• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

VLC Media Player vs Windows Media Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildThing121675

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Carer
I've noticed somethings, the audio is better on VLC than Windows MP. I have been using that since I've had to use earplug phones instead of my hearing aid cause it's not working right.

I swear, I am becoming a fan of VLC over Windows Media Player. Man, Bill Gates needs to get an idea that people like to adjust volume and shit and use a better program than what he does.

WildThing121675

LittleMonster

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
VLC wins over WMP hands down.
Windows Media Player just... sucks.
I find that a lot of freeware surpasses the software that comes with computer. I think it's comparable to mom-and-pop stores usually being better than places like Wal-Mart.

Siddy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
vlc is the best hands down. It plays almost anything you put in it were WMP can't.

Grutzvalt

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
I use GOM because it has so many ways to tweak things. If you need a player that will work with pretty much any codec, and do it reliably, MP is not the way to go. If you need something to work great every time, it's VLC or GOM.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Moved to Computers&games forum...cause it's about computer software.

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy, Other, Private
i use VLCplayer on my lappie :_) , mainly because it has a natively built in Last.FM subbitter, which is pretty nice, when you are on the move, and listening some MP3's

though, i use MPClassic:HC on my main PC, because its (at least for me) easier that way to hook my PC up to my TV, and watch Anime in a hi-resolution <3

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
I use MPClassic 95% of the time, except when I find a file it can't play, or I'm watching an anime with softsubs (which MPC doesn't support :()

But on the discussion of VLC vs. WMP?? VLC wins hands down. Built-in codecs, plays everything under the sun, AND runs on multiple OS's :)

element

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Eh, VLC's great for codec support, but the interface is terrible, disorganized, and there's so much feature creep and bloat that I really only use it if I have to.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
I've got VLC because it easily plays downloaded flash videos... that's about it.

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Eh, VLC's great for codec support, but the interface is terrible, disorganized, and there's so much feature creep and bloat that I really only use it if I have to.
I like the lay-out. In recent years it's improved. And there is a couple of features I use. Mostly the split screen so I can stretch a video across two screens (mostly for windows).

But I use allot of rescaling/changing the ratio to fit my screen and just easily know how to change audio track and subtitle track in VLC.

I use VLC for videos only. But I like winamp/Amarok on windows and linux respectively. I prefer winamp tbh, but amarok comes at a second best.

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
But I like winamp/Amarok on windows and linux respectively. I prefer winamp tbh, but amarok comes at a second best.
Winamp FTW! I've used it since I downloaded my first mp3 file like 12 years ago :D

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
I love VLC's codec support, and I use it to play my um.... Legally downloaded media and ...legally downloaded FLACs.

But, the library feature sucks... After a few days, it will just crash when songs are selected... So I have to re-import my VLC library folder.

I like it.

I used WMP once... I wanted to watch... I don't remember the format....
I had to download a plugin for videos. Then I had to download an addon for the codec support, then I had to download one for the AAC support, then another because the first AAC plugin didn't support 5.1 surround....

*sigh*

r0bino

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Combined Community Codec Pack

This.
Get it, it's way superior to VLC and WMP if you don't need portability. Subtitles (anime, anyone?) and video quality mostly suck with VLC, and the codecs in the cccp are kinda "the standard" for anime anyway. You really don't want to watch videos in matroska-containers with VLC if nice fonts were included.

Don't install it if you got a different codec pack installed, though, as this affects your system more than VLC. The experience when using cccp + mplayer classic is way better than with VLC, though (And I say this as a long-time VLC fanatic who just recently tried cccp)

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Hm, I'm pretty surprised and impressed that so many Windows users use (or hell, even know about) VLC or other open source media players. As an open source guy, that makes me happy :p. Although, I'm kind of surprised nobody else mentioned using mplayer. The only thing I don't like about mplayer, though, is its poor DVD menu nav (which is at least a step up from when it had no menu nav).

As for watching anime, you might get me to watch some with you if you play it using libcaca (try this sometime if you haven't) :p.

Jewbacca

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Combined Community Codec Pack

This.
Get it, it's way superior to VLC and WMP if you don't need portability. Subtitles (anime, anyone?) and video quality mostly suck with VLC, and the codecs in the cccp are kinda "the standard" for anime anyway. You really don't want to watch videos in matroska-containers with VLC if nice fonts were included.

Don't install it if you got a different codec pack installed, though, as this affects your system more than VLC. The experience when using cccp + mplayer classic is way better than with VLC, though (And I say this as a long-time VLC fanatic who just recently tried cccp)
The cccp is good, but I've found that GOM is much better than the CCCP in terms of video quality. For any form of video I use GOM. But for audio I use Winamp, and for my tuner I use KMPlayer. Although I might end up switching to KM for my video too.

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Incontinent
Between VLC and Mplayer, I can play anything I need to. I primarily use VLC though, mostly because its the first one that pops up under my "open with..." window.

Status
Not open for further replies.