VIPs being... stripped down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent, Carer
I've noticed long standing and qualified VIP's being dethroned lately? what is this due to?

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Pure jack-assery?

I dunno. I havn't been here for a while. Did this place turn into a dictatorship while I was gone?

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
It is no longer based just on rep. Moo has to promote you now,its not automatic.

Personally i think its more of a backside kissing contest now, but that's just my personal opinion.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
It is no longer based just on rep. Moo has to promote you now,its not automatic.

Personally i think its more of a backside kissing contest now but that my personal opion.
Haha, f*cking right.

Happy Lurker said:
Pure jack-assery?

I dunno. I havn't been here for a while. Did this place turn into a dictatorship while I was gone?
I used the exact same term when I heard about it.

I think it started with some people annoying Moo, so I think he used 'new requirements' as a pretext to remove VIP status to people he doesn't like. But that's just me.

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
I think it started with some people annoying Moo, so I think he used 'new requirements' as a pretext to remove VIP status to people he doesn't like. But that's just me.
well it is his site, he can run it how he wants....that being said i feel the same way.

I thought moo was just re arranging the requirements until he refused to tell us what the requirements skirting them off as a secret. Then people who have seemed to fall into less than pleasurable stance with moo lost vip. But like i usually conclude a post like this with, this comes from the outside looking in, so what do i know?

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Well I've never attempted to suck up to Moo...I thought I got VIP by finally getting 10+ rep...

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
You're right, it's his site, but he could at least respect his website's members by telling the "requirements" that he doesn't want to talk about... I couldn't care less about losing my VIP status (as long as I have my user title >D) but I want to have the confirmation of what's going on. He tells absolutely EVERYTHING he's doing on the website (sometimes after he does it, but at least he tells us about it) but he keeps his mouth shut whenever I ask him about that topic.

Pojo: You got VIP status because you didn't cause any trouble by going against a decision, flaming, whatever, plus you gave Moo his avatar and you like cows. That's enough to get a VIP status from Moo. At least that's how I feel. :p

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Well I have also never done anything to suck up to Moo, yet I still have VIP status. I have no desire to suck up to Moo.

I honestly don't see why you think it's a kissass contest. I'm sure Moo has his reasons, and if he wants to keep them private then we should have no problem with that.

With as long as this site has been on the net, I'm sure if the Mods and Moo played favorites, it would have died out a long time ago, and we would have noticed right from the beginning. I don't even see how he would have time. With as much as he does for the site, and I'm sure he has a personal site, where in the hell would he find the time to say "Hm.. I like you, don't like you..." etc...

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
as i said it's my personal opinion and i am entitled to it. I also said they're many thing i probably don't know.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
He asked to use one of my cow pictures as an avatar...I didn't try to suck up to him...It's just a coincidence we both like cows...

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
Woah woah, them fightin' words here on my block! o.o

Honestly, it doesn't bother me. to me, VIP, Regular, Newbie... it's all the same. It's not like you suck up to a king and you become a prince... and it's not like you are better than everyone else just because you are a prince and the guy next to you is a peasant (sorry, exams all day today xD).

VIP, no-VIP, no biggie in my eyes.

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
i think moo could set a lot of minds at ease by clarifying that this isn't a way of specifically taking VIP status away from certain people that he doesn't like. if that is indeed the case. because i'll admit that it does sort of seem that way....

i'm kind of unsure about the whole idea of "secret" qualifications to be a VIP. it sort of robs VIP status of all its meaning if nobody knows what you have to do to achieve it. it becomes just a different group of people, rather than something to strive for. for all we know, one of the qualifications for VIP status could be having a username that beings with the letters b, c, or s.

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent, Carer
Its not that big of a deal to me, but we are now advertising this site.. which I am not a fan of at all.
The more members we bring in, the colder this place will be... I don't like it one bit.
i don't like users having status changes and not told why.... its not democratic... or right...
Kind of reminds me of Salem...

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer

Personally i think its more of a backside kissing contest now, but that's just my personal opinion.
Really? Cool! I hardly even talk to Moo, so he must just really, really like me.

Role
Private
i'm kind of unsure about the whole idea of "secret" qualifications to be a VIP. it sort of robs VIP status of all its meaning if nobody knows what you have to do to achieve it. it becomes just a different group of people, rather than something to strive for. for all we know, one of the qualifications for VIP status could be having a username that beings with the letters b, c, or s.
Within that context, having different status levels seems rather pointless then. Of course, there's no point in proclaiming something if you have no idea how you achieved it. I would like to know what the secret requirements are, but only purely for the fact that having any sort of status here is meaningless without knowing what you've contributed. That spans off to other people who seemingly appear to have "better" statistics, but are of a lower status.

But don't get me wrong, I can see and understand why it is kept a secret. Being no longer based solely on reputation, I'm assuming it has to do with other contributions to the site, like posts, wiki edits, blogs, gallery uploads, time spent on here, etc... Of all the things this site has to offer, those are the easiest things to build up. And just in the case that my assumption here is correct, then we'd have people who'd come here and just post a lot of stupid crap, upload terrible photos, make small and useless wiki edits or just start some awful blog. Provided they get a bit of positive rep along the way, then they'll hit VIP sooner than someone who actually contributes quality stuff.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Lukie, your idea seems plausible except for that I know DarkSunDS basically lives on here :p (okay, maybe I'm exaggerating, but he is averaging like 9 posts per day which is larger than many who didn't lose VIP status). So, I have my doubts that it's a numeric formula based on site activity.

for all we know, one of the qualifications for VIP status could be having a username that beings with the letters b, c, or s.
Score!

Now, on a serious note: It's Moo's site and he can run it how he likes. Unless something big has changed since the old site, there's not really much difference being a VIP vs Regular anyway.

That said, I'm not really a fan of keeping it a secret either. It's like the stonemasons. There's probably nothing that strange going on with them, but because they are so secretive everyone suspects all sorts of bizarre things. I personally think it's in the site's best interest be forthright and clear about requirements / policies, even if it's "VIP - Status assigned to trusted members by webmaster." :twocents:

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Its not that big of a deal to me, but we are now advertising this site.. which I am not a fan of at all.
The more members we bring in, the colder this place will be... I don't like it one bit.
i don't like users having status changes and not told why.... its not democratic... or right...
Kind of reminds me of Salem...
Only that people aren't dying? Or we could just compare it to the Holocaust.

Personally, I think that if anyone is stripped of their V.I.P status, they need to check themselves quickly and see what they might have done to lose their place. It's not like V.I.P. status is so important anyway -- as long as you contribute, you're an important and outstanding member of this forum. It's those who experience drastic changes that need to realize why that drastic change was made. Hint: It's probably because you made yourself look like a dumbass.

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
Well, I'm not sure how to feel on this one. On one hand, the whole thing seems incredibly biased, on the other there aren't enough "requirements" to become a VIP - and that's most of the site's problems. There aren't enough requirements to become a VIP.

There are a lot of VIPs that I've never talked to, when I see them post I feel somehow inadequate - unless they only sucked up to people to gain that much reputation in the first place. I don't care how large the numbers in their postbit are, if I don't agree with something, I'll make that loud and clear. As for sucking up to people, I don't.

Now, getting back on to the topic. It seems to me that some people are missing a huge point as to exactly why people become VIPs so fast - they make quality contributions, and people see that and agree.

Now here's the way I judge VIPs. Their reputation number - how long have they been here and how much have they contributed to gain that number? If I see someone with 30 points but ten million posts, my first thought is "Whatever, you've made enough posts, yeah?".
However, if I see someone who has been here for a long time, but hasn't made as many contributions, but has a comparable reputation, my thought turns to "I see potential here."

That's my bit.

Footed P.J.

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
There you go. Post to rep ratio. I have said this before, I think, but there are folks on here with too much rep, and folks more deserving of more than they have. I admit I get lazy about repping folks, and usually it seems to be in the negative. I need to be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.