Using the diaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redbird

Contributor
Anyone know how to get better at peeing when laying down? I just can’t seem to get it

I’m the same way. Only way I can pee when relaxed is standing. I can go laying down but I have to push and continue to do so.

It takes practice. Never push to pee though, I went down that road and it ends in a sudden cliff. You just have to keep trying to relax to pee. Eventually, and with time, you will be able to let go. Of course, you also need to be using diapers you can subconsciously trust will not leak while in any position. If your subconscious wont allow it then that will be an extremely difficult mental block to get over.

the only way to get easier is to do it over and over and over again

Reactions: Poofybutt
bambinod said:
the only way to get easier is to do it over and over and over again

I second this!

Whether it's wetting lying down or when crawling around, the only solution is practice, practice, practice 😄

It takes a lot of practice. Just relax, don't think about it at all, don't tense up at all and it will happen eventually.
It's really difficult to break the years of programming that your brain has had saying "don't pee now"

I have to get out of bed to pee. While doing that, I stretch to get rid of the joint pain. Getting old sucks.

Redbird said:
Anyone know how to get better at peeing when laying down? I just can’t seem to get it
I found it helps to get going about to pee then lay down
Over time it becomes easier

It’s very easy to me. On my back it’s pointed Down. My tummy pointed up and no problem going

Not to sound too zen about this, it's not about going in the diaper, but quieting the parts of your mind that is holding back.
With quality diapers that have a good capacity, I've noticed the second and third wettings are easier than the first.

Reactions: DillyBarBaby
For me it's about trust and the ability to relax, as well as practice. Having a good mattress protector helps, so that you know in the back of your mind that if it did leak, it's easy enough to clean up, I find that makes me less anxious. I started by hanging my butt off the bed but keeping my upper back on it, it was easier that way, and I was finally able to feely let go while laying in bed the other day which was great. Work up to it with baby steps, and drink a lot of water. Also distractions tend to help me, so I'll play a game on my phone to think about something else and it makes relaxing easier.

Reactions: ChocChip
I would agree that learning to trust your diaper is essential and that even though I've learned to go lying down quite readily I encountered difficulty when driving the other day. On the way home during about a 45 minute drive I thought I was going to burst before I finally managed to let go. It probably didn't help that the strong urge for a bowel movement was occurring at the same time. The first issue was settled about 10 minutes from home and the remaining issue after stepping on to my driveway. It made me appreciate my diaper as I'm sure I wouldn't have made it to a facility in time.

Reactions: ZoeGrace
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back