Want to see a true baby diaper in adult sizes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dl1036

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Have you ever wondered if enough people wrote Pampers, Huggies, or Luvs if they'd make one of their baby diapers to adult specs? That would be better than budget incontinence products and at or above niche AB/DL diapers.

I wrote them today and heard this back from Pampers:

Thanks for reaching out to us here at Pampers. We so appreciate feedback from consumers like yourself on new ideas. While I can't guarantee anything, I will let my team know that you would like to see us make diapers that will fit adults.

Have a great day.

Andrea
Pampers Team

If interested/curious... write them and see. While I doubt they'd roll out with any adult products tomorrow, who knows with time.

dl1036 said:
Have you ever wondered if enough people wrote Pampers, Huggies, or Luvs if they'd make one of their baby diapers to adult specs? That would be better than budget incontinence products and at or above niche AB/DL diapers.

Thanks for reaching out to us here at Pampers. We so appreciate feedback from consumers like yourself on new ideas. While I can't guarantee anything, I will let my team know that you would like to see us make diapers that will fit adults.

Have a great day.

Andrea
Pampers Team

If interested/curious... write them and see. While I doubt they'd roll out with any adult products tomorrow, who knows with time.

There would need to be a million people writing in for this before it stood any chance of happening, and then it's not likely. Just give it up mate....

All their stuff has clothlike covers, so even in the extremely unlikely event they decided to help out some nice kinksters, it wouldn't be of any use to me.

If only I had a dollar for every ABDL who wanted adult size pampers....I could manufacture my own adult sized pampers.

it seems to me it would be very easy to recreate vintage Pampers, say, 1985. Those were the rectangular design that was pleated and just hot glued in the center. The bed protectors sold today are essentially just like that. 23 x 36" pretty standard. just make them thicker and then fold and attach at the center. done.

Those big companies have cost and quality reduced their adult incontinance products to death, I doubt they would be able to produce something you would be happy with.

better to tell ABU what you would like, I think you would have way more or a chance of them making it.

I wish people would stop bugging them about this, THIS IS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. There is plenty of diapers on the market for adults that are more than adequate. They've never had an interest, and they never will. The only possible chance is to have an Always brand diaper, which would most likely be thin, cloth backed, and cheap.

Why are you not satisfied with what is available today? You have so many different options available with prints and designs, you have plastic backed, cloth backed. You have single tape, and two tape options. You have all the necessary features in diapers available that otherwise wouldn't be if something was done by P&G.

You have Bambino with 4 different diapers. You have ABU that has 6 options with a 7th on the way. You have Rearz with 10 or so options. Tykables, Barebum, Aww So Cute, DC, My Diaper, Cuddlz, Fabine, and a few more that I can't think of. There's even someone on eBay printing baby diaper designs on adult diapers.

What more do you want? You'll never have licensed characters from any kid's shows. Pampers will NEVER do something like this because, if it doesn't make millions in profit, sell in stores across the world, it'll never be considered.

The only thing you've done was have someone laugh behind a desk, and send a professional reply.

It's just reality.

omg I would love to have/see adult sized pampers but I would much prefer a bigger size drynights as I absolutely love those

You received a standard form letter with your customated concern added at the bottom. If you had said you wanted orange colored diapers, you would have gotten the exact same response.

When Huggies was protesting Snuggies's trademark application, their legal filings clearly explained their position on this matter. They feel absolutely certain that this hurts their brand.

Have you ever encountered the mommy-bloggers for actual babies? Could you imagine the sheer outrage that these products existed? There would be boycotts so fast your head would spin.

icklespace said:
omg I would love to have/see adult sized pampers but I would much prefer a bigger size drynights as I absolutely love those

Yeah absoletely really love drynites too. They fit me fine though.

Wish there was a drynites kind of pullup but thicker and hold ALOT more pee.... Adult pullups are horrible like old people granny pants type crap.

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
Why are you not satisfied with what is available today?

Ehhhh. I don't know if this is quite fair. I'll count myself among those who wish the ABDL diaper market offered something like modern Pampers, although I can't see how asking P&G to make such a thing is at all productive. Still, an increasing number of ABDLs grew up with cloth-backed, Velcro-taped, stretchy-winged diapers, and the ABDL diaper market hasn't quite produced anything like that. The ABDL diapers currently available are more like baby-ized adult diapers than they are adult-ized baby diapers, IMO.

...which is fine if your diaper preferences are static, and reflective more of what was offered by Pampers in the late 1980's or early 90's than what's been offered for the last 20 years. Lots of us are "retro" that way. On the other hand, for those born more recently, or for those whose preferences tend to evolve in lockstep with the current baby diaper market (like me), disappointment with the current lineup of ABDL diapers is quite understandable.

Of course, the challenge here is that ABDL diapers are generally made on machines that were built to make non-ABDL adult diapers, and so they're constrained somewhat in their ability to adopt features found mainly in modern baby diapers. I have to acknowledge the efforts made by ABU--sadly in reference to the now-discontinued cloth-backed Cushies--to break the retro mold a bit, but nobody's quite succeeded in breaking it all the way.

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
I wish people would stop bugging them about this, THIS IS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. There is plenty of diapers on the market for adults that are more than adequate. They've never had an interest, and they never will. The only possible chance is to have an Always brand diaper, which would most likely be thin, cloth backed, and cheap.

Why are you not satisfied with what is available today? You have so many different options available with prints and designs, you have plastic backed, cloth backed. You have single tape, and two tape options. You have all the necessary features in diapers available that otherwise wouldn't be if something was done by P&G.

You have Bambino with 4 different diapers. You have ABU that has 6 options with a 7th on the way. You have Rearz with 10 or so options. Tykables, Barebum, Aww So Cute, DC, My Diaper, Cuddlz, Fabine, and a few more that I can't think of. There's even someone on eBay printing baby diaper designs on adult diapers.

What more do you want? You'll never have licensed characters from any kid's shows. Pampers will NEVER do something like this because, if it doesn't make millions in profit, sell in stores across the world, it'll never be considered.

The only thing you've done was have someone laugh behind a desk, and send a professional reply.

It's just reality.

I don't blame people for wanting what they want. It's not uncommon for our desires to be disconnected from reality. The fact that ABDL diapers have so far exceeded my personal expectations of what could or would be available isn't material. They aren't satisfied yet and I understand that. My only suggestion would be to be realistic about what can be done and how it can be done. Contacting baby diaper manufacturers is silly. The ABDL diaper makers are aware this is a thing but don't have the capacity to do so yet. It is known and being worked toward but it will take time. I'll be glad when things like pullups or better baby diaper replicas are available even if I don't want them. For one, friends of mine will be happier, and for two I can stop having to read the same requests.

ArchtopK said:
it seems to me it would be very easy to recreate vintage Pampers, say, 1985. Those were the rectangular design that was pleated and just hot glued in the center. The bed protectors sold today are essentially just like that. 23 x 36" pretty standard. just make them thicker and then fold and attach at the center. done.

They make those. You can buy them here. http://www.adultdiaper.org/Attends-Brief-Confidence-Wingfold-Briefs-Diapers-23-to-36-Sterile-Large-Latex-free--Qty-BG-of-10-EA_p_4155.html

THey'd have me, I'd buy. That would be so nice, just what we need.

Also,

Doesn't Kimberly Clark own depends still?

I'm pretty sure they still do, and wouldn't be surprised that other baby diaper mfgs may own other adult brands...

They seem to feel that adult products and kids products should be completely different...and I don't blam them...

I very much doubt you'd get them to offer pampers size 22 :)

Now, contacting adult mfgs and asking for a absorbent pull-up would be much more likely to happen.

I don't feel that pampers gets mad over the contact, doubt beyond a customer service person it's been or will be read.

If every abdl on earth went to pampers and asked for adult product, the best I'd expect is that it get pushed out under a different brand...

My 0.02$

Have you tried Super Dry Kids (V2) ?
That is the most accurate replica of the old plastic Pampers (about 1994, Euro size 6) I have found.
1 tape on each side and the plastic shell feels almost exactly as the original (I have some so I compared)
Great elastics that hugs an adult body just right and prevents leaks.
Very absorbent gel that swells just like the original.

dl1036 said:

Have a great day.

Andrea
Pampers Team

I sincerely doubt this will ever progress into anything. As mentioned in previous posts, it's been tried before by hundreds if not thousands of other ABDLs.

I always fantasized about being a billionaire and secretly paying Pampers a million dollars to privately make adult pampers just for me XP

Pampers used to fit me but I spent a lot of time bulking and getting thick. Plus my butt got extra thick so I can't even stretch the sides around my bottom anymore. I think they're perfect for children and anyone skinny.

Otherwise, I stick to Crinklz and my custom made cloth diapers! C:

Well if someone has enough money they can have them custom made from the many manufacturers overseas. The main issue is that the minimum amount would be several thousand, so youd be looking at close to the 50-75 thousand dollar range after shipping.

Big stretch to find that "someone". And if they wanted it, they could just make it for themselves.

Unless the manufacturers issue a press release about expanding their range of adult diapers, I don't think contacting them would be a good use of our time.

There is 0% chance of Pampers making adult diapers like their baby ones, so many people have requested it and it's not gonna happen I'm afraid, there is a person who sells baby diapers attached to adult diapers on ebay, that's the closest you'll get

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back