Visiting other's houses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

miles

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Well, I've been fretting over this for the past day or so.
My Dad wants to have me and my sister come out to his house next weekend, which is great, but the problem is I started having bed wetting problems between the last time I was to his house and now, and I never told him.

I don't intend to tell him about it, nor do I want to, so I was wondering how others deal with bedwetting while staying at other people's houses.

I got some tips on IRC last night (be discreet, bring along some plastic bags to throw them out in, etc.) but it's always nice to get some more tips.

My main concern is when I throw them out, in the case that I did wet, I don't want the smell to fill the house, or even the garbage can for that matter.
I don't think I'd have any problem actually throwing them out.

Thanks in advance.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
If it's just for a weekend, then you could just keep them in your bag, and throw them out when you get home. They shouldn't get too bad if you put them in plastic bags and if it's only for a couple days.

miles

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
If it's just for a weekend, then you could just keep them in your bag, and throw them out when you get home. They shouldn't get too bad if you put them in plastic bags and if it's only for a couple days.
That's what I keep wondering.
Do plastic bags really contain the odor that well?
I find that kind of hard to believe, but if it works why not.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
They should keep it in well enough for a day or two. Unless someone is going to walk to your bag and smell it, you should be good. If you want to be safe, you could get one of those air fresheners for cars or something, and put it in you bag along with them.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
When I was younger and was on sleepovers I used to have similar worries about wetting the bed. My strategy was to stay up as late as possible (1-2am) and make an effort to go to the bathroom every time I woke up in the middle of the night - no matter what.

If you decide to use protection I agree with the previous poster that plastic bags are the way to go. If you double (or triple) bag them and keep them in your backpack no one should be able to smell them unless they look directly inside your pack.

Since both my parents work at home (and I have two brothers to boot) I am used to keeping used diapers in my closet for a day or two before I have the oppertunity to throw them out. I can say from first hand experience that these do not smell.

Technologic

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Besides just putting them in normal shopping bags bring a few gallon or what ever the largest size Zip Lock bag you can get and put your used ones in there then press out all the air you can from the bag and close it, that combined with normal shopping bags will work the best I believe.

Angusmac

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Private
Besides just putting them in normal shopping bags bring a few gallon or what ever the largest size Zip Lock bag you can get and put your used ones in there then press out all the air you can from the bag and close it, that combined with normal shopping bags will work the best I believe.
That's exactly what I was going to say... In fact, double zip lock back it frist, then put it in the plastic shopping bag. You should be good for at least 2 to 3 days with that setup.

-Gus

miles

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Thanks for the suggestions guys.
I'm going to bring along some Lysol as well, I just used to believe that ziplocks wouldn't work.

Last edited:

Ranger

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
Believe me, ziplock bags work wonders. I use them for my used (wet diapers) and I can barely detect a smell from them. Your best bet to dispose of a used diaper is to put it in a zip-lock bag (gllon size) and then in a non see-through bag. This will help with disposal either at your dad's place or yours.

babibear

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I'm going to bring along some Lysol as well, I just used to believe that ziplocks wouldn't work.
If I could make one additional suggestion on Lysol. Lysol makes a product called Neutra Air. Of all the room/storage freshening sprays I've tried it's the only one I have found to consistently erase bad odors, and I mean REALLY bad odors.

The other suggestions you've gotten on bagging are stellar and work great.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Unless you stay for more than two days, you shouldn't be worried about the smell from a properly sealed bag with your wet diaper in it. I assume you don't intend to mess your diaper.
In addition, I doubt anyone in your family is going to stick their nose deep into your bag and sniff around for any unusual odors. THat would be kind of creepy to begin with.
Besides, even if someone found out, you do have a legitimate reason to wear your diapers, and the person should be happy that you didn't ruin their bed instead.

Peachy

miles

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Thanks guys.
I don't feel quite as worried about it anymore.

mortega

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Yeah, like the others said, definitely go with the Ziploc bags. They work great. You could probably even have a messy diaper and have that last for a day or so.

miles

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
The ziplock bag seems to work here at my house, and I leave today.
I'll post the results on Sunday when I get back.

miles

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Well I lied. I'm going to post today.
Last night I put on a diaper after everyone went to sleep, and then went to sleep.
Thankfully I didn't wet the bed, but when I woke up, everyone else was up, so I had to keep it on for maybe 5 hours before getting a chance to remove it.
Other than that I got it off fine and found a place to keep it in my bag.
Thanks for the suggestions guys, it really did help.

Edit: Pretty much the same story for last night as well, except I was able to take off my diaper a lot earlier.
Thanks again for all the suggestions, I just hope this thread can help others out in the future as well.

Last edited:
Role
Incontinent
That's what I keep wondering.
Do plastic bags really contain the odor that well?
I find that kind of hard to believe, but if it works why not.
This is what I did when I'd stay at a friends house after I had become incontinent and was still using disposables at that time. If you place it inside a plastic bag, and wrap it up, then place it inside another one, and then again once more, it shouldn't smell bad. The more bags you use, the less the chance the smell gets out. I just use those plastic grocery bags for that too. Just tie the last one in a knot to make sure it stays shut.

Boyhood

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'm very surprised everyone mentioned zip-lock bags here, after I had a thread dedicated to concealing scent where not one person posted this. Yeah I found out that they work wonders by myself not long after... it's the truth, they do the best job. You can fit like the underjams/goodnites in the sandwich sized ones too!

JamesArmes

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur,
Another tip is to put baking soda in your bags to prevent smells too. I'm incontinent so I know first hand that it can be very taxing when it comes to smells. I'm new but I'm not new to this kind of thing by a long shot. read my profile and you'll understand why. any way hope this helps!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.