Virtual Reality Question

Would you do it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Would you leave this life indefinitely, to live in a virtual life, possibly populated by other people in the simulation, or AI? Would you spend the rest of your life there, especially if it extended your life span to MUCH longer than the normal range? A perfect world, or a world much like our own, but slightly different? (Perhaps a different period of human history.)

This goes along with wanting to live in a different time, I suppose, as I have read about on here a few times.

(Put this in Off Topic because of the effect it would have on your life, ETC. Move to C&G if mods so desire.)

[Another way to put it, although I was meaning somewhat of a life simulator, it could be some sort of gaming experience as well]

Last edited:

Verscha

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
That's a very interesting question. Who's to say that the 'reality' we live in now isn't false as well? :p

Oh, and by the way: there is no spoon.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Who's to say that the 'reality' we live in now isn't false as well?

I have thought about this and dismissed it as false, but it is possible.

Glitch in the system? Revert to the back up, who will remember, all that info is gone, we just went back X number of years. How do we know if history gets changed by time travel? We won't, it will have been changed before we learned about the older history.

Verscha

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I have thought about this and dismissed it as false, but it is possible.
The trouble is, a person has literally no evidence whatsoever proving or disproving if anything at all is real. Proof of x or evidence of y is of no value if they're defined by a reality that may possibly be itself false.

This stuff really hurts my brain.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
If it was populated by beings with only AI it would be an awfully lonely place.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
The trouble is, a person has literally no evidence whatsoever proving or disproving if anything at all is real. Proof of x or evidence of y is of no value if they're defined by a reality that may possibly be itself false.

Yeah, that's why I said I think/thought that it is false/unlikely but possible.

Jewbacca

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Verscha's first post greatly reminded me of this movie. Which I think about covers your topic, Mr. Alex.

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other

Mr. Alex im afraid you're going to have to come with me.

On a serious note if i could gain extra abilities in that world and it was pretty close to the real yeah i might go into it.

kevintje

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
immagine all the fun of a virtual enviroment where you can actually go to... if something isn't working out, just reprogram it!

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
  5. Other
Yeah, probably, if everybody did it (expect a few people who take care of our bodies).

I mean, if you live longer, it would be great. Plus you could make a perfect world, no murder or anything...

But then, in a virtual world everything would be recorded, and you'd have no privacy whatsoever!

Plus I value reality a bit too much...

So actually no, I wouldn't.

BromeTeks

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
Well, I'm already very detached from reality on my own, so I probably wouldn't notice a difference. Of course, if this virtual reality were hooked up to the real reality's internet, Then I could still do all of the thigs I would want to do in this life (like become an AI engineer).

So, I would totally go for it.

miles

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Honestly, I would.
If I could be in a dream 24/7, I would as well.

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
it would be interesting for sure. i'd try it out. especiallly if you could change your age...i wouldnt mind living the life on an infant for a little while.

on a complety serious note, i have a lot of friends that spend more time playing World of Warcraft than anything else. If you think about it, this is pretty much the same thing as living in a virtual reality world filled with other people.

MMORPG'S 10 years from now are going to be so epic.

Last edited by a moderator:

DLGrif

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
I would only leave this world for VR life on three conditions:

(1) The simulation would begin at the precise moment I turn it on, and take a snapshot of the entire universe.

(2) The physics engine would be perfect, so that, in the same way an object retains its inertia as long as no outside force intervenes, the simulation and the real world would be exactly the same as time goes by.

(3) I, as the user, would have full control over the simulation's parameters and my own abilities.

In short, I would not be happy with leaving the world for a fantasy. I am so familiar with the things here, I would likely go into culture shock if I could not come back to reality, but if the simulation was perfect, I would not have too big a problem. Sure, I would make a lot of people in real life sad, but in the new world it would be as if I hadn't been absent.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
This thread is getting less responses than I would prefer to have, if I have any extra time between exams and Fallout 3 I'll make sure I edit or post a new post that explains my thoughts.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Think about it this way, you could LIVE, as an AB/DL for as long or as short as you wanted to. All of those dreams you have had, or all of those dreams that have come true, those could be your real life. Your Virtual Life could become so good that you may not even desire to live in reality. In the future this may be possible, low cost of energy, put into a low level of bodily activity, living longer, greatness. Pure bliss.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
For me, I voted no because I like the material world. Sure there would be no pain or discomfort in VR, but doesn't that unpleasant stuff build character?

However, I would like a VR that would be *semi-permanent* with the ability to switch back to RL. RL being so sucky in the first place is what would make VR so special, and without it the VR world would be just 'normal.' Now, if I did have my own VR, the reality would be sci-fi in nature, probably based off a series like Star Wars or Star Trek, and I could explore that universe in detail.

One major requirement would be that time is accelerated in the VR, which would be possible if we could download our consciousness directly into the machine so that the super-accelerated processor time would give us a longer time than is possible in RL. That way we could spend days in the 'game' and in RL it would only be a few minutes at most.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
You could have pain in VR, if you so desired. I suppose it would depend on the type of VR. The game being played, realistic, or fantasy.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
This was a tough choice, but once I laid out the question into fragments and considered them individually it was an easy decision.

Population by people, or by AI? Clearly, population by AI is an obvious no - the quirks of a complete human being I believe to be nearly impossible to program into an AI, making the experience incomplete. By other people then that can lead to the sort of friendships and experiences I want, however...

I would want to assume the most perfect VR simulation I can, and in doing so I would merely end up creating an alternate reality for myself that would stop being alternate and become actual reality, at which point the entire object of escaping to a VR world becomes moot. As much as I sometimes desire to fly away into my dreams to escape reality and embrace their abstract comfort, their appeal is just that - their abstractness, which is something I don't think any program could come close to. Besides that, living in a singular, literal game world (not referring to the VR) or anime/cartoon show would become boring after a while.

I also want to say here, if I did happen to choose yes and succumb to the VR machine, then I would undoubtedly choose a version of myself that was not interested in diapers in the least. As much as I like some of the community and experiences I've had, I could never see myself being happy wearing full time. There's just so much else that could be done instead of posting about diapers on a diaper website forum... y'know?

Status
Not open for further replies.