oliverfulldiaper

Est. Contributor
Messages
43
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I am going on a long vacation to many parts of europe, How can i manage diapers in hotels, and all the places one visits on vacation? which diapers are best for the plane, or just walking around in the heat of summer. Does anyone wear them to the beach?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Diprs2
No experience myself as I haven't been wearing that long. But the diapers are staying at home for my holiday. Hotels shouldn't be difficult if you have some small rubbish bags with you. The beach doesn't sound fun with sand, sun cream and a wet and sweaty wet nappy.
I am sure there are others on the forum who can give you some good advice.
For walking around a waist band cloth back should be better than plastic backed and free thighs are comfortable and cooler. It's 30 ° c in NL and my active fit is warm, sweaty and wety.🤣🤣
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: theancientmariner, Diprs2, Napincolove and 1 other person
Tenawearer said:
No experience myself as I haven't been wearing that long. But the diapers are staying at home for my holiday. Hotels shouldn't be difficult if you have some small rubbish bags with you. The beach doesn't sound fun with sand, sun cream and a wet and sweaty wet nappy.
I am sure there are others on the forum who can give you some good advice.
For walking around a waist band cloth back should be better than plastic backed and free thighs are comfortable and cooler. It's 30 ° c in NL and my active fit is warm, sweaty and wety.🤣🤣
I have not really traveled much since Covid so I cannot remember much but I know I was just starting to have a real problem a few years ago and found that if I put a very wet diaper in a bag then into the bathroom garbage can for housekeeping to deal with I would always leave a Tip on the counter. This was mostly on Checkout. Other times I would take my garbage bag down with me to the parking lot where there were always cans around for trash. I would dump it there along with the in car trash bag. I would also make sure I had a disposable bed pad under me at night.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Diprs2
Angelapinks said:
I have not really traveled much since Covid so I cannot remember much but I know I was just starting to have a real problem a few years ago and found that if I put a very wet diaper in a bag then into the bathroom garbage can for housekeeping to deal with I would always leave a Tip on the counter. This was mostly on Checkout. Other times I would take my garbage bag down with me to the parking lot where there were always cans around for trash. I would dump it there along with the in car trash bag. I would also make sure I had a disposable bed pad under me at night.
Good advice!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Diprs2 and Angelapinks
I assume that you are going to be renting a car? If you don't need any special printed diapers, you can get good quality medical diapers in Germany. Most pharmacies (look for a red A - Apotheke or Sanitätshaus) can order them within six hours if they don't have them on stock. Like Tena, Attends or Seni. That way you don't have to take that many with to start out with. You could also order online and have them delivered to the hotel if you know when you were be somewhere. If you have a rental car, you could keep two packs on spare in the trunk..
I would suggest buying a roll of garbage bags at a store. Most of the hotels don't have very big trash bins. You might want to ask for a bigger bin if you want to. But this would be a lot of explaining if you were going to a lot of places. People in Europe try to recycle everything and reduce the trash as far as possible. You will find trash cans when you get gas or go to McDonald's or whatever. Or on the freeway would be the best at the rest areas. Beware gas is very expensive here. If you rent a car get a diesel. They will save you lots of money on your travel. Or if you're up to it, you can get an electric car but I would only suggest that if you are a familiar with electric cars and have extra time to burn. Tesla has the best infrastructure here.
For your travel, I would definitely go with cloth back because your skin can breathe better that way but it's up to you. I always just wore Tena diapers on planes. Never had any issues with them. I wouldn't wear on the beach but that is me.... When are you going for how long and what parts of Europe are you planning on for travel? :)
Also, leaving tips in the hotels isn't really that easy because depending on where you're going some places don't even use cash anymore. It's usually just pay with your card. Also, if you go to a restaurant, don't expect to get free water, your water will cost almost as much as beer, so you might as well just drink beer :D
 
  • Like
Reactions: Diprs2
Jinks said:
I assume that you are going to be renting a car? If you don't need any special printed diapers, you can get good quality medical diapers in Germany. Most pharmacies (look for a red A - Apotheke or Sanitätshaus) can order them within six hours if they don't have them on stock. Like Tena, Attends or Seni. That way you don't have to take that many with to start out with. You could also order online and have them delivered to the hotel if you know when you were be somewhere. If you have a rental car, you could keep two packs on spare in the trunk..
I would suggest buying a roll of garbage bags at a store. Most of the hotels don't have very big trash bins. You might want to ask for a bigger bin if you want to. But this would be a lot of explaining if you were going to a lot of places. People in Europe try to recycle everything and reduce the trash as far as possible. You will find trash cans when you get gas or go to McDonald's or whatever. Or on the freeway would be the best at the rest areas. Beware gas is very expensive here. If you rent a car get a diesel. They will save you lots of money on your travel. Or if you're up to it, you can get an electric car but I would only suggest that if you are a familiar with electric cars and have extra time to burn. Tesla has the best infrastructure here.
For your travel, I would definitely go with cloth back because your skin can breathe better that way but it's up to you. I always just wore Tena diapers on planes. Never had any issues with them. I wouldn't wear on the beach but that is me.... When are you going for how long and what parts of Europe are you planning on for travel? :)
Also, leaving tips in the hotels isn't really that easy because depending on where you're going some places don't even use cash anymore. It's usually just pay with your card. Also, if you go to a restaurant, don't expect to get free water, your water will cost almost as much as beer, so you might as well just drink beer :D
Thanks for the advice, yes I am going to rent a car (v8) so be sure i already checked gas prices haha, I will start in munich and go down to the coast of italy, france and spain, It is a 2 month vacation I will go in 3 weeks. And im not really an abdl so i won't be needing printed diapers, just good quality ones to chill and relax while drinking at the juice bar.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Diprs2
Ok, make sure the rental car company knows that you are going to take the car in those countries. You might want to also take some proof from the rental company with you that you are allowed to take the car in those countries. Just in case...You will be fine with those brands in Germany that I mentioned. Not sure about the other countries....And München isn't really that far from there...
I hope you have a great trip and a wonderful vacation! Enjoy your time in Europe :)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Diprs2
Some non diaper advice. If you are going to the Adriatic coast be prepared for big mosquitoes, they can get you through jeans. Going to Venice? Book a hotel in the city, expensive but the locals will appreciate it. You don't want to be mistaken for the cruise ship day trippers who are not so popular!
Recomend Tuscany and Umbria, beautiful hill top towns. Perugia is a lovely city.
Whatever your plans have a great trip.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Angelapinks
Tenawearer said:
Some non diaper advice. If you are going to the Adriatic coast be prepared for big mosquitoes, they can get you through jeans. Going to Venice? Book a hotel in the city, expensive but the locals will appreciate it. You don't want to be mistaken for the cruise ship day trippers who are not so popular!
Recomend Tuscany and Umbria, beautiful hill top towns. Perugia is a lovely city.
Whatever your plans have a great trip.
thanks for the advice, but i already have everything planned
 
  • Like
Reactions: Angelapinks
oliverfulldiaper said:
thanks for the advice, but i already have everything planned
👍 Have a good holiday.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Angelapinks
oliverfulldiaper said:
I am going on a long vacation to many parts of europe, How can i manage diapers in hotels, and all the places one visits on vacation? which diapers are best for the plane, or just walking around in the heat of summer. Does anyone wear them to the beach?
diapered traveling is pretty easy just takes some planning ahead of time. diapered are not new to hotels and air travel so most staff have seen it before. always go with a premium diaper while traveling with more than enough changes in your carry on because air travel is unpredictable. hotels are simple individually wrap your used diapers for disposal. provide an extra tip to staff for the extra work and use a mattress protector on the bed to be safe. for long trips we have the diapers drop shipped to the hotel, but you would have to check ahead with the hotel if that is acceptable. travel industry staff are always there to assist so do not be afraid to let them know about your special needs just always be friendly and respectful. with summer heat i like a heavy duty cloth back style diaper like the little kings they are lite weight great absorbency and cooler. yes, i have worn to the beach both just a diaper and with shorts over top. know the beach and what would be acceptable. don't wear a standard diaper in the water it will fill up and come apart so a swim diaper for the water. have a great time
 
  • Like
Reactions: Angelapinks and Landro
In hotel is not a problem.
I am using room bin for used ABDL diapers and never have problems.
Also I don't want to hide my fresh diapers, my diapers are always on my room table.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Angelapinks
Back
Top