Warmer weather in UK makes nappy and plastic pants wearing easier

Karoq

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Now that the weather is starting to get warmer I am able to get back to wearing cloth nappies and plastic pants more as they can be dried outside. Much prefer wearing washables at night for comfort, reliability and less chances of leaks when side or tummy sleeping. The energy price rises have meant my wife wasn’t happy with the extra washing and use of tumble drier so it’s been back to disposables most of the time.

Wearing cloth again the last few days has been so nice even though there’s more laundry.

Plastic pants hand washed and hung out ! Nappies in the wash !

Attachments

• DE9237F0-CBED-43C2-B2FD-084930FE42B2.jpeg
    DE9237F0-CBED-43C2-B2FD-084930FE42B2.jpeg
    138.1 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: warmfeeling, Napincolove, Forced and 2 others
Had pants out yesterday , got pocket nappy covers and 2 pants on line now and 2 terry nappies and 4 stuffers in the machine to go out later and will do an insert load tonight to go out tomorrow
Just like 45/48 years ago our washing line has my nappies and pants on

Back when I use to wear them warm weather did help soften plastic panties, but it was so much hotter wearing them . I did switch over to Pul material diaper cover nowand they last much longer .

Karoq said:
Now that the weather is starting to get warmer I am able to get back to wearing cloth nappies and plastic pants more as they can be dried outside. Much prefer wearing washables at night for comfort, reliability and less chances of leaks when side or tummy sleeping. The energy price rises have meant my wife wasn’t happy with the extra washing and use of tumble drier so it’s been back to disposables most of the time.

Wearing cloth again the last few days has been so nice even though there’s more laundry.

Plastic pants hand washed and hung out ! Nappies in the wash !

I assume you don’t have any close (And nosy) neighbours?

That picture is so perfect

Reactions: warmfeeling
I do my diaper laundry twice a week. Two tubs of cloth diapers each time I do my diaper laundry. I don't have clothesline, not sure anyone does around here anymore, but washers and dryers work fine. I'm a cloth diaper aholic so that't all I wear. They feel so great to go potty in and walk around in my wet diapers and rubber pants.

Reactions: warmfeeling
Forced said:
I assume you don’t have any close (And nosy) neighbours?
We have a side patio that acts a bit like a wind tunnel but which is quite secluded. In my previous house there was only fields behind us.

Deep down i am quite shy and cautious and would hate anyone to find out yet i occasionally have this feeling of naughtiness where I get a little thrill about putting my nappies and pants out on the line. As a child I grew up in the days where loads of house in our neighbourhood had washing lines full of nappies drying outside.

Reactions: Forced and warmfeeling
Mainly my Nappy laundry is done once every week and usually it is just placed on a clothes horse and dried inside the house as it is a fairly quick dry unless I have other things in with it as well.
On a really nice calm day I will place my Nappies outside for a quick turn round.
PUL pants never go outside as the risk of the wind taking them would be too great and embarrasing ssvwell as costly.
Our garden is very private with only one neighbour able to see what is in it, they are the souls of discretion anyway so no sweat about people seeing all my microfibre cloths which do not look like Nappies anyway-maybe we are just cleaning freaks 😁

Last edited:
BabyLouise said:
That picture is so perfect
How about this picture
IMG_1976.jpeg

Reactions: Napincolove
Back