• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

vegetarians or vegans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Diaper Lover
Hm, I was wondering if there were any other vegetarians or any vegans on here, or if I'm the only one surrounded but a bunch of meat eaters... :confused:

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
Meatatarian, confirmed. I did eat some veggie lasagna, once, does that count??

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
The only meat I eat is turkey nothing else, otherwise everything else I eat can be classed as a vegatable or fruit.

I do dairy, yougart,and skim milk only, no cheeses at all.

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer, Private
I met a vegitarian who had tried being vegan. He quit after a week because it was so hard.

Oh ya, burger please.

Wegs

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I <3 Meat.
Sorry, but I'm a blood born carnivore.

Role
Other
<- vegetarian, I'd rather not pollute my intestines with dead rotting animal, of which I'm not fit to digest in the first place.

But if you eat meat that's cool, saying there's anything wrong with you if you do, It's just a choice.

Role
Babyfur
I'm not a vegitarian, but I tend to avoid meat because I think it tastes bad.

So essentially, I only eat meat when it's used as a condiment.

Or is a sausage or fish. I actually like sausage and fish.

Maxicoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Sissy, Little
I'm a meat eater to the very core. There's nothing better than a medium cooked steak.

ajsco

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
If god did not want animals to be eaten. Why did he make them of meat?

<stares at medium-rare T-bone steak> hmmmmm.

sharebear

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy
as i have celiac which is simply an extreme food allgergy mainly concerned with wheat, barley, rye and oats, i find it really hard to be a vegan on such a restricitve diet.

but i am trying to stop eating meat.it grosses me out.

A

Asher

OOtz and tr32ch: You are not alone haha!

Yes, I am a VEGETARIAN! Meat sux! Woo!

Well, now that that is off my chest...

How long have you guys been vegetarians? Frankly, I'm rather interested to see how many others on here are vegetarians too : )

- Asher

MysteriousVisitor

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I must say that I'm semi-vegetarian by circumstance. As a student, I've discovered that meat costs moar munyz then pasta and the like. I can get the same nutritional content from other things with less money spent. Not to say that I don't eat meat when I can get it, its just a rarity.

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
i don't eat meat. it's not because i have some sort of a moral or ideological issue against it -- i've just never liked it.

i feel pretentious calling myself a "vegetarian," as though the fact that i don't eat meat were a fundamental part of my identity. it doesn't define me; i just don't eat the stuff. do people who don't like cheese feel like they need a word to define their identity? (noncheeseitarians?)

on the other hand, i'm pretty hard-core about it. i couldn't imagine eating any kind of meat or fish; just thinking about it makes me feel sick to my stomach. i've never been able to understand how people could think of an animal's dead body as food. i'm fine with eating eggs and dairy products; i just feel profoundly uncomfortable with the idea of cutting up a corpse and serving it for dinner. i've felt that way ever since i was an infant, and i haven't eaten any meat since i was probably 6 or 7 years old.

B

Butterfly Mage

I'm a reasonably strict vegetarian. I don't eat meat of any kind. I do like cheese and eggs, so I'm not a vegan. But I've been meat-free ever since becoming a Wiccan.

Role
Other
i don't eat meat. it's not because i have some sort of a moral or ideological issue against it -- i've just never liked it.

i feel pretentious calling myself a "vegetarian," as though the fact that i don't eat meat were a fundamental part of my identity. it doesn't define me; i just don't eat the stuff. do people who don't like cheese feel like they need a word to define their identity? (noncheeseitarians?)

on the other hand, i'm pretty hard-core about it. i couldn't imagine eating any kind of meat or fish; just thinking about it makes me feel sick to my stomach. i've never been able to understand how people could think of an animal's dead body as food. i'm fine with eating eggs and dairy products; i just feel profoundly uncomfortable with the idea of cutting up a corpse and serving it for dinner. i've felt that way ever since i was an infant, and i haven't eaten any meat since i was probably 6 or 7 years old.
QFT--I myself just enjoy semi-advertising vegetarianism because i see it as a form of progression, as it is indeed healthy. I although do not want to be the guy who is shoving his "awesome" lifestyle down another's throat..that is in fact the opposite of what I want to do.

I just like to, what you'd call...spread the word:educate:

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
QFT--I myself just enjoy semi-advertising vegetarianism because i see it as a form of progression, as it is indeed healthy. I although do not want to be the guy who is shoving his "awesome" lifestyle down another's throat..that is in fact the opposite of what I want to do.

I just like to, what you'd call...spread the word:educate:
not me, man. plenty of people need meat in their diet. i know people who have tried to go vegetarian but they craved meat all the time and couldn't feel full or satisfied without it. i've heard that the amount of meat you need in your diet depends on your blood type.

i think if you like eating meat you should eat all the meat you want -- in fact it would probably be unhealthy for you to try to go without it. it's just not my thing, and i stay perfectly healthy without it.

Emileigh

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I can't really eat meat, so I guess I'm a vegitarian

A

Asher

not me, man. plenty of people need meat in their diet. i know people who have tried to go vegetarian but they craved meat all the time and couldn't feel full or satisfied without it. i've heard that the amount of meat you need in your diet depends on your blood type.

i think if you like eating meat you should eat all the meat you want -- in fact it would probably be unhealthy for you to try to go without it. it's just not my thing, and i stay perfectly healthy without it.
I have heard of blood type affecting meat consumption and "craving." Is it really that dominant though in deciding how someone has a craving for meat?

Personally, I would never shove vegetarianism down anyone's throat; it's a person's choice after all. I agree with Avery 100%; if you want to eat it, then eat it. It's a healthy lifestyle is all. : )

- Asher

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I like chicken and meat too much to go either one. Plus I love cow's milk too.

I can understand anyone not eating meat since they want to spare animals. I just don't like it when they push it on meat eaters, they always use meat as a example for poor health too. It might be unhealthy with all the preservatives we pump into it and stuff like that. However if meat was bad then everything on earth would never eat each other.

So as far I see the only case to be a veg is that you want to spare a animal's life.

Status
Not open for further replies.