Verdict on the Dry24/7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
well my massive shipment got here today...oh what am i going to do with 200+ diapers..........................buy a storage shed lol!

if this is the Rolls Royce of diapers then depends is like a ford pinto.

some pros...

-quiet plastic (still crinkly but soft)
-MEGA thick....I sat down on my hardwood floor and the padding acted as a shock absorber
-very discreet shipping..until I accidentally ripped a huge hole in one of the boxes while getting them home...

Cons...
-Tapes are kinda temperamental. I had to do the duck tape thing
-back of the diaper rides VERY high.
-if you have a gut(even a slight one like me), this produces a loose fit.

overall....blown away...totally speechless.

Abena....prepare for a diaper fight.

B

Butterfly Mage

That sounds pretty good except for the tapes. There are few things worse than a diaper where the tapes won't stay put. I've ound that the Molicare fasteners are pretty reliable.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
yeah.. I just cut a piece of duct tape to go over the tapes

I like a snug fit... so yeah....

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I had the same problem with the tapes initially, but over time I realized how to position them so that they stay put. Also, make sure you get them in a good place on the first try. The bottom layer tapes will not stick if you try to move them. If you have to adjust, make sure to only use the top layer tape.

Also, combined with the Abena bodystocking (which you can get from XP Medical) they stay put really well and just feel amazing.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
oh... one more thing

Discreetness--- thickness may be the only issue. They are fairly quite, even when wet.

miles

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I've never had problems with tapes except for on Depends Adjustables, which were just sticky tapes.
The ones I have on my current diapers are more like velcro, but they latch anywhere on the diaper and even my sheets.
They hold pretty well.

Also congrats! I wish I had 200+ diapers.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
yeah.. Storing them is going to be a real big issue...of course discreetness is not an issue here. I filled up BOTH my diaper drawers with the first case of 72. I have a big plastic box too, that I filled up with the other case of 72.

and I have one case left, and nowhere to put it. Methinks I am going to just keep it in the box and put it up in the garage storage. The packages are sealed so moisture wont be an issue.

When UPS arrived, they guy wheeled them in on a dolly.....HA!

all in all... a GREAT DEAL!

now.. if I can only nail that calculus test tomorrow....:sad:

miles

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
How much did they all cost? I can only dream of getting something like that on my door step.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
$225 for 216 diapers

Anyways... an update... I have just changed into a new diaper for bedtime. The old one i put on at 8:30am and I just removed it at 7:00pm. No leaks whatsoever(this was the one that had an additional 2 liters of water added). It still held up to about 3 more heavy wettings. Although it did not leak, the weight of the wet diaper was making it sag.

all in all... a great purchase.

AbbeyJunction

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur, Sissy, Carer, Other
I shall think of trying these out for my next diaper. Maybe ill buy a small case of 24/7's and a small case of Abena's and make my own comparisons.

hehe, cant beat your own tests.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Very true. If you buy some 24/7's I think you will be pretty impressed.

Videotape your test like the "pitcher of blue water into both diapers"...just like the commercial!

Role
Diaper Lover
Alright, so you said you poured water into one, 2 liters, to be exact, and it still held. I suppose that is what they had advertised.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
yeah..... plus more additional wettings.

but seriously. The 2 liters was all at once.....and it held.

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
I shall think of trying these out for my next diaper. Maybe ill buy a small case of 24/7's and a small case of Abena's and make my own comparisons.
What is a small case??? There is only one size case. A case is 3 packs of diapers, no more, no less. You mean a pack of each?

Ace

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I think Falloutfox was referring to the size of the diapers, not case size. Though with the Dry 24/7's when I ordered a case of them, I got 4 packs of 18. I guess that 4th pack is like a bonus or something.

Ace

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Yeah, actually it is a pretty good deal, the cost per diaper was about the same as depends and the dry's are a heck of a lot better.

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
I would make a pile of diapers on the floor, and just roll around in it, or sleep on... And in it. What else could you do with a big pile of diapers.......?

Status
Not open for further replies.