dreamer1988

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
  5. Carer
My experience is with BMs but those who wish to discuss urinary experiences are welcome to do so.

Having a BM work its way out while driving is hell. My IC issues are urge based so I feel that intense, overwhelming, burning urge to void even when my sphincter has already given in and relaxed because the pressure from my car's seat against my diaper, and vicariously against my anus prevents an evacuation.

Does anyone have advice on how to safely manage BMs that occur while driving?

It may help to tilt the back of the seat back a bit (if you can do it safely) to help take some pressure off. This usually helps if I have been driving long periods and my bladder starts to spasm but can release, and also seems to help for fecal issues as well.

Is your colon inflamed? I have ulcerative colitis, and while I very rarely have bowel incontinence, I do get that horrible, intense need to void RIGHT NOW when my colitis is flaring. The solution for me is to address the inflammation.

Other than that, about all I can do is commiserate. There are few things worse than that feeling of urgently needing to void and not being able to do so.

ltaluv said:
There are few things worse than that feeling of urgently needing to void and not being able to do so.

True, my bladder was completely numb after 24h catheterisation due to recovering from surgery, but when they pulled it out I could hardly void at all, the next day the urge was so intense I had to rush to ER to have it drained, I ended up having an overstretched bladder at the time and a hernia from having to push too hard to get a few drops out :s

Same as others describe, Though some days are fine and others not so much. The vibrations, bumps, and pressure can create a lot of discomfort. I've tried pushing back against the back rest with my legs to take pressure off of my bottom but, doesn't seem to help.

I end up finding a place to stop the car. If I don't it is definitely not fun and ensures being sore and more leaks (urge incon.) for the rest of the day.

If I’m ever having that issue while driving I usually wait for a red light and while there I lift my butt off the seat and usuallly whatever is causing me discomfort just comes out. If I’m on a road trip I usually pull over at the nearest exit to evacuate my bowels and change my diaper if I messed myself. But I never do it while the vehicle is in motion because I rather be in pain than cause a wreck!

Since last summer, I have been bladder and bowel incontinent from a ruptured disc in my lower back. I wet myself frequently while driving and occasionally poop myself while driving. Neither are by choice.

some times when I start to pee while driving it hurts unless I slight raise my bum to take the pressure off and I start to pee freely fortunately most times its not an issue Its all part of dealing with incontinence issues

Yeah, the seating position is restrictive whichever way you are trying to use your diaper... best option is to somehow lift yourself off the seat slightly, allow yourself to fill your nappy properly then sit back down.

I wet my diaper frequently while driving. especially after work, my diaper is wet but driving home, a half hour drive in normal traffic, I wil wet at least 2-3 times. By the time I arrive home I need a diaper change.

Edit: I posted the below not realizing this was the IC forum! I found the thread via search.

I had a 2 1/2 hr drive to Toronto and back today and I was excited because I got to be diapered all day!

I skipped the washroom on my way out of the building and filled up my water bottle :)

It didn’t take long for my bladder to tell me it’s full, but MAN I had a very difficult time releasing while driving .... I tried several methods... wasn’t easy! I can release when sitting at my work desk no problem, driving was almost impossible. 🤔

Last edited:
Unfortunately or Fortunately pee in any position gets easier over time as your body adapts, the only position I can think if I have never peed is upside down I guess bungie jumping is out for a different reason :)

Reactions: RedStripeLvr
I void much less frequently when driving than in almost any other situation. However, when I get out of the car and stand up, it’s often like opening a fire hose as I void uncontrollably.

Inconinmiss said:
I void much less frequently when driving than in almost any other situation. However, when I get out of the car and stand up, it’s often like opening a fire hose as I void uncontrollably.
I am very much the same way. As soon as I get out of my car, I immediately start to pee or poop. Whichever function wants out, it starts as soon as I stand up. I am bladder and bowel incontinent since last summer. I think that the position of sitting down somehow puts enough pressure on the plumbing to keep my waste in but once I stand up, all hell breaks loose in my diaper. I can understand why poop won't come out when sitting because it has no where to go, but pee is liquid and should flow freely no matter what position I am in. Either way, once I get to where I am going, I usually need a diaper change.

I am a new driver (permit, not fully licensed yet) and yesterday while I was driving I didn’t even realize I had gone. I guess all my focus was on what i was doing and when I went to get out of the car I realized I was wet. It concerned me a bit, as I usually realize right away when I’ve had an accident

I can often start driving and all of the sudden have a huge bm. Urinating is another issue. When I am driving, I can feel the need to pee really bad but am unable to wet my diaper. When I stop driving, it floods.

I pee uncontrollably in any situation and often wet my nappy while driving

I wet all the time when driving I did have a nasty bowel movement too, only once nice though

Back