Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyJohn

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I just got back for Walgreens and their brand diapers are on close out, I paid $2.08 for each bag of mediums and $2.62 for each bag of Xl. I also got 6 jumbo bags of Xl ( 28 per bag) for #3.62. Better head down there fast before they sell out. I bought all the ones my store had.

Role
  1. Private
I just got back for Walgreens and their brand diapers are on close out, I paid $2.08 for each bag of mediums and $2.62 for each bag of Xl. I also got 6 jumbo bags of Xl ( 28 per bag) for #3.62. Better head down there fast before they sell out. I bought all the ones my store had.

Even if their only purpose is stuffers, that's not bed. Heck, if you melted them all down and got all the petroleum products out, you'd likely break even. That's a brilliant price!

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Wow... that kinda sucks... are all the stores going away from actual diapers?

Milla

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Sissy
I was just at Walgreens today (picking up some Goodnites) and they were still normally priced. :\ Maybe it's just your locale.

Anon E. Mouse

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I think it's just the locale. I was just at mine a day or so ago, and no change in the prices.

barkd74

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Walgreens is in the process of changing their store profiles. This means the they are reducing the amount of products they carry by 15-20%. This has been going on for months and will continue for several more. You will see little orange clearance tags around the store, (mostly on the lowest performing products.) In stores with larger incontinence runs you may be down to 1 choice for "adult briefs" Stores with smaller runs, "briefs" will be eliminated. This sucks for us because "real" adult diapers will be harder to find. It's just a fact that most people who "need" protection go for the "pull-ups" over "briefs." Walgreens is not the only retailer who is doing this, there are others as well. The retail industry calls this "Customer Centric Retailing"

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
The retail industry calls this the largest recession in world history. Everyone is getting rid of items that don't sell well. It means less choice for all of us.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
The retail industry calls this the largest recession in world history. Everyone is getting rid of items that don't sell well. It means less choice for all of us.

Ugh, that sucks! It's great they were cheap, but that's not a good sign for the long run. I hope things change, and fast.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur

Not just retail, but economists. I wouldn't expect a full recovery until 2012.

Anon E. Mouse

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Heheh, surely they won't stop stocking Certainty "Fitted Briefs" amirite?

If it turns to just "underwear" I'm going to have to find a medical supply store...or order online.

yourhuggies

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
The Walgreens where I live did that two months ago, around the time Depends started selling their new undergarments. I got 3 bags of Depends and 2 large 40 count Walgreens briefs for under $15, it was AWESOME!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.