Viewing photos in gallery: WAY too big

• Thread starter Deleted member 5880
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 5880

Hello folks,

I have uploaded many photos recently to my gallery, and when I click on the photos to view them, they take up more than the size of my screen allows...I can practically see the individual pixels on my photos.

Is there a general format which uploaded photos need to follow (the illustrations I create and upload are currently 612 x 792 pixels and saved to JPG format), or have I encountered a glitch?

If anybody else has noticed this problem, please speak up as well.

Best Regards,

~Kif

Dark Bringer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Most photo programs will allow you to resize your pictures. You can make a smaller version of your pic (but save the original) and upload that.
But yeah, it would probably be nice if the thing had the magnifying glass with the plus sign on it that would let you choose between auto resize and original.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I thought that by clicking the photo, it made it to a smaller size. My gallery has been doing the same thing too, showing the full size. It's annoying.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Well the pictures that are big have a higher dimension than some of your others. I don't know what you did differently, but if you just took the large ones onto pretty much any photo program, or on a photo site (like Photobucket), you can resize the pictures easily. I thought there used to be a size limit on pictures in the gallery, but I think I might be getting them mistaken with your profile gallery, which has a maximum dimension of 600x???

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5880

Well, I changed the photo to 50 resolution (down from 200)...and it didn't do anything to change the size of the photo when viewed.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Well, I changed the photo to 50 resolution (down from 200)...and it didn't do anything to change the size of the photo when viewed.

I meant dimensions, not resolution D:

D

Deleted member 5880

Aha!

I changed the height to 5 inches...and now it works perfectly!

Thank you!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.