Video games you miss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
so funny i remember seeing that game in stores like EB and Babbages and always looked down at it for not being a 1st person shooter lol

I miss Jade Empire. I've got it on steam but the FPS is so low and it's so jittery that it's unplayable. Naturally, since it's old and under EA, it's not going to get patched. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to fix it, either....

Reactions: SnowBlitz
Copyright law seriously needs to catch up with the modern era, it's not fair that ,any of these MMOs and online games are simply lost to history once they shut down. They deserve to be preserved, played, and remembered.

Reactions: Daddy Niles
yeah its hard though as it does cost a ton of money to pay for servers and to keep the games running....the part that made me mad was that companies like NCSoft wouldnt even CONSIDER selling the brand to the fans who actually wanted to get the money needed to do so. So games like City of heroes will forever languish in peoples memories while the code stays dormant

SnowPrincessSophie said:
Copyright law seriously needs to catch up with the modern era, it's not fair that ,any of these MMOs and online games are simply lost to history once they shut down. They deserve to be preserved, played, and remembered.

True, in the case of the game I used to play called "Monster and Me" i dont think Copyright was the issue though, rather that people eventually gave up on it when the servers got too buggy and the company decided to let it go.

I think it could have became more popular and would have generated the company running it lots of money; as it really was an interesting take on a concept similar to Pokemon (but way more challenging in the pet raising aspect as it was more focused on that than battling).

RetroGamerGuy said:
Gosh i remember playing so many shut down MMOs. My first was (still around) Anarchy Online and went on from there to beta test Earth and Beyond. I also played unique MMOs that died too early like Auto Assault and the aformentioned City of Heroes....oh lord i SERIOUSLY miss that game and it died WAY too early. I hate NCSoft with a burning passion for not allowing it to be remade

This. NCSoft really pissed me off that day. They've made some pretty bad decisions regarding a lot of their games and it's disappointing. Especially since CoH wasn't even doing badly, they just wanted to kill it because it didn't have a big player base in their home territory (Asia/South Korea) and while it did fine in the US and EU, they didn't care about that. Guild Wars was the only property NCSoft allowed to survive from their western devs.

I want to see a new F-ZERO game from nintendo. I even have my own cosplay of the Blue Falcon and Captain Falcon. I used a kid's pedal go kart to build it off of.20181229_150839.jpg

Wow that is seriously awesome

Daddy Niles said:
I miss Jade Empire. I've got it on steam but the FPS is so low and it's so jittery that it's unplayable. Naturally, since it's old and under EA, it's not going to get patched. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to fix it, either....

omg I love Jade Empire! That was one of my first original Xbox games and I still have it, special edition and all :D

Reactions: Daddy Niles
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back