View of a shopping aisle with articles for children

DiaperLoverPL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
It's something exciting (always has been for me) in walking around the hipermarket and seeing that one aisle with everything for children - diapers, wipes, powders, baby oils and pacifiers. Lovely view, really...

• Love
Reactions: skylanderpamp, Deleted member 69681, cprdr and 2 others
Definitely! I sometimes find myself spending too much time glancing at those sections when I’m trying to keep my little side in tow.

• Love
Reactions: DiaperLoverPL, skylanderpamp, Blekyss and 3 others
If i see a cute nappy design i have to buy them! ❤️ 🥰 :love:🚼

The smells. 😍 Used to be so much more intoxicating in the days of scented plastic backed diapers.

Reactions: toddlerPampers
When I leave for the registers at my grocery store, I always walk down the diaper aisle. I also use and buy Aveeno diaper cream and J & J Baby Wash so that takes me through the diaper aisle as well.

• Love
Reactions: DiaperLoverPL, littlemoosey and michaelmc
I like Johnson's baby shampoo it makes ourhair oo soft! :love: 🥰 ❤️

Reactions: dogboy and MetalDan86
I use j&j baby shampoo and baby wipes rash cream when needed.
Love looking at the clothes too .
And wish the boys clothes fit.
Too.

• Love
Reactions: michaelmc
This kills me to read this, for years I had to avert my eyes when my wife got near that aisle. Now If I want to I can go down it and she knows why and I love when she stops and looks at things, or grabs something that she need for me.

Amazing isnt it... it is like the DIAPER aisle calls us when we are near it, and just like Odysseus tied to the mast in order to resist the enchanting sirens in Greek mythology.

• Haha
Reactions: skylanderpamp, Reward, Cottontail and 5 others
LittleAndAlone said:
The smells. 😍 Used to be so much more intoxicating in the days of scented plastic backed diapers.
This is so true. I grew up in a time when Pampers was packaged in cardboard boxes. There was no plastic packaging to conceal that sweet scent wafting thru the aisle. The scent was so strong you could smell it 1 to 2 aisles on each side. Unfortunately diapers are now packaged in plastic so that smell is now basically extinct. I say go back to cardboard boxes, I miss that smell.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: DiaperLoverPL, toddlerPampers, chuck and 2 others
Nowididit said:
This is so true. I grew up in a time when Pampers was packaged in cardboard boxes. There was no plastic packaging to conceal that sweet scent wafting thru the aisle. The scent was so strong you could smell it 1 to 2 aisles on each side. Unfortunately diapers are now packaged in plastic so that smell is now basically extinct. I say go back to cardboard boxes, I miss that smell.
You could smell it through the plastic too. It went away cause they stopped using scents altogether.

Reactions: toddlerPampers
Walking through the baby section is great, so many things to buy, recently got a Sky Paw Patrol plate, it's so cute :D Whatever you do, don't go into a toy store, I spent so long in there a search party was almost called. I could have spent a fortune if I had the money haha.

• Love
littlemoosey said:
Amazing isnt it... it is like the DIAPER aisle calls us when we are near it, and just like Odysseus tied to the mast in order to resist the enchanting sirens in Greek mythology.
Very good analogy! I would almost have to stuff my nose with some of Odysseus’s earwax to keep the smell of old school Pampers from luring me to the aisle. 😂

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: michaelmc, FelixS, littlemoosey and 1 other person
DiaperLoverPL said:
It's something exciting (always has been for me) in walking around the hipermarket and seeing that one aisle with everything for children - diapers, wipes, powders, baby oils and pacifiers. Lovely view, really...
When I was a kid or teen, I always felt ashamed to walk THAT aisle. Somehow there was the temptation buried in my subconscious, causing the unpleasant feelings. Over the years it has turned into something pleasant, with a tiny undertone of shame.

Some of the most enjoyable moments have been lately, when out with my gf / cg, and she takes me there to get some baby wipes or formula.

So absolutely get what you are saying.

• Love
LittleAndAlone said:
Yes that was always a big part of those aisles, especially the diaper aisle at Toys r Us. The aisles seemed to have more items it seemed. Racks of all types of plastic pants and covers. The diaper and baby aisles are not the same today. Everything is about allergies and everything unscented///Its all mostly about cartoony Pull Ups now. The diapers have very little scent if at all now. Its lost its appeal somewhat nowadays for me. I still go down the aisles though.

Reactions: littlemoosey
I used to love going down the kids and baby aisle in stores. As a kid I still felt a slightly funny feeling looking at all the diapers, diaper covers,kids items etc.....It had such an appeal to me then. The aisles today just arent the same. I know a lot of it is most items now are essentially unscented. Its all about allergies and sensitivity now. Diapers are mostly all about cartoony Pull ups on the shelves. No more strong baby or diaper scent. No more thick bags of soft plastic diapers. No racks of plastic pants also. Its just not as appealing to me any more.

I agree, when the boxes of cloth diapers/plastic pants and diaper pins disappeared it was not quite the same.

Reactions: dogboy
When I was in my teen/adult, I like go down baby aisle in my wheelchair to look at all plastic and rubber pants and diapers/pampers and all baby stuff their have. Back in the 80’s and 90’s the diapers was on the display at grocery store and I like to look at them on display. Today, I still look down baby aisles.

Attachments

• 1974 pampers.jpg
    1974 pampers.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Love
Reactions: LittleAndAlone
littlemoosey said:
I agree, when the boxes of cloth diapers/plastic pants and diaper pins disappeared it was not quite the same.
That was the early 80s, at least in the Seattle area. I remember shopping for groceries with my mom and walking past boxes of Curity prefolds. Sad to see those go.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Love seeing the different potty chairs

I'm another who remembers the packages of cloth prefolds and plastic pants in the diaper aisle in various stores. Inside, I was going crazy. Last night I had a dream where I was wearing just a colorful plastic pant and some kid looked at me and said, you're wearing a diaper. I used to have dreams like that all the time so I loved revisiting that dream one more time.

• Love
Reactions: littlemoosey and michaelmc
Back