• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Video Games Made Into Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icey

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy, Little, Carer
What is your favorite one of them? What video game, that you have played, should be made into a movie? Anything else can be posted here dealing with this topic!!

Lowie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Carer
Max Payne looks like a good movie, and it was a pretty good game.

dinorider

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I've yet to see a really good game based movie. I guess I found Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children to be pretty good. And the Resident Evil titles were enjoyable for the moment.

I'm having a hard time seeing what games could be turned into movies without loosing to much of their feel. I mean, I'd love seeing Zelda or Kingdom Hearts on the big screen, but I don't think it'd really work.

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer, Private
Zelda on the big screan not working! It's the perfect story! Boy starts a journy, boy meats princes, princes gets captured, boy turnes into hero, boy saves princes. If you don't think it will work, just look up the preview for the zelda movie on youtube. It's unfortunatly a fake, but it still lookes so cool!

My favorite was the Fanal Fantacy movie. I've never chosen to see it, but I've seen it four times and been glad I did every time. The action in that movie is better than I've ever seen, and the final swordfight between Cloud and Seferoth (cant spell it) was just too cool. My jaw drops every time.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Call of Duty

Any of the titles in the Call of Duty Series would make good action/war movies. Three and Four are pretty cinematic in mature anyway. I haven't played World at War yet, so IDK about that one. As long as they don't dick around with the plot like in Doom(They were demons from Hell, dammit!) did.

Grand Theft Auto would make a good movie as well. GTA4 I thought had a really good, if somewhat implausible story. And they'd need to cut out a lot of the extraneous stuff, which is really where they'd make or break it.

Last edited:

Mesmerale

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
Hehe... Super Smash Brothers should be a movie... In the viewpoint of Mario.

That'd be so awesome...

Chris H

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Zelda on the big screan not working! It's the perfect story! Boy starts a journy, boy meats princes, princes gets captured, boy turnes into hero, boy saves princes. If you don't think it will work, just look up the preview for the zelda movie on youtube. It's unfortunatly a fake, but it still lookes so cool!

My favorite was the Fanal Fantacy movie. I've never chosen to see it, but I've seen it four times and been glad I did every time. The action in that movie is better than I've ever seen, and the final swordfight between Cloud and Seferoth (cant spell it) was just too cool. My jaw drops every time.
Mmmm Meat.

Also, there'd be one flaw with a Zelda movie: Link would have to talk.

The same would hold true for a Half-Life movie, though that'd be neat as well.

dinorider

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I have to stand by that I don't think it would work. At least not without a huge budget and really great writers/director/cast.

It's a classic story, I'll give you that. The thing is we've seen it in movies so many times before. I fear that a Zelda movie would just turn into that tired old tale with nothing new if most people got their hands on it. Sure, it could turn out to be a great movie, but chances are it would just be a huge disappointment. Like the mock trailer you mentioned. It looks just like what I fear a live action Zelda would look like.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I think that every video game made into a movie has sucked...There was talk of a Halo and Metroid movie...But I don't know if they're still doing that...

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Pong! Definitely Pong. Here, I've already written some script for it:

P1: Bip.
Wall: Boop.
P2: Bip.
P1 + Wall: BipBoop
P2: Bip.

Score Announcer: Buzzzz!

P1: Bip.
P2: I slept with your wife!
P1: :(

Instant success!

Mesmerale

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
Hehe..

What about Pacman?

PM: Waca Waca Waca Waca Waca.

Red Ghost: Get 'im boys!

Blue and Green Ghosts: Chaarrgee!!

PM: Dodododo!

Ghosts: Shit! A corner piece, run away!!

PM: Waca Waca Waca..

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Have you played Bubble Bobble? That would be a gruesome movie.

Bub: "Shit, we're dinosaurs. Well let's melt these things with acid and eat the various fruits that they leave behind!"
Bob: "I call the giant-ass diamond that falls from the top of the stage!"
Bub: "No way, Bob. I'm going to not help this level and wait at the very top of the stage."
Bob: *dies*

White ghost appears!

Bub: "Oh. Crap."

Bub: *dies*

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer, Private
Don't shoot down zelda! The tale will never get old! And the thing is, in all of the games, Link does talk, they just don't show it. If you noticed, people will ask him a question and then reply to your answer. Sence the player already knows the answer, they don't show it. And you occasionally get to choose your answer too, but whichever one you choose really has no impact on the game.

Mistah

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I like the first two Resident Evil movies and I also liked Silent Hill, however I never played the game. Most other games to movies are mediocre to dreadful.

Games to movies I'd personally like to see are American McGee's Alice and Diablo.
Zelda would also be a good one. I'd also like to see a new take on a Mario Bros. movie some day.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Doom was the best video-game movie I've ever seen. I can hear it now -- people are grinding their teeth in exasperation at that. I preface my argument with this: Doom came as a movie about eleven years later than it should have. I've been playing the video-game since it came out in '93, and I've followed it avidly. The movie was far more accurate to the game's original story than most viewers believe.

I profess that Doom the movie stands as a potential prequel to the very first episode of the first game. Back in 1993, when Doom was originally released, it was accompanied with a readme file that gave a vague background as to the story. Contrary to popular belief, when the game was first developed, players were intended not to know what the enemies were -- they seemed like demons, but in the original readme file, they were likened to aliens (a plot point that was later adopted for the four Doom novels).

Also, at the beginning of the game, the main character was planted on the Phobos base for putting his C.O. in a "full body cast" for having fired on civilians. Dwayne Johnson's character had done exactly that in the movie, and that's why Karl Urban had to whup his tits up.

There are quite a few other little homages that appeared in the movie that made it especially awesome for a Doom geek like me. As a fan of the games since they were first released sixteen years ago, take it from me: While Doom doesn't necessarily hold up to the modernized plot of the Doom games, it's a damned good visualization of many of the plot-points as they were originally envisioned. Many Doom fans will say it sucks; I, however, as a self-professed true Doom fan, give it my absolute 100% approval.

Max Payne was also a damned good game-to-movie adaptation. Play the original Max Payne, and you'll realize that the movie paid particular attention to soooo, soooo many things that a gamer who remembers it would squeal at. That, and it followed the plot considerably well, while adding in its own flavor.

It just goes to show, though, that video game movies are their own genre... :) Some plots just don't translate well over to movie! It takes a gamer to appreciate that.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I actually liked the Laura Craft movie. Resident Evil wasn't bad. Games are games, however. The new Prince of Persia has beautiful graphics. I wonder what kind of movie it would make?

Status
Not open for further replies.