Waterproof Bedding: Duvet Covers?

FudgedInLuvs

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Other
Good morning fellow IC and ABDL friends!

I am in the process of upgrading some everyday life essentials, my bed being the primary focus as I work off of it during the week and obviously sleep in it every night. One thing I am looking into is a weighted quilt because I need that feeling of compression; I was in a relationship for quite some time and I just miss the sensation of someone, compression works. I have read that they are very difficult to wash and conventional washer/dryers should not be used. I have seen duvet covers recommended as a means of not having to wash the actual weighted blanket/quilt itself as you just zip the cover over it and unzip to wash the cover. However, consideration must be given to my night time accidents, where, let's face it, there's always a chance for leaks, some nights you may not wear and end up soaking the bed through and through, my old quilt has been drenched on occasion. I am curious as to where I might be able to find a waterproof duvet cover, preferably something that is NOT white, I hate white bedding. I have seen some fun bedding sets on Amazon (think, like high -school/undergrad fun, not just a solid color) but nothing is listed as waterproof.

IcyBlue

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
  4. Carer
I've seen a PUL on cotton microfibre film cover a long time ago in KS with pillow case too. It was an in between layer for protecting the pillow and duvet itself. They were white so they probably stained but they were rarely seen and washable.
Maybe commission a seamstress to make one? Its not suspicious if you say you want to keep sweat off your duvet in summer 😸
Personally I’d go with PUL and a polyester/cotton blend.

Rita

Padded Rita
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Yes a water proof bed cover is very essential !!!

TeddyUrsadorable

Living Plushie
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Incontinent
Do bear in mind, that waterproof covers don't breathe, and will make you sweat even more. Nothing worse than waking up in the middle of the night swimming in your bedding from sweat.

slimjiminy

Diabetes, type-2
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
TeddyUrsadorable said:
Do bear in mind, that waterproof covers don't breathe, and will make you sweat even more. Nothing worse than waking up in the middle of the night swimming in your bedding from sweat.
1670436608582.pngThis is very true. As part of my nerve damage from diabetes, it isn't unusual for me to sweat like a pig overnight from time to time. I just use a underpad placed under the middle of the bed, underneath the bedsheet (mine was from Walmart). These are washable, though inexpensive enough that you can replace them when necessary. You do need to check it from time to time because it will move somewhat depending upon your sleeping habits. It may not be suitable for everyone.