Valkyrie Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

diaperedteenager

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Okay, if you like WWII movies, then this is a must see.

It starts off well. The beginning is key to the story, so pay attention to it. At one point in the movie you MUST really focus in on it. There are alot of big key words to listen to, to know what he is trying to do. It almost seems like you need to know something about German politics during Hitler's reign. Know your history for this one, if not you are a fish out of water, you will have no clue what is going on if you don't.

I loved this movie, it was one of the best movies that I have ever seen. I highly recomend it to anyone who wants a good suspence/thiller/action/drama movie.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Word, DT! I've been wanting to see it, but I'll take in mind what you say! Very glad that you enjoyed it!

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
That's literally (within one or two movies) the only movie I haven't seen that is out...

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
So do they kill Hitler? :p

I actually wonder what would of happened if they did, surely world history would change. The question is would it of got better or worse?

miles

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
So do they kill Hitler? :p

I actually wonder what would of happened if they did, surely world history would change. The question is would it of got better or worse?
If I recall right this movie is based on historical facts.
There were a group of higher ups in the Nazi party who wanted to see Hitler dead. They ultimately failed in the end though. So I doubt Hitler dies in the movie.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
If I recall right this movie is based on historical facts.
There were a group of higher ups in the Nazi party who wanted to see Hitler dead. They ultimately failed in the end though. So I doubt Hitler dies in the movie.
I was making a joke.. We already pretty much know the ending just like we did with Titanic, we all knew the ship sinks. :p

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
I wanted to see it, but never got around to it last week. I'll try to see it next weekend. I've seen the previews, and it looks quite interesting to me.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
I was making a joke.. We already pretty much know the ending just like we did with Titanic, we all knew the ship sinks. :p
:eek:
Please use the spoiler tags!

You've ruined my movie night. :frown:

*Throws Titanic into the bin*

DotDotDot

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
It was a pretty good movie. But now I need to read up on what the real story is - not what I saw on the screen.

My only complaint about the movie was it was way too loud at the theater I saw it at.

Bambusa

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Am I the only one that thinks Tom Cruise should have at least attempted a german accent??? I mean, he's supposed to be a friggin Nazi, not an FBI agent.

Mysterious

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
Am I the only one that thinks Tom Cruise should have at least attempted a german accent??? I mean, he's supposed to be a friggin Nazi, not an FBI agent.
As a critic said, if he attempted the accent, they'd probably have all been complaining about his accent. I haven't seen the movie but I get the feeling unless it was entirely right on, he'd be criticized to no end for the accent failing. Just a pick your poison case I guess.

D

daria7483

There's actually a question on IMDB that addresses this. Tom Cruise is playing a character who is supposed to be speaking German. You should regard everything he says as an English interpretation of what the main character really was saying in German. Since he was playing a German person speaking translated German, and not a German person really speaking English, it made no sense to give him an accent.

Anyway, I went into the movie tonight mainly seeing it because my friends wanted to see it. Diaperedteenager is right that having some knowledge of German politics and the actual historical events would be helpful, but I was able to follow it fairly well. The main thing I had trouble with was remembering who was supporting Stauffenberg and who still supported Hitler. And I do have to admit I was surprised by the end. I knew going into the movie that they couldn't possibly have succeeded in killing Hitler since he committed suicide in 1945, but I thought they somehow managed to overthrow the Nazi regime anyway, leading to Hitler's suicide.

M

Mako

It raises an interesting question, what would have happened if they had succeeded? The movie was quite fascinating, though they never touched on the reason why hitler lived. The only reason hitler lived is because the bag was moved to the other side of the table leg, I think it was the discovery channel, did something on it where if the explosive had been where stauffenberg originally placed it, met in the original room, or had placed both explosive in the bag, even if it the secondary was not charged, hitler would have died. Instead, his pants were just blown off.

But man, don't you miss when the bad guys used to dress kinda sexy. Al-qaeda is so out of fashion.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
There's actually a question on IMDB that addresses this. Tom Cruise is playing a character who is supposed to be speaking German. You should regard everything he says as an English interpretation of what the main character really was saying in German. Since he was playing a German person speaking translated German, and not a German person really speaking English, it made no sense to give him an accent.
If that's the case then why did they have German accents in say Hogan's Hero's or any other WW2 era movies and tv shows? Anyways I highly doubt Tom Cruise can pull of any type of accent let alone a German one. The movie also suffers from the fact Tom is playing the lead role anyway. I haven't want to see him do anything since he pretty much publicly admitted he was insane and that he forced his wife into pretty much quitting acting and thus removing her from The Dark Knight. (though Maggie was better.)

Last edited:

Zekk

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Sissy
I heard it was a good movie and I want to see it. But I haven't seen it yet. Since I like history in school I watch the History Channel a lot. I have seen a lot of programs on WWII and the attempted assignation of Adolf Hitler in 1944. It is an interesting question to wonder just what would have happened if they would have succeeded. But I think by 1944 the Allies had decided that Germany must surrender unconditionally. So, the assignation of Hitler wouldn't have changed the war.

Status
Not open for further replies.