Was anyone a late potty train

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaich said:
I was out of nappies at 5 and back in them when I was 7 on my new step-mother's insistence. And it stayed that way til I was 16. School was awful.
I waqs lucky to have last wet at 13yrs high school would have been terrible.

I would be in and out of diapers during potty training until age 6. Growing up after that I would still have occasional accidents. I couldn't get back into diapers until after high school.

Last edited:
Late by some standards; I was like, 4.7 y/o by the time my mom potty-trained me?

Reactions: Tommy10, Rezzu, sport1 and 1 other person
For me it was around the age of 5/6. I still have memories of wearing diapers when I first started out with school. Some of my classmates still wore too, but we were definitely considered late bloomers.

Reactions: Rezzu and Weatheronthe8s
I was 2(.5) when I stopped having regular accidents but I occasionally had some, growing up. I think that's pretty common, though. I stopped and restarted bedwetting, between naturally and from S.S.R.I.s (lots of side effects but no benefit, for me!), many times. I didn't stop bedwetting until I was out of the house. 😅

Reactions: Weatheronthe8s and FishDL
Early start in training, late to finish. Had regular bed wetting til roughly 8.

Choo Choo! Imma potty train! :D

• Haha
Reactions: perlFerret, Rezzu, winterheart01 and 1 other person
I was not late to potty train. However, due to what I later learned was severe OAB caused by Tarlov Cysts on my S3 nerve roots, I was a frequent wetter in spite of my potty training. This seemed to be a hereditary condition as several of my relatives also had "quirky" bladders, so my parents didn't think much of my condition and I learned to simply put up with it. I grew up in the sixties and early seventies so there wasn't much in the way of diapers for bigger children and youth, so I just concealed my accidents as best I could. I have been dependent on some kind of protection for most of my life, and mostly diapered 24/7 since 2006. I'm grateful for the readily available high-end disposable diapers, boosters and plastic pants that I now use and only wish that they had come on the market sooner than they did.

I was potty trained by about 3. Like I have said in other post I had an accident while at the babysitter and was put in a diaper for the day. I also wet my pants in school in both 1st and 5th grade (7 and 11 years old) that I can remember. I also distinctly remembering pooping my pants in 2nd and 3rd grade (so 8 and 9 years old). Bedwetting was pretty constant until probably 7 and didn't fully stop until I was about 13-14.

Reactions: sport1
Wore training pants and plastic pants during the day all through school, cloth diapers and plastic pants for overnite (still do)

Last edited:
oreobaby89 said:
I was potty trained by about 3. Like I have said in other post I had an accident while at the babysitter and was put in a diaper for the day. I also wet my pants in school in both 1st and 5th grade (7 and 11 years old) that I can remember. I also distinctly remembering pooping my pants in 2nd and 3rd grade (so 8 and 9 years old). Bedwetting was pretty constant until probably 7 and didn't fully stop until I was about 13-14.
I even considered potty trained early could not always get the hang of it.Then later in life it hit again now no escape.

I was 5 before I was dry during the day.

My parents started potty training me at 3 years old, but I wet the bed all the way up til I was 14 years old, it restarted in my mid-20s, and gotten worse over the years... but not complaining.

Yes, i needed Diapers 24/7 until about 5-6 years old, though after that i continued to have bowel accidents accimpanied by bedwetting fairly often, probably until 8 or so, not that i have ever had full bowel control...

Started wetting the bed again at 14, was diagnosed with OAB at 19.

Laurincontinent2904 said:
Yes, i needed Diapers 24/7 until about 5-6 years old, though after that i continued to have bowel accidents accimpanied by bedwetting fairly often, probably until 8 or so, not that i have ever had full bowel control...

Started wetting the bed again at 14, was diagnosed with OAB at 19.
I started wetting again in my 50's so diapers iam in per my wife had last wet in youth at 13yr.

I was a sleep walker until about 10, and whenever I would sleepwalk, I would mark where I’d been by peeing. I peed in the hall at home once, and again in a hotel closet. Somebody would always tell me what I had done the next day. I never remembered. That time in the hallway at home, my sister said she asked what I was doing? I replied there was a hard spot on the floor and I was softening it. I did step in the wet spot in the carpet the next day and that’s when my sister told me what had happened.

Daytime trained at 4, night time accidents once in a while till 14 (1994), and restarted the occasional night time accidents about 7 years ago

I was late, like never, the closest I got was when I was 8, I was sent to a medical school/hospital place by the beach for 3 weeks they tried hard but never got far accept I got very constipated

Reactions: Rezzu
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back