most witnesses are going to be on my side. Also, that sort of behavior says a lot more about the person doing it than it says about the victim.

• Love
Reactions: hbic60 and ILuvDiapers

ILuvDiapers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
PuffPuffPaci said:
I wear pull-ups in the daytime and cloth at night. If people know about it, they know about it. The fact of the matter is, often times I end up having to tell people about it anyway because I have a job, or roommates. I need to be away from my designated area multiple times a day to use the bathroom, depending on what kind of work I do, they might need to know that. If it comes down to being embarrassed, I'd rather be embarrassed for wearing proper underwear versus having wet clothes and furniture. Also, if you're in the United States, it would be a crime for anyone to mention it on the job. So there's that.

As far as the general public is concerned, honestly.... I'm so self-absorbed I've rarely notice if anyone notices anything. Not only that, but I find solace in the fact that it's socially unacceptable to make fun of disabilities or medical problems. If anyone does make a big deal out of it, as long as I remain calm and point out the fact that they're ridiculing someone's medical disability, most witnesses are going to be on my side. Also, that sort of behavior says a lot more about the person doing it than it says about the victim.
Agreed 100% there is no place in society for discriminating against people with disabilities, of which incontinence is a disability. I don't like discrimination or bullying of people on any grounds. It's just so wrong and should not be tolerated ever! 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗:giggle:(y)