Was there one accident that was the last straw, that led you to wearing diapers?

cantwait

Life is full of surprises.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
A couple of years ago my IBS became so unpredictable that I messed myself on the way to work. This led me to finally talking to my doctor, and eventually led me to wearing diapers whenever I leave the house. I’ve had many other accidents, but this was the last straw when I realized I cannot control myself.

Reactions: richieboy, legojoker88, littlefun and 6 others

slimjiminy

Diabetes, type-2
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
My first IBS-d event occurred at lunchtime at work. Thankfully, everyone was either working at their desk or out for lunch already, so no one noticed my distress. That happened before I realized that I was becoming IC.

Several months later, when shopping with my 80 yr old relative, I was standing in the lineup for the checkout. It was at that point, to my horror, I was very close to peeing my pants. All my life I had been able to put off the bathroom visit until I got home or to a washroom. But on this occasion, I realized that if I had even a smidgen less resolve, I would have left a puddle there on the floor. That scared me (you could also say that it scarred me!) Long story short, I eventually started wearing pull-ups when I went shopping after that. This was after a test for infection and prognosis from doctor (diabetes nerve damage).

Then several months later, when the overnight problems started, I gave in to briefs and plastic pants. Now I often wear cheap cloth-backed briefs for accident prevention during the day to save money on the pull-ups. Even so, during the day I use the toilet unless it is occupied when I really need it.

Last edited:
Reactions: littlefun, Diprs2 and jonny77

dltyty

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Yes! But sadly, for only 1 week of my life... If I was smarter, I could have and should have made it longer...

Reactions: cantwait

cantwait

Life is full of surprises.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
slimjiminy said:
My first IBS-d event occurred at lunchtime at work. Thankfully, everyone was either working at their desk or out for lunch already, so no one noticed my distress. That happened before I realized that I was becoming IC.

Several months later, when shopping with my 80 yr old relative, I was standing in the lineup for the checkout. It was at that point, to my horror, I was very close to peeing my pants. All my life I had been able to put off the bathroom visit until I got home or to a washroom. But on this occasion, I realized that if I had even a smidgen less resolve, I would have left a puddle there on the floor. That scared me (you could also say that it scarred me!) Long story short, I eventually started wearing pull-ups when I went shopping after that. This was after a test for infection and prognosis from doctor (diabetes nerve damage).

Then several months later, when the overnight problems started, I gave in to briefs and plastic pants. Now I often wear cheap cloth-backed briefs for accident prevention during the day to save money on the pull-ups. Even so, during the day I use the toilet unless it is occupied when I really need it.
Wow, thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Angelapinks

dlover

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have had some close calls, I am not incontinent but have stomach issues and one day coming back from picking up a Craigslist buy had to quickly drive to the nearest gas station to void the bowel that was such a close call I had to change my underwear and shirt as both did not escape the aftermath. I am pretty sure I have IBS but never diagnosed.

Reactions: Diprs2, jonny77, Angelapinks and 1 other person

OmiOMy

A padded elfin enby
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
Accidents on a rubber air mattress. I was literally waking up in a puddle. I finally decided "No" to that nonsense.

Reactions: jonny77, depends4me, Jorelaxed and 2 others

sport1

incontinent
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
cantwait said:
A couple of years ago my IBS became so unpredictable that I messed myself on the way to work. This led me to finally talking to my doctor, and eventually led me to wearing diapers whenever I leave the house. I’ve had many other accidents, but this was the last straw when I realized I cannot control myself.
I started having problems especially at night my wife found out and that was the last straw she bought diapers mattress cover and pee pad have been diapered for over 30yrs no funny business.

Reactions: diaperdude, jonny77, BuffedBaby and 3 others

iatec779

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
sport1 said:
I started having problems especially at night my wife found out and that was the last straw she bought diapers mattress cover and pee pad have been diapered for over 30yrs no funny business.
Omg same thing what happened to me only in the just the last few months

Reactions: Angelapinks

Wetshisbed

Incontinent and Enuretic
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I've slept in nappies and plastic pants and the bed has a plastic sheet and washable pad for the last 10 years

Reactions: chuck, diaperdude, jonny77 and 1 other person

Rita

Padded Rita
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Took me a few months that I founded out needed more absorbing diapers .
Them thin store brand wasn't doing it for me !!!

Reactions: Neroforte, Angelapinks, diaperdude and 1 other person

Babybear2006

Brandon p
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I actually have 2 time that was the last straw that I had to start wearing diapers again.
I was 9 and didn't wake up to my bedwetting alarm going off and just turned it off. My dad told me that I was going to be wearing diapers again. I had to carry my goodnites pullups around the store while she did her shopping.

I was in my early twenties and had been waking up to wet sheets every day and I told my mom about it and she told me to go back to get some adult diapers and a plastic sheet. She took me to the store and showed me the adult diapers and pullups and I got both to try and ended up preferring the depend diapers but I would wear the pullups during the day and in the evening after my shower since I did and do have some daytime accidents.

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192, Angelapinks and Diprs2

Jorelaxed

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Right after my back injury, I was wearing a sweatpant set, I felt i had to pee, I couldn't make it on time to the toilet and just ending up wetting myself.😡 My IBS has a mind of its own, comes and goes as it pleases.🙄

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2 and jonny77

BuffedBaby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I was an infrequent wearer for many years but one night a long time ago I wet the bed so bad that it ruined the mattress. Wife and I bought
a new memory foam mattress and I told her I thought it would be a good idea if I started wearing a diaper to bed every night. She wholeheartedly agreed to the point where she diapered me that night and I have been diapered every night since. Long trips (car or motorcycle) now call for a
pullup at the very least.

Reactions: Angelapinks, Diprs2, jonny77 and 2 others

Elhon

Baby
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Back when I was five I wet my pants while at the grocery store so that is what put me back in 24/7 diapers as a kid. As an adult, I was working (luckily from home) and I wet my pants with no notice for the first time in years. I have always wet the bed and have had accidents during the day my whole life but normally I can know when they will come and am in diapers for it. After that, though I just went back to being in diapers 24/7 and have not regretted it.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, Fleetwoodmac32192, jonny77 and 1 other person

PuffPuffPaci

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
I was at a crowded gay bar in Minneapolis. I've been going to the bathroom roughly every 30 minutes or so all night, and the people that I'm talking with definitely notice that I'm peeing a lot. I was smart enough to bring a change of clothes, because I know alcohol usually makes this issue worse. But this is a special event that I really don't want to miss, so here I am with my extra pants. At some point I had to wait my turn for the bathroom, got a little wet and just changed pants. I thought I was going to be all right after that. After all at this point I've been at the bar for about 3 hours, and this was the first time I ever had to wait my turn. There's literally eight one person bathrooms in this building. It was a fluke I assumed.

So I'm taking my wet clothes in a backpack out to my car to ditch them. And inexplicably, p just starts coming out of me. And my only spare clothes are super wet. I can't go back in the bar now. My night is over.

I realized then, I need to care for myself better because I'm messing up my life by not taking care of myself.

Reactions: Diprs2, Fleetwoodmac32192, jonny77 and 2 others

Jorelaxed

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Wet clothes are no fun at all, and especially out in public..😧

PuffPuffPaci

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
Jorelaxed said:
Wet clothes are no fun at all, and especially out in public..😧
I was so embarrassed.

Honestly, the next week I went to that bar, one of the fellas I had spent the other night talking with, approached me. And asked me, if I knew what Bambino's were. And I'm like, "Spanish speaking babies?" And he gave me like this smirk... And I realize he meant diapers. (Earlier context clues)He gave me one, and I went to the bathroom and put it on.

Reactions: Pino, Angelapinks, Diprs2 and 3 others

parcelboy2

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
At night it was about 5 years ago I woke up in mid flow , no nappy on been night nappied since
Day time was couldn’t get to toilet quick enough and just peed my pants also had many close calls
Been full nappied for just under a year and ain’t looked back

Reactions: Diprs2

Zeke

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
No one accident, but after having a seizure I found myself to be dual ic which necessitated diapers.

jonny77

Tykable lover
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
slimjiminy said:

I am diabetic as well and sometimes worry about actually becoming incontinent. I wear diapers when I can but have actually getting more comfortable almost depending on wearing them.