Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Must be active,
Registered for 45 days,
500 posts,
20 reps,
and maybe a few donates.
I don't think that it's really fair to make donations a part of getting to be a VIP, since this is a teen forum and lots of people here probably can't donate, even if they wanted to.

I guess making VIPs need only 5 rep might be useful because then people will be able to read usernotes (That's assuming that usernotes are set to VIPs only now... I've not posted any proper usernotes because I have no idea who can read them).

Still maybe it's better to leave it 10...

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
Regulars-only and VIPs-only forums/galleries have been created.

Enjoy.

On another note : I've said it before and I'll say it again : donors status and VIP status have nothing to do with each other.

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Incontinent
Personally, I didn't care much for the whole VIP thing. It causes people to race to get there, with posts that are either irrelevent to the current topic, or just plain silly.. It also tends to make peopel with loewer Rep points feel disassociated with the other high rep members. What if we keep the Rep system, but do away with the VIP thing altogether? I like being able to have a custom user title, and I think it would be better to let any Regular have that option, as I've seen done on so many other forum sites. Because, as I can see, that is the only real reason to becoem a VIP in thefirst place.

Keep in mind that I woke up sick today, so I may not be thinking clearly..

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
That's what it was about bein' a VIP I liked! The custom user title! I knew there was something missing 'cause I don't think I spent any more time in the VIP section of the forum than in any other (probably less, actually).

I agree with whomever it was who said that there should be more parameters to becoming a VIP than just rep.
Perhaps:
  • 10 rep
  • a time frame for members to have been active (45 days seems appropriate)
  • a set # of posts (I think 500 is a bit excessive tho') maybe 100 (with it being optional to remove a person's VIP status if they achieve 100 posts by spamming or excessive nonsense posts, at mod discretion)
  • blog activity
  • wiki activity

I don't think making donations a prerequisite to becoming a VIP is a good idea, as someone pointed out a large number of people are (or at least claim to be) under 16 and thus would have difficulty donating to the site.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I think the previously agreed-upon requirements are totally cool, but I don't necessarily agree with needing to have any submissions or work on the wiki to become a V.I.P.

Sometimes, what you want to say has already been said: the tip you want to offer has already been printed; the idea has already been utilized; the points have already been expressed. That, and there are those (such as myself) who don't have an interest in updating Wikis, or even the knowledge or desire to know how. Maybe I'm the only one who shares those feelings, but being that the wiki is (at least in my view) a side-note to the information offered on the forum, forum contribution should be held in higher regard.

Otherwise, the 10 rep and all of the previous decisions are still good for me!

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Personally, I didn't care much for the whole VIP thing. It causes people to race to get there, with posts that are either irrelevent to the current topic, or just plain silly.. It also tends to make peopel with loewer Rep points feel disassociated with the other high rep members. What if we keep the Rep system, but do away with the VIP thing altogether? I like being able to have a custom user title, and I think it would be better to let any Regular have that option, as I've seen done on so many other forum sites. Because, as I can see, that is the only real reason to becoem a VIP in thefirst place.
Having VIPs is pretty important, IMO, because there are some things that I might post that I'd only want people I can trust to read. Or some pictures that I wouldn't want a regular member to see. And most importantly user notes, who members must not be able to see, but trusted VIPs can see.
And it gives newbies motivation to post and contribute.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I don't agree with the donations but with the time and posts (to a certain degree) I can agree.

Amount of posts shouldn't be too high but enough so that you are able to know a person. 100 sounds about right. Some people just don't blog well though and I don't think that should be a requirement. Same goes for wiki. And I don't even think you can use those things in the requirements (well maybe blog as it's an official vB plugin.)

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Incontinent
Having VIPs is pretty important, IMO, because there are some things that I might post that I'd only want people I can trust to read. Or some pictures that I wouldn't want a regular member to see. And most importantly user notes, who members must not be able to see, but trusted VIPs can see.
And it gives newbies motivation to post and contribute.
I didn't think about that- good point. The VIPS need a place to gossip about members after all..

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I too, think keeping it at 10 first off is the best thing, pretty much for all the reasons that have been stated to support that idea. People will get there eventually.

Now I know it is not a race but I feel it may take me quiet awhile to get such amount of 10 reps to be eligible. As on the last TBDL site, many of the well established, 'power-repped' members were able to give me 2 or 3 points per comment. But since the sytsem has been reset, to my knowledge we can only add or take one point at a time. Meaning that it will take longer for myself to produce more decent posts to make people click the 1up button.

Myself and others have made a few contributions to the wiki, and just other members that have made blogs (but I have not really read any of them). Which some people may think that the effort that someone has put in or just overall is impressed with the content that they wish to give them a 1up Rep point. But so far I have seen no means to do so. Whether there is a direct button next to their name on the article edit page, Or blog post page. We could just look out for a random post of the forum, but that is not the way to do it as the rep comment is linked and has a reference to their post that they were repped for.

So making the Rep system a little more useful for myself and other active members would be to find a way to implement the Rep system into the wiki system. As several users have posted that checking the Users Wiki and blog contributions will be considered to thinking of putting a member to VIP status, even though that no member needs to contribute to these areas on the site. As its the image as a whole a member has made for themselves to the other members of ADISC.

F

FullMetal

I feel bad for the first VIP....all alone. We don't have one yet but soon. lol hes gana have great topics of conversation :D

FullMetal

Role
Diaper Lover
I don't care for rep that much, I posted a few posts, that I belived deserved rep, although I think people are hesitant to give it, because they dislike me, or don't like some of my posts that I had. However, If I get negative rep for complaining about rep, like I did last time, I will be angry.

I gain rep very very slowly, 1 negative for every 1.5 positives.

Fullmetal, apparently, someone disagreed with your opinon, and therefore, since its a free country, and you can say what you want, you got negative repped for what you said.

I'll be a VIP in about a year. See you then.

F

FullMetal

Fullmetal, apparently, someone disagreed with your opinon, and therefore, since its a free country, and you can say what you want, you got negative repped for what you said.
What are you talking about...I never said anything about my reputation...I'm confused...

FullMetal

DannyTheNinja

Banned
Role
Private
I think at one point the requirements for # of posts to be a VIP was below 100. Yawgmoth in particular was one user that I noticed always had something good to say, but had ~50-60 posts on the old forum and already VIP status with 20+ rep.

[edit]
Moo said:
On another note : I've said it before and I'll say it again : donors status and VIP status have nothing to do with each other.
Moo, I cannot begin to say how much more I respect you for having this philosophy. So many sites have turned to requiring donations just to attain special status, when it really isn't about money. I see that your donations for this month have already gone over the goal by 25% and we're only a quarter of the way through the month. The support that everyone is giving towards this site is simply phenomenal. As for me I might donate when and if I have a PayPal account that isn't monitored as closely.

--Danny :ninja: (is the smiley back yet? :p)

Last edited:

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
I feel bad for the first VIP....all alone. We don't have one yet but soon. lol hes gana have great topics of conversation :D
Congratulations Fullmetal, on making it to the *BIG 10* in rep!!!:D

~Pramrider

F

FullMetal

lol, you are so late...and nothing goes on in there, there is one thread and like 4 VIPs...its so sad lol we need some more, and there are people who really deserve it so hurry up peeps!

FullMetal

Role
Private
lol, you are so late...and nothing goes on in there, there is one thread and like 4 VIPs...its so sad lol we need some more, and there are people who really deserve it so hurry up peeps!

FullMetal
I've noticed on here people aren't as liberal with rep as back on TBDL.

*shrugs*

Target

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I agree with 10 pts, 100 posts and 1-2 month of activity to become VIP.
But, in my opinion, wiki and blogs contributions are important too (wiki more important than blog), so I think you can get 1 rep point if you contribute to the wiki and/or create your blog, for max 2 pts, like a "prize".
They are only 2 rep pts on 10.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
Blogs and wiki should be reppable (and reputable but we can't have everything...) but automatic rep would be a bad thing. I like articles being posted here before they goto wiki, for a first round of criticism/polishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.