Vintage Pampers Question

In the 80's, I would take 2 pampers overnites in the white and orange box, lay the end to end on a glad all white kitchen garbage bag. Using an iron and strip of linen, I would bond the pampers to the glad bag creating one diaper.
did that for quite a time until Attends came out.

Reactions: Deleted member 56273 and BobbiSueEllen
I wore baby diapers pretty much until goodnites came out when I was 10 or 11, I wore various different brands as my mom usually just bought whatever was cheap or on sale usually fitti XL or drypers but sometimes I got Pampers or luvs back when they were colored that light blue for boys. I do remember my mom and my aunt splitting a bale of Pampers for me and my 2 cousins and they were pink so much to my chagrin I had to wear pink Pampers for almost a year. I was so excited when goodnites finally came out because at that point the baby diapers were so snug I was just wearing them inside my undies like a maxi pad, still it was better than a wet bed.

PCS said:
Incidentally, the adult nappy available today that has the same plastic as those Pampers is the Tranquility ATN briefs imported from the USA
I know I’m resurrecting old thread, but I’m actually researching this right now.

I also bought Pampers back in the 80s, and I remember them being very crinkly. In the early ‘90s and 2000’s I switched to adult diapers.

I can say that the depends of that time were more crinkly than Tranquility ATN (the green ones as well as “Depend Overnight”). The depends plastic today is different.

What was the plastic called? Is it all just PE or are there names for the different types? I want to have some manufactured like the old Attends/Depends, but need specifics on plastic.

• Thinking
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
pumpkin said:
There you go - Cosifits (I've got three full packets, opened one. I'll probably sell some individual nappies on eBay and/or give some away to friends. Also a picture of my vintage Pampers Ultra's (one day I'll get a mortgage and buy a full packet!)

View attachment 36891View attachment 36892
Early 1980's Cosifits came in different packages than the pictured bag.

ArchtopK said:
In the 80's, I would take 2 pampers overnites in the white and orange box, lay the end to end on a glad all white kitchen garbage bag. Using an iron and strip of linen, I would bond the pampers to the glad bag creating one diaper.
did that for quite a time until Attends came out.
I switched immediately to adult diapers in my 14s since I was unable to fit Pampers and Babylino Maxi Plus size because of my chubbiness.

Bought my first bag of baby blue Attends in 1987 and never looked back.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Fitted with ease when I was 12 / 13 years old the largest Pampers Junior 12-25kgs ( early 90s model )
Later these became the Pampers Extra large and Libero extra large + up to 35kgs ( mid 90s model )
This was well before the stretchy tapes. Libero has always been a bit bigger / wider here compared to Pampers.
Huggies were only available here in the Netherlands up to size maxi (10-20kgs).

Reactions: pumpkin, Deleted member 56273 and BobbiSueEllen
Back