Not open for further replies.

zackiepooh1992

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
I was wondering could i wash them was hand soap and hot water? Then i was gonna let them air dry

BlueGrey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
What I like to do is had wash them when they are new in warm soapy water. When they have been wet, I wash them in the shower with some bar soap. Then occasionally run them through a machine wash with other delicates, set on warm wash, warm rinse. Keeps the odor level from building up. Machines do cut down the durability though.

Cottontail

Sailing, sailing, ...
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
I usually just machine-wash my pull-on vinyl pants right along with my cloth diapers. When they come out of the wash, I do my best to shake off any residual water droplets and that's it! I guess I'm pretty lazy, but my last pair lasted me almost two years, and hey! My time's worth something.

egor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I usually just machine-wash my pull-on vinyl pants right along with my cloth diapers. When they come out of the wash, I do my best to shake off any residual water droplets and that's it! I guess I'm pretty lazy, but my last pair lasted me almost two years, and hey! My time's worth something.

This is the same thing I do. I pull them out of the load before the drier and hang them up.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the same thing I do. I pull them out of the load before the drier and hang them up.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I went on line to research your question, but a number of weeks ago. One suggestion I saw from a manufacturer was to do exactly that, hand wash them using liquid hand soap, thoroughly rinse them in warm, not hot water, and hang to dry.

foxkits

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
I went on line to research your question, but a number of weeks ago. One suggestion I saw from a manufacturer was to do exactly that, hand wash them using liquid hand soap, thoroughly rinse them in warm, not hot water, and hang to dry.
I like using baby shampoo hand wash towel dry then hang up .
Nothing harsh soap wise then has nice baby sent.

foxkits

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
Thanks, Ringer. Seems like you are damned if you do and damned if you don't. Skin oil will stiffen the material and soap will leach out the plasticizers.
Yes that's why I have the 7 mill plastic pants .
Mine lasted 3years taken care of gentle soap is the key.

Kenn

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Mine are 6 mils and are holding up okay (no tears), except that they are stiff and very crinkly.

chuck

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I put mine in a separate pail and wash them on delicate cycle in machine when I have about 10 of them. Then I put them in the dryer with 3 towels on low for 15 minutes.

JOCKMAN

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Well after 2 years of hand washing my new PULs in the shower and then hanging to dry I made a mistake of re-packing on a recent business trip and my plastic underpants were a bit damp still. Inside the plastic bag I keep them tpyically they have some mildew now and I am hoping to re-wash in the shower and dry in a slightly warm dryer to see if this takes care of the slight odor. Patience with air-drying is a must!

Spaz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I wash mine with my regular clothes after using them 3 to 5 times. Then air dry. Plastic pants will deteriorate no matter what you do. I cycle through 2 or 3 at a time until they get so stiff they break or become uncomfortable, usually 5 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.