Views on Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Footed P.J.

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
I'm an atheist, but not a nasty atheist who wants to ban all religious expression., I hate those types. But yeah: No God. No heaven. No reincarnation. No reunification of souls (that is, we will not be reunified with our love ones in the "spirit world".

I am an atheist, but like you and everyone, we don't know for sure.

Roland

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I'm an atheist, but not a nasty atheist who wants to ban all religious expression., I hate those types. But yeah: No God. No heaven. No reincarnation. No reunification of souls (that is, we will not be reunified with our love ones in the "spirit world".
Same applicant to me. Contrary to most 'nasty' atheists as Footed P.J puts it, I believe faith can be a very good thing if someone feels a need to believe. It's just I don't :p
I dislike fanatism, from either side.

(Religious Fanatics, Atheist Fanatics..if there is a god, and a 2nd judgement, both will probably end up in the same acid vat in hell XD.)

Angel-In-Diapers

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
THANK YOU...I have seen too many cases of I am right you are wrong, we both do not know for sure, but I have belief wheras you do not =)

Footed P.J.

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
Oops, we posted at the same time; that was in response to Dusk. Having belief or not having belief isn't kinky. Sorry.

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
I don't like classifying my views in any sense. I'm not religious because I don't agree with any 'set of beliefs' that I am to follow. I'm not an atheist, because I do believe that there could be something out there...I mean, the universe is just too vast for us to even comprehend, so it's possible. Also, I believe that religion (sometimes, not always) can help people out. I find that some people need some sort of religion to help guide them along, which is fine. It's not for me though, I choose to believe what I...well, believe, which can change, and has changed before :p

Thallis

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
I am a Catholic (Well, according to some I'm not but I'll not go into that), but I am somewhat leaning towards agnosticism. I am one hundred percent certain that it is impossible to disprove the existence of God. On the contrary, using Reason as guidelines, I'm fairly certain he does in fact exist, though it is nearly impossible to prove. There has only been one proof that I have never seen disproved, and that would be on the Christian side, coming from the greatest philosopher to live, Thomas Aquinas.

If you have not read and/or interpreted his 5 proofs on the existence of God, I would highly recommend you doing so.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
Religions serve some purposes other than being templates for worship and providing explicative mythologies. Prior to the rise of science, we needed a groundwork for moral and ethical decisions; we needed some sort of objective framework for jurisprudence. The underlying truth of a religion was not as important as the usefulness of being able to rely on religious precepts to produce systems of social contracts that worked to govern behaviour through value systems. The fact that those religious precepts worked to unify societies led to the assumption that the original precepts must have been correct: which
of course is erroneous. And religions, having secured their own (local) preeminence, and spread themselves, are inherently selfish memetically. Religious persons and institutions don't want to give up their power even in the face of their creeping irrelevance.

Or so Humphrey told me in a vision. Humphrey not only would not lie, he couldn't make this stuff up either; so some higher power must be behind it.

Last edited:

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
my dad is an ex-catholic and my mom is a non-practicing jew, so i wasn't raised in a religious environment. i used to consider myself an athiest or agnostic, but as i've gotten older i've started finding myself more and more inclined to believe in something you could call god if you felt so-inclined.

i'm actually starting to sort of wish i'd been raised religious. it would have been nice if my dad had baptized me in the catholic church when i was born. i don't really see myself joining the church now that i'm an adult -- there's a lot about it that i have a problem with, especially views on sex, contraception, homosexuality and so forth. but people who were brought up in the church have the opportunity to practice their religion without necessarily embracing all of it.

religion has been an inherent part of humanity since we first came into being as an intelligent, self-aware species. i feel like i'm sort of missing out on a big part of what it means to be human since i don't practice any religion.

Vaultin

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'm an atheist. I don't care about religion, insofar as I've never had a religious experience and have no reason to believe in God. Logically, I also find no reason to believe in a God or Gods. If your religion isn't harming anybody, feel free to practice it, I don't care, it's your business, just like what happens in your bedroom; just don't force it on me. I think religion is simply a product of the evolutionary needs of early humanity to not become entrenched mentally in poor life situations and to encourage survival of the group instead of the individual; organized religions are socio-cultural memes that can be and often are dangerous.

So religion is not my favorite thing in the world.

EDIT: people who run around screaming that religion is horrible and a form of child abuse etc. and say that it needs to be forcibly wiped out are just as extreme and ****ed up and wrong as religious fundamentalists. They're of the same mentality, just without a religion. People who need help either way, IMO. Live and let live baby.

Role
Private
I have developed my own beliefs.

In a nutshell, I believe that there is a higher order of things. However, I don't feel that this "higher order" impacts our lives to any real degree nor does it judge us by our actions when we die. It's strange, I take a science-based approach, but fill in some of the things that just can't be explained with something in the way of spiritualism.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I'm agnostic, I don't believe in God and I won't until I got enough proof that he does exist. But I can't deny the fact that it's weird that we live on a planet with the right temperature, air, water and all. Still not enough to make me believe in something, though.

Vaultin

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
^^^It having the right temperature, air, and water has no bearing on it. As life forms that came into existence following the evolution of CO2 metabolizing plants, we have filled our populations with the alleles most suitable to surving in the conditions of the planet we have found ourselves on; for those with unsuitable genes have not survived to pass their genes on, genes are whittled down to function in specific environments in specific ways; evolution.

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
I am Buddhist, but my parents make me go to church. I am Buddhist because its mad G and a lot of people think I'm on drugs, so I can say "its against my religion." I also like the part about how violence is evil, because I think "Guns aren't evil, people who shoot them at others are."

whitefox

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Other
I'm a Christian. My parents were Christian, and now I am. Naturally I have had plenty of bias, but after becoming more aware of myself (and growing a bit away from my parents), I've sort of reviewed everything I used to believe. Still today, I believe in a higher power, but also in many of the same ideas as the Anabaptists, those who didn't believe in baptism until an age of awareness.

My views differ from a lot of the Church, especially the Catholic Church, but I also am completely open to other religions. It is kind of wierd, however, how so many people in the United States right now (people such as my dad) will refuse to vote for Barack Obama because they simply thought he was a Muslim. Our country has no national religion, yet the slightest mentioning of it ("He got sworn in on the Koran? What a terrorist!") will spark such a debate. Why is it that so many Americans fail to realize that it is only one radical group that is doing all of this (the shi'ites, I think)?

Sorry about the rant, but I've been thinking about that for a while now. At least no one at home will have to hear it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.