Using the toilet while wearing tape-ons

LePew

Staying dry in the city of rain
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Do any of you pull down or un-do your tape-ons and use the toilet sometimes? How do you do it? Pull them down, undo the tapes? Do you only tape them on loosely and rely on compression underwear when you expect to use the toilet?

Here's my use case - I'd like to dry wear a tape-on diaper and use the toilet to save my diaper for later use. Then once it becomes more convenient to use the diaper, I'd just do that. But once I pull it down, it's a pain to get it back on as neatly as it was on there originally and the tapes always stretch out a bit. If I take the tape off and re-tape it, it's pretty hard to line it up right (on a Tena Slip).

Is this something people here do? Lets discuss.

Reactions: BunnyFofo

craigd1341

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
While I love peeing In my diaper, I usually avoid pooping in it. The cleanup is sometimes too painful or not convient. One person here mentioned that you can sit on the toilet just pulling the back for your diaper down enough to poo. When i poo, I always pee. The diaper catches the pee and the toilet catch’s the poo. I usually wipe with toilet paper but if it’s a clean poop or just sometimes for fun I skip that and just let the diaper catch the cleanup.

Reactions: BunnyFofo, oldpppants and Diamond

Jg21101

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
No. Once I’m in my diaper I will just wet or mess myself. I wet the bed and usually don’t wake up but on the rare occasion I do I will just use my diaper anyway it’s easier.

Reactions: NorthwestDiaperDude, Seabear, BunnyFofo and 1 other person

dpcare

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I am incontinent so once my diaper is on it is on until it is used

Reactions: NorthwestDiaperDude, surprise35, chuck and 1 other person

bigtoddler96

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I don't like pulling down my diaper and peeing or pooping in the toilet when I can just do both in my diaper instead.

Reactions: NorthwestDiaperDude, Seabear and BunnyFofo

Napincolove

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Having a large waist it is easy for me to just pulll down my PUL pants then pull down my three stretch pants as one unit and shimmy my disposable down to my ankles.
Once ready I pull up my disposable and run one hand at a time horizontally across the inside of the Nappy and this action straightens one wing at a time ensuring the disposable is as it was when first put on, stretch pants up followed by PUL pants.

Reactions: BunnyFofo and Jorelaxed

Raven801

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
If on the off chance I'm right by a bathroom and am certain I can make it and my brief isn't that wet yes I'll pull it down... doesn't happen often

slimjiminy

Diabetes, type-2
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
LePew said:
Do any of you pull down or un-do your tape-ons and use the toilet sometimes? How do you do it? Pull them down, undo the tapes? Do you only tape them on loosely and rely on compression underwear when you expect to use the toilet?
Definitely! But it is probably easiest with cloth-backed diapers because you can retighten the tapes almost infinitely. I don't normally undo the tapes.

I often wear a cheap low volume cloth-backed brief during the day (like Tranquility SmartCore, or something cheaper like Equate) because most days, it will get discarded dry. These are about half the cost of my usual pull-ups. It is intended for urinary accident prevention and as a better-than-nothing F-IC protection, should that happen. I wear an underwear brief (like Haynes/Jockey) over top to act as a compression pant, because cloth-backed diapers do have a tendency to loosen. This is more comfortable than wearing a true compression pant.

For the toilet, I push the underwear and diaper brief down slightly at the front to start the process. Then I can push the underwear and diaper down at the back as it slides down over my buns. Sometimes I may need to repeat, usually without much fuss. The whole ensemble ends up down between my knees like normal underwear.

When done, reverse the process. If I find that things feel loose, I then take the underwear briefs down a bit and redo the tapes at the top. Often I finish with a snug pull up at the back to tighten the fit at the bottom of the diaper.

PaddedInHaslet

Straight Diaper Lover
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
This is why I love hybrid diapers like the Incontrol elite hybrids. You get the convenience of Velcro tapes, but with a plastic backed diaper. Unfastening to poop is super simple.

Reactions: BunnyFofo and Billybatts

SparkyDog

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
Only IC for urine
wiggle my hips and slide it down
reverse after using washroom
Boxer briefs help keep everything in place
Odd tape will pop but it's rare

ArchtopK

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I remove just the top right tape and carefully stick it back on the spot where it was when the diaper was new.
Now I can pull it down, use the toilet and pull it back up and reattach the one tape.

• Thinking
Reactions: AJFan2020, CLPP, BunnyFofo and 1 other person

diaperboy

Pronouns: he/him
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I didn't think about it that way, but I'm going to have to try it once I get more diapers in. I usually just put it on and go in my diaper because it's convenient in the moment. I only pee in mine though, I'm a little nervous about going poop in them.

LePew

Staying dry in the city of rain
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
PaddedInHaslet said:
This is why I love hybrid diapers like the Incontrol elite hybrids. You get the convenience of Velcro tapes, but with a plastic backed diaper. Unfastening to poop is super simple.
I like this idea. Got a sample of these, I'll give them a try this weekend when I go skiing

JaysonTheRegressor

DNI if NSFW
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Incontinent
  7. Other
I do this quite a bit! I try to extend my diaper use by not using them for the first few times
Especially before i got some cloth diapers because tape diapers can be costly
Sucks how the padding can dislodge and clump when it happens enough times tho

Reactions: BunnyFofo and tiron101

tiron101

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
  2. Other
I rarely re tape, but if I'm trying to keep it dry I will pull the front down (or whole thing for #2). Assuming I can get to the bathroom of course.

I don't tape up too tight for this reason. Also wear Tena slips a lot. It works pretty well.

Billybatts

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I retape on the blue second chance tapes sometimes. But it doesn’t always work as I want it too. I def don’t think I can slide it down because I put that baby on TIGHT lol.

BunnyFofo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
I'm always trying different diapers, but I've not had problems just pulling a tape on diaper down like underwear then pulling it back up.
I guess it depends on your body shape, how tightly you tape, if the diaper has elastics...

Reactions: diaperboy, messydiaper and Billybatts

Kbaby84

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
i am incontinet so i wear 24/7. i only have issues with urinary stuff. i do have urge incontinence on the bowls so.etimes it hits and i cam make it to the potty others i can't. if you are worried about waisting diapers, i would recomend switching velcro diapers from tykables. velcro allows you to adjust and take off your diapee and re-apply.

Reactions: surprise35 and BunnyFofo

pdiapered

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I have definitely done this before when I knew that my diaper was on its last wetting.! 😂

oldpppants

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
When I'm not ready to clean up after a poopie, I do sometimes sit on the potty, pull the back down, and as someone above said, peepee in the diapie and poopie in the potty. I sometimes wipe, but I'm not worried about fouling big-boy underpants so I don't worry about it too much, gonna shower anyway.

I also have worn a diapie to work for use on my way home when work was done so I'd unzip, untape one side, peepee in the potty or urinal, then tape back up until ready to potty in it.

Last edited: