viewability of user notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
non-mods can see user notes on banned people's profiles. I think this is a good thing; what do the rest of you think?

Squigma

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur
Yeah, I think this is great. Whenever I see someone banned I like to know why - otherwise it seems like they've just totally disappeared. If someone I thought was really cool had been found out to be lying about their age, for example, I'd want to know that rather than just not see them again without knowing why.

Role
Private
I think it's fine. It keeps all the community informed about why that person was banned, and keeps others wary that people do get caught out eventually.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
non-mods can see user notes on banned people's profiles.
VIPs can see all user notes, not just banned people's.

And I'm fairly sure that all members can see the reason someone was banned, it's shown in their profile.

User notes.

Squigma

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur
Ahh, I got confused. I thought the reason for someone's ban was a usernote!

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Yes, at least VIPs can view why someone was banned and I think everyone else can too (I'd wonder why people shouldn't be able to see it as it's useful information to everyone.)

One thing though, it used to be so that only mods could see profile information of banned members, is that going to be restored?

<EDIT> Jack: they sometimes can put extra information in a usernote but in the profile you see a small table with something like "ban information" with in there When - Until when - Reason and by whom it was set.</EDIT>

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
IIRC Non-vips could see a reason a user was banned, but not the user notes. I think it was a different mod all together. I think the same happened when they were put on probation, there was a brief message why. E.g. Bad rep, Causing Drama etc...

I'd prefer that rather than opening up the user notes. As however was banned might manage to join back and take revenge on those that "dubbed them in". On the old forum where I was a VIP, I remember that the user who posted it was given.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
Everyone should be able to see a "banned" box (titled "Ban Information") on the profiles of banned people. This box is, however, not a user note.

Usernotes only appear if you are logged in as a mod or vip when browsing someone's profile.
If you are, then you will see something like this on the profile :
User Notes: 1 [View] [Post User Note]
(Last Note: 19 Hours Ago 11:03 PM)
Only moderators can post user notes. The reason for this is that, in the past, when we allowed VIPs to do so, some VIPs would post inaccurate or highly biased/subjective usernotes, without the required supporting evidence.

If you have a usernote you want to post on someone, contact a mod, and they can post it for you after it is verified to be the truth.

The main purposes of usernotes are :
* to make a note when the mods are highly suspicious about a user but don't have the evidence to ban them yet.
* to make a note when one person has met another in RL and verified that they are who they say they are.
* to make a note when a person gets their username changed to something new

Status
Not open for further replies.