VIP status and its rep requirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
The current situation is that nobody has yet got VIP status on the new forums, because nobody is at the 10 rep point requirement yet.

I have been considering making the requirement 5 points of rep, instead of 10. This would last only for 2 months or so, at which point the requirement for VIP status would go back to 10, and anyone with between 5 and 10 at that time would lose VIP status.

Do you think this is a good idea?

Time and technical reasons make it very difficult for me to try to give people the rep they had on the old site back. I figure this is a good stopgap solution until people earn their rep back again.

What do you think?

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
I think it's a good idea, though I wouldn't really mind having to get to 10 rep again. It seems that the people who deserve it most are already getting near 10 anyway.

F

FullMetal

The current situation is that nobody has yet got VIP status on the new forums, because nobody is at the 10 rep point requirement yet.

I have been considering making the requirement 5 points of rep, instead of 10. This would last only for 2 months or so, at which point the requirement for VIP status would go back to 10, and anyone with between 5 and 10 at that time would lose VIP status.

Do you think this is a good idea?

Time and technical reasons make it very difficult for me to try to give people the rep they had on the old site back. I figure this is a good stopgap solution until people earn their rep back again.

What do you think?
Thats a great idea, I liked the VIP section of this site, and I would like to have it back. Will there also be a Members area as well or are we doing without?

FullMetal

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
Sounds like a good idea to me. It would kinda suck to receive and then lose the VIP status if you don't make it to 10 rep in time, though. I would just make it 10 once a certain number of people have achieved that much.

Thats a great idea, I liked the VIP section of this site, and I would like to have it back. Will there also be a Members area as well or are we doing without?

FullMetal

Good question, I also would be interested to know. The members only section was that nice little barrier for when you didn't want everyone and their dog to be able to read your thread :D

Dash

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Sounds like a good idea to me. It would kinda suck to receive and then lose the VIP status if you don't make it to 10 rep in time, though. I would just make it 10 once a certain number of people have achieved that much.
I agree, it would kinda suck to get your 9 rep as VIP, then just lose VIP status when the requirement is reset to 10 lol

But then again... if it were 5... then... *counts on fingers* wow! :D
Yeah ok, I likes the idea now!

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent, Carer
Well, I would like my bold letters back :p

Then again some specail color for DJ, Graphics, and Forum maker drew would be cool too

g6s

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
so i edited what i said out, since yeah... it's so irrelevant and just complaining, i think setting it to 10 is good becauseeeeee it sets a high standard at the beginning

Last edited:

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
i just so disagree with this... it's hard enough to get one rep, and it's not because my posts are useless, people just assign rep to their friends and not to people they're unsure about or don't know
Well that just about makes reputation just about useless if you see it that way! I give rep to anyone who makes me laugh or makes good posts. Maybe I'm more inclined to give rep to someone I like than to someone I don't like, sure. That doesn't mean that I'm not giving rep to people who I think make outstandingly funny or insightful posts.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
I'd say, put the VIP level at 10 from the start, just like before. To set it at some lower number for a brief period and then reset it to 10 seems like an unnecessary step. Just my 2 cents FWIW.

Speaking of rep, I notice mine is at 1, but I can't see what I received it for. Personal rep info doesn't appear where I used to see it. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?

~Pramrider

Role
Private
I'd say, just put the VIP level at 10 from the start, just like before. To set it at some lower number for a brief period and then reset it to 10 just seems like an unnecessary step. Just my 2 cents FWIW.

Speaking of rep, I notice mine is at 1, but I can't see what I received it for. Personal rep info doesn't appear where I used to see it. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?

~Pramrider
In your User CP, right at the bottom of the page that loads up.

And also, I agree with you on the subject. Just stick it at 10 to begin with.

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
it doesn't really matter to me that much.

what WOULD be cool is if we got SOME sort of members-only forum soon that can't be seen by google and people not signed up for the site. there are a lot of things people want to post that they don't want everyone on the interweb reading.

as long as we get something like that soon, it doesn't matter to me whether it's a VIP thing or just a members-only thing. :)

F

FullMetal

it doesn't really matter to me that much.

what WOULD be cool is if we got SOME sort of members-only forum soon that can't be seen by google and people not signed up for the site. there are a lot of things people want to post that they don't want everyone on the interweb reading.

as long as we get something like that soon, it doesn't matter to me whether it's a VIP thing or just a members-only thing. :)
Yes yes yes, and it was more personal in there too, I liked that :D

FullMetal

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
Yes to that. I say it should be a vip thing: simple membership is pretty easy to get. I agree with Moo's proposal, put rep at 5 for now, jack it to 10 when the time is right. Nearly all the people at 5 right now I would affirm as worthy of being vip's: having access to material that is more private. I have noticed that there are some major differences between the profiles of high-rep people on ADISC compared to TBDL. Some sorts of posts (and posters) get more rep (or fewer) than they would have @TBDL. I think a younger demographic is a little more predominant. In many ways there is a different feel to the forums: certain topics, for one thing, which had been talked to death are new and fresh. For another thing, the forums have lots more functionality, and people who are able to take advantage of that functionality (blogs, wiki etc.) will do better compared to old TBDL. Moo is still experimenting.

I reckon in 3-6 months things will have settled down to the point where policy is easier to decide. People will have come to know each other better, the ease or difficulty of getting rep will have settled to the point where repcount can be used to base something like vip status on, and we'll have a new lot of "veterans" some from old, some who are presently brand new members.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
With the amount of lurking I'm doing nowadays, I fear it may take me longer than it did last time to get to VIP. :(

Oh well, at least I know my posts are all gold. I had 35 rep with only 300-400 posts. So it's all good.

Jon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I think 10 is perfectly fair. The people who deserve it will get it soon enough.

BluTack

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Fair enough. But last time I did see a lot of people jumping straight to VIP. How about after a while once we have a nice amount of VIPs make it:

Must be active,
Registered for 45 days,
500 posts,
20 reps,
and maybe a few donates.

Maybe.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I'd say make it 10 reputation points, as it used to be. People will get there in time, even in less than 2 months.
After a while, you should also implement other requirements to become VIP, as we had on the old forum. I'm mostly thinking about a certain amount of time someone has spent here (like 1-2 months), or maybe a requirement linked to contributing in the wiki or links section or what not. But there's some time left to decide on these things.

Peachy

Status
Not open for further replies.