VIP title lost due to inactivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremiah

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I am curious if it would be possible to have the server remember the previous user-set VIP title when a member returns to VIP status after a period of inactivity?

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Yes, It's a little annoying It only happened to me once though. But I think it's more hassle than what's its worth to fix unless the admins know where the line is to edit and how off the top of their heads.

My guess is that when you go up or down "ranks" there are various scripts that do wondrous things in the database. But I don't know how it's all set up to be honest.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I have been downgraded more than once for inactivity; but a quick re-intro in intro thread has me back in proper form by the next day. While I think it would be more convenient for inactivity-periods to vary according to status I don't know if the problem is common enough to alter the present system. Chances are that it is more efficient to handle related problems through requests forum, or just to have inactivated people reintroduce themselves.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I have been downgraded more than once for inactivity; but a quick re-intro in intro thread has me back in proper form by the next day.

I believe he means the title under your username, not the VIP level itself

Jeremiah

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I believe he means the title under your username, not the VIP level itself
Poijo, you are correct. The status is easy enough to regain by just posting in one of the forums. Retyping the personal title again is what I am inquiring about.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
In that case you have a point, since when I was devalued, wait, no no, I meant reassigned, no that's not right either, reincorporated?, no, - reconstituted... (almost there) - reinstated (close enough) - my avatar was per usual.

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
In that case you have a point, since when I was devalued, wait, no no, I meant reassigned, no that's not right either, reincorporated?, no, - reconstituted... (almost there) - reinstated (close enough) - my avatar was per usual.

Under name, above avatar.

Yours currently says VIP. This is the matter up for discussion.

Ben

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
Not getting downgraded for not posting is the main thing i miss from being a mod...

Maybe I should try to bribe moo into making a former mod category that doesn't get downgraded heh.

(BTW i'm not serious in case anyone gets the wrong impression)

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
i think the whole loss-of-status thing is a crock of shit, frankly. the message it sends people is "post! post! even if you have nothing meaningful to contribute! we don't care about quality of content here at ADISC, we just want you posting like a hyperactive monkey because if you're not an active contributor to the site then we HATE YOU HATE YOU HATE YOU!!"

...which doesn't exactly give our forum a warm, welcoming vibe. =/

Role
  1. Private
i think the whole loss-of-status thing is a crock of shit, frankly. the message it sends people is "post! post! even if you have nothing meaningful to contribute! we don't care about quality of content here at ADISC, we just want you posting like a hyperactive monkey because if you're not an active contributor to the site then we HATE YOU HATE YOU HATE YOU!!"

...which doesn't exactly give our forum a warm, welcoming vibe. =/

I thought all you had to do was sign into your account every few days to get your status. Well at least I haven't seen anyone who's hung around but hasn't posted be demoted.

T00L

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
It happened to me I'm always on here reading but I only post when I have something interesting to say. So if I don't post for a week I get demoted.

Jeremiah

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I thought all you had to do was sign into your account every few days to get your status. Well at least I haven't seen anyone who's hung around but hasn't posted be demoted.
Lately, my time here has been less than normal for me. I log in and check the boards at least every other day. Some weekends, I went over 3 days. As soon as I go over a week without posting, the system demotes me regardless of when I last visited.

WoXxY

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Incontinent
On a similar note, I cannot visit the regulars forum because "long time no see".. Now I'm back to 'Newbie' status. Le Sigh.

I posted 1 week ago.

The short time span I think is a bit rediculous.

WoXxY

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Incontinent
That, I was unaware of. Yay?

covvie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
It happened to me I'm always on here reading but I only post when I have something interesting to say. So if I don't post for a week I get demoted.

Ditto, except I go will occasionally go a week or so between logins to read messages due to various RL issues.

avery said:
"post! post! even if you have nothing meaningful to contribute! we don't care about quality of content here at ADISC, we just want you posting like a hyperactive monkey because if you're not an active contributor to the site then we HATE YOU HATE YOU HATE YOU!!"

That's not quite what I thought when I saw the posting requirement, but mighty close. It simply sends the message to the community to post anything at all, regardless of how inane, or you lose access. Not very inviting for users who don't want to just randomly post when it doesn't add any value.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
wow... I haven't posted in 2 weeks and I was warned that I lost privileges with the site?

Status
Not open for further replies.