vBulletin 3.7.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
vBulletin 3.7.0
Today, the vBulletin team is proud to declare version 3.7.0 to be our stable, supported release.

vBulletin 3.7.0 is available immediately from the Members' Area to all customers with active vBulletin licenses, and will be offered as the primary choice to those making new purchases.

This release supercedes the 3.6.x branch as our primary product. vBulletin 3.6.x will continue to be maintained for a limited time, as outlined in the end-of-life announcement posted today. We recommend that all customers with active licenses upgrade to vBulletin 3.7.0.

There are many new features and improvements to existing functionality in vBulletin 3.7.0 over vBulletin 3.6.x, most of which have already been described in the release announcements for the various pre-release versions, and in the First Look thread that was posted at the beginning of the beta process, but here is a brief list of just a few of the highlights.PHP and MySQL Requirements

vBulletin 3.7.0 requires at least PHP 4.3.3 and MySQL 4.0.16 (These are the same requirements as vBulletin 3.6), but we strongly recommend that all customers run PHP 5.2.5 with APC and MySQL 5.0.51 or later. Major performance benefits can be had by taking the recommended route rather than simply satisfying the required versions.

What is a 'Gold' Version?

When talking about software, the term 'gold' is not related to the color of the application. Rather, it refers to the practise of burning the final version of a software product to a CD-R so that it can be sent to a large scale CD press for large-scale distribution. It is used to indicate that the code is ready for deployment to customers. The official name of this new version is vBulletin 3.7.0.

Installing or Upgrading vBulletin

Anyone who has installed or upgraded any version of vBulletin 3 before will be familiar with the process, but for those who are new to the system, the vBulletin manual has all the details for installing and upgrading.

Template Changes

A large number of templates have been changed when compared with vBulletin 3.6.x. It will be necessary to revert affected customized templates or otherwise carefully integrate the changes into your custom versions or new features and existing functionality will be adversely affected. A complete list of the templates you have customized whose original version has been changed by the 3.7.0 upgrade is available within your Admin Control Panel after the upgrade is complete.

Bug Reports

As with any software, bugs will appear. If you find a problem that you believe to be a bug, please don't post about it on the forums where the development team may never find your message, but instead use the dedicated bug tracker to make a report that can be tracked through to completion.

Before reporting a bug, please ensure you are able to reproduce the problem on a board using a default, uncustomized style with all plugins disabled.
vB 3.7 looks really promising. So Moo, any plans on upgrading?:Jumpy:

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
Yes. I've been doing multiple installs of 3.6.10 and 3.7 (both release candidates and Gold) over the last week to test them. I will upgrade as soon as I have some free time.

I haven't done it yet because it will probably take several days of work to ensure the custom changes I have made to this forum are not lost during the upgrade.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
Sweeeet. We're just about done with getting vB 3.7 just the way we want it on my site, it's a big leap forward.

Kraiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Wow, I do like the new profiles. Very savvy. But there's a gallery option for profiles that haven't been linked to our actual gallery section...

Footed P.J.

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
Yeah, I do kind of like the profiles, too. I guess I need to rework my friends or buddies or whatever you call that phenomenomenon. I seem to be down to two (from a popularity-affirming four :p ). I'm still trying to figure out the rep tools, but I suppose it's better this way.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I like everything Ive seen so far! Especially the profiles!

Awesome Job, Moo, I'm having to much fun!:grouphug:

I also just noticed that all the wiki edits and gallery uploads are gone from the right side of our name is gone! I think it looks much cleaner. You also can't see rep #. Is that going to come back?

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
Wow, I do like the new profiles. Very savvy. But there's a gallery option for profiles that haven't been linked to our actual gallery section...
I hope to change that in future.

I like everything Ive seen so far! Especially the profiles!

Awesome Job, Moo, I'm having to much fun!:grouphug:

I also just noticed that all the wiki edits and gallery uploads are gone from the right side of our name is gone! I think it looks much cleaner. You also can't see rep #. Is that going to come back?
Wiki edits and gallery uploads should return.
Rep #s will probably return also.

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer, Other
I hope to change that in future.

Wiki edits and gallery uploads should return.
Rep #s will probably return also.
Is your little rep reform thingy going along with this?

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
I have notice that you can't see the # of threads someone has posted

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Hm, I see that rep count doesn't show -- only whether it's overall positive, neutral, or negative. Was that intentional or just a side effect?

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
I have notice that you can't see the # of threads someone has posted
I plan to re-add that ASAP.

Is your little rep reform thingy going along with this?
Yes.

Hm, I see that rep count doesn't show -- only whether it's overall positive, neutral, or negative. Was that intentional or just a side effect?

Side effect. If in doubt, assume any changed behavior you see in the next week is a side-effect. Most of these side effects are going to be fixed over the next week.

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
I have noticed the we now have "tags on each thread. I think that is very good. It will make searching threads easier.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
I'm having it hard to add to my friends list.

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
I wasn't sure if I should make a dedicated bug reports thread, but I felt this might be good enough.

-Reputation numbers are not visible.
-You can not see the reason why someone was banned.

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Incontinent
There are bugs like people said, but I like it so far! I love the profiles! I hate having to re-do everything, but oh well..

Edit: What are these social groups I'm seeing? What will happen once I join?

Last edited:

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Very nice, way to go Moo. Thanks.

Oh and before I forget: is there going to be something again with who can see your IM details and profile? As I don't see that anymore.

F

FullMetal

I would like it if we did not see the reputation number, maybe it would cool people down since at least twice a day people complain about it.

FullMetal

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
I agree, maybe hiding rep count could be a could be a good thing.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
I wasn't sure if I should make a dedicated bug reports thread, but I felt this might be good enough.

-Reputation numbers are not visible.
-You can not see the reason why someone was banned.
Rep numbers might stay hidden, at least for awhile.
Ban reasons will probably never show up again to the general public. The hack that allowed the public to see them is not compatible with 3.7.

I'm having it hard to add to my friends list.
Over time, I hope that people will learn to use the new system, because there is no way to go back to the old way of doing it.

There are bugs like people said, but I like it so far! I love the profiles! I hate having to re-do everything, but oh well..

Edit: What are these social groups I'm seeing? What will happen once I join?
Try it and see?

Very nice, way to go Moo. Thanks.

Oh and before I forget: is there going to be something again with who can see your IM details and profile? As I don't see that anymore.
Nope, that option was removed. I'd have loved to have kept it, but only about 6 people on the whole site used it, and it required a bunch of custom code to work.

I would like it if we did not see the reputation number, maybe it would cool people down since at least twice a day people complain about it.

FullMetal
Hopefully.

I agree, maybe hiding rep count could be a could be a good thing.
:D

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Nope, that option was removed. I'd have loved to have kept it, but only about 6 people on the whole site used it, and it required a bunch of custom code to work.
Sorry to hear it took so much work, I, for one, will miss it! :( I'd rather know how is seeing my messaging details, or even my about me, than any random member on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.