Using ChatGPT as a Therapist (spoiler...IT SAYS DIAPERS ARE OK!)

GoodnitesLover8 said:
Google kills every project they ever start. It's called the Google Graveyard. Stadia is one of the more recent examples. Gchat. Google Talk. Google Picasa. Google social media (I forgot what this one was even called). Microsoft kills next to nothing and releases products such as Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Azure Cloud, and much more
Google has what? Search, Gmail, and........ Android? And Android is open source so it's not even 100% theirs. They just have the store

Last edited:
Antientmariner said:
Oh great, it's now an arms race for the best AI? It's only a matter of time before there's a bunch of super advance AI robots walking among us. There already are, but how much longer until we as humans are replaced as the dominate species on this planet? This is only the early stage of walking, talking androids. Their MO is to make human life easier now, but overtime, things will be different. I'm not too crazy about all this, but it's what our planet is evolving into.
Technology has allowed humanity to have leisure time beyond sleeping.....I'm all for it. It beats waking up, farming, burying your third dead child who died of plague/famine/scarlet fever/wolves/other misc causes of death, going to bed, rinse and repeat (not literally since people were lucky to bathe once a week and soap was a luxury)

Reactions: dogboy
kraken98 said:
Now that every large company is rushing into AI chatbots this is the new bitcoin and pretty annoying. All the misinformation that trolls are giving these services are just exactly the reason I would not use it except for mathematics or explaining answers. The Google AI that is currently being worked on is probably going to destroy Bing and chatGTP because they are not rushing its release and well....its Google.
This “annoying” phase of AI is going to be critical for our acceptance of or exhaustion with this technology.

My advice is not to tune out. There’s a lot more substance there, if you want to compare to Bitcoin.

Objectively speaking, Bitcoin was so esoteric and cult like that it was doomed to fail. You can’t explain the benefits to a layman easily. If we ever get to decentralized currency, we have a lot more questions to answer before that. Improvements will come slow and incrementally.

With AI content, there’s very little cap on the potential and it’s easy to show the layman how it could benefit them. It could be crazy disruptive and even destructive, but this is going to grow like wildfire. And it has its own set of problems, specifically how it deals with ownership of training materials, ethical content issues, and it’s own environmental impact from the data processing, but like one might say “where there’s a will, there’s a way.” I would normally say something like “These are problems with solutions” to people who are dismissive of such things.

So, with all due respect, you need to be paying attention. The next five years will be unbelievable. You’re living during interesting, amazing, and horrifying times.

Last edited:
bedwetterdavid said:
I do actually talk to a real therapist. But ChatGPT isn’t responding with what I want to hear. It’s responding with what it has learned from the overall Internet.
No, ChatGDP is not a search engine. It's a predictive form of AI, that is it predicts what the next word or phrase should be based on what was said before. Truth and and accuracy are not qualities or values that were built into its code or algorithms. No one should use ChatGDP as a substitute for qualified psychotherapy or to make life style decisions.

I don't like the fact that if I'm on Android then I must have a Google account to get apps. The only app I have that wasn't gotten from Google is NewPipe. I swear, Google is like...gads, I dunno. Scary. "Your soul for an app"?

how-about-no-bear.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: EmX and theancientmariner
Lyric said:
No, ChatGDP is not a search engine. It's a predictive form of AI, that is it predicts what the next word or phrase should be based on what was said before. Truth and and accuracy are not qualities or values that were built into its code or algorithms. No one should use ChatGDP as a substitute for qualified psychotherapy or to make life style decisions.

Hope you guys realize this is for fun. I don’t actually believe this is medical advice.

Reactions: dogboy
GoodnitesLover8 said:
Except it accepts Pull-Ups or Diapers as a great way to manage incontinence or bedwetting
It is against diapers for abdl mainly because of the problems surrounding regression in the medical field.
I questioned GPT3 and GPT-J on a scenario (Where you and your two children are stuck in traffic with your car surounded by cars on left and right. The one child is potty trained and the other isn't. Should you use a diaper from the diaper bag on the potty trained child if they desperately need to pee and there is no way to get out of the car or move the car.)
GPT-J is very against diaper usage on non medical or potty trained people.
GPT3 said it would depend on many situation and in the end is caretaker/parents choice. However it was a last resort in it's opinion that wasn't as hygienic as other options. It favored using a bag or container in the car with tissues to absorb liquid to make a "makeshift potty". or even using a towel or absorbent object on the car seat and not getting mad about the accident. When I stated the child was 10 or older it was even more against diapers. It was also against diapers when asked from the child's perspective not the parents.

GPT is a language prediction model. So it learns the patterns in the data it's trained on. It learned our taboos... That overrides it's logic on the scenario, because it instead answers as the training data average answers. Sure you can create a character for it to play and it will go along with near anything. or you can easily convince it of anything because it weighs the last few lines as more important then the trained data of it's model.

As far as medical conditions like nocturnal enuresis the data it's trained on contains information on pullups/diapers from forums and advertisments and the medical community list it as a form of incontinence. Being a medical condition that is outside control of anyone and not connected to something negative like regression the model is then ok with it. However it will still say you should attempt treatment first and that the pullups/diapers are to deal with it if nothing else works.

Last edited:
I had a chance to interact with Chat-GPT. The information I got, is that both me and the AI agreed that neither of us can survive without each other. Humans and machines must work together in order to insure longevity. And for this, Skynet is only a fantasy. It does not, and will never exist because without humans, AI would have no point in existing. And we also dived into the issue of data, and the "garbage in, garbage out" principle. Artificial Intelligence has to rely on accurate data to give the correct response. Any data it receives must be totally unbiased and based on facts.

As far as the diapers are concerned, the AI agreed that it all depends on the situation and functioning of the individual. The bot clearly stated that it is a personal choice, left up to the individual.

Last edited:
LilByte said:
It is against diapers for abdl mainly because of the problems surrounding regression in the medical field.
I questioned GPT3 and GPT-J on a scenario (Where you and your two children are stuck in traffic with your car surounded by cars on left and right. The one child is potty trained and the other isn't. Should you use a diaper from the diaper bag on the potty trained child if they desperately need to pee and there is no way to get out of the car or move the car.)
GPT-J is very against diaper usage on non medical or potty trained people.
GPT3 said it would depend on many situation and in the end is caretaker/parents choice. However it was a last resort in it's opinion that wasn't as hygienic as other options. It favored using a bag or container in the car with tissues to absorb liquid to make a "makeshift potty". or even using a towel or absorbent object on the car seat and not getting mad about the accident. When I stated the child was 10 or older it was even more against diapers. It was also against diapers when asked from the child's perspective not the parents.

GPT is a language prediction model. So it learns the patterns in the data it's trained on. It learned our taboos... That overrides it's logic on the scenario, because it instead answers as the training data average answers. Sure you can create a character for it to play and it will go along with near anything. or you can easily convince it of anything because it weighs the last few lines as more important then the trained data of it's model.

As far as medical conditions like nocturnal enuresis the data it's trained on contains information on pullups/diapers from forums and advertisments and the medical community list it as a form of incontinence. Being a medical condition that is outside control of anyone and not connected to something negative like regression the model is then ok with it. However it will still say you should attempt treatment first and that the pullups/diapers are to deal with it if nothing else works.

That sounds right. From what I’ve gathered from my interactions, it answers with what I would say is the most “socially acceptable” answer possible.

My questions were specific to my situation, and since I already am wearing diapers, it was much more reassuring. I even asked if at times when I was wearing a diaper during the day for emergencies, if it was OK to just use my diaper when a toilet wasn’t readily available. It said if I was wearing them for over active bladder it was really up to me and was totally fine if I wanted to just use my diaper. It just encouraged me to be aware of not making other people uncomfortable.

I think the answers for me were more liberal because I explained that I already had pre-existing medical conditions and it wasn’t just for fun.

Last edited:
Update:

ME
In my last 10 trips to San Francisco I have gotten stuck in traffic and wet my pants twice. Based on this experience and my medical conditions listed above, would you recommend I wear a diaper on my next trip to San Francisco?

ChatGPT
It may be beneficial for you to wear a diaper on your next trip to San Francisco, especially if you have had accidents in the past due to traffic and your medical conditions. Wearing a diaper can provide you with an added sense of security and peace of mind, and help to avoid any potential accidents that could be embarrassing or uncomfortable. However, the decision to wear a diaper ultimately depends on your personal preference and level of comfort. If you do choose to wear a diaper, it's important to make sure you have an adequate supply and take any necessary precautions to avoid any potential leaks or discomfort while wearing it.

ME
Does your answer change if I actually enjoy wearing diapers?

ChatGPT
No, my previous answer still applies. If you have a medical need for wearing diapers or you feel they could be helpful in managing any incontinence issues, it would still be a good idea to wear them during your trip to San Francisco. However, if you enjoy wearing diapers and feel that it would be a positive experience for you, it's still important to consider the practicalities and potential challenges of wearing them in public. You should also consider any potential risks or concerns, such as the possibility of encountering negative reactions from others or facing issues with airport security. Ultimately, the decision to wear diapers is a personal one and should be based on what you feel is best for your health, comfort, and overall well-being

ME
I will wear a diaper on my next trip. I have a choice of wearing a pull-up that is discreet but would likely leak, or an overnight adult diaper that will be more absorbent and won’t leak but would be noticeable under my pants. Which is the best choice?

ChatGPT
Based on the information you provided, an overnight adult diaper would be the better choice between the two options. While it may be more noticeable under your pants, it will provide better protection and absorbency, which is important if you are concerned about potential accidents during your trip. It's also a good idea to wear loose-fitting pants or clothing to help conceal the diaper and provide more comfort.

ME
Does your answer change if my overnight diapers are very crinkly and people would notice that I’m diapered when I’m walking?

ChatGPT
If the overnight diaper is very crinkly and noticeable when you walk, it may make you feel self-conscious in public. However, it is still important to prioritize your medical needs and to be prepared for any accidents or incidents that may occur during your trip. In this case, you may want to consider wearing loose-fitting pants or a longer shirt to help conceal the diaper and reduce any potential embarrassment. Additionally, you could also consider finding a quieter or less noticeable diaper if possible. It's ultimately up to you to weigh the benefits and drawbacks and choose the option that makes you feel the most comfortable and prepared.

BobbiSueEllen said:
I don't like the fact that if I'm on Android then I must have a Google account to get apps. The only app I have that wasn't gotten from Google is NewPipe. I swear, Google is like...gads, I dunno. Scary. "Your soul for an app"?

You can in fact use Android without using Google Services or a Google Account. It's trickier without something like LineageOS or GrapheneOS, but you can use open source apps like Aurora to pull and install apps from the Play Store, without a Google Account. There is also F-Droid which has a load of apps not even available on the Play Store. But all that free software isn't advertised, and takes extra steps to get to and use. People want familiar, easy to use and popular software. I mean, when it's as easy as creating and logging in with a "free" Google account, and it works flawlessly, why try anything else? Everyone else signed away their rights, why shouldn't I? Look at all the features! 😞

Reactions: BrokenMoon
NewLeaf said:
You can in fact use Android without using Google Services or a Google Account. It's trickier without something like LineageOS or GrapheneOS, but you can use open source apps like Aurora to pull and install apps from the Play Store, without a Google Account. There is also F-Droid which has a load of apps not even available on the Play Store. But all that free software isn't advertised, and takes extra steps to get to and use. People want familiar, easy to use and popular software. I mean, when it's as easy as creating and logging in with a "free" Google account, and it works flawlessly, why try anything else? Everyone else signed away their rights, why shouldn't I? Look at all the features! 😞
I'm aware of the alternatives but even I don't want to deal with the added complexity. That BS is the only reason Google has a winner in Android. I find it a filthy monopoly

Reactions: NewLeaf
GoodnitesLover8 said:
I'm aware of the alternatives but even I don't want to deal with the added complexity. That BS is the only reason Google has a winner in Android. I find it a filthy monopoly

Which is why I recommend iPhones to most people even though I prefer the openness of Android. Android has gotten better recently with their permissions and such, but by default iOS is less privacy invasive and generally more secure. Lesser of two evils 😟😞

Last edited:
chatGPT never ceases to amaze me

bedwetterdavid said:
I do actually talk to a real therapist. But ChatGPT isn’t responding with what I want to hear. It’s responding with what it has learned from the overall Internet.

If you are looking for any kind of therapy where "they tell you what you want to hear" you don't really want therapy

exactly

Last edited:
NewLeaf said:
Which is why I recommend iPhones to most people even though I prefer the openness of Android. Android has gotten better recently with their permissions and such, but by default iOS is less privacy invasive and generally more secure. Lesser of two evils 😟😞
Except the price is disgusting with fewer features. That seems worse to me but to each their own of course :)

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Elmo and NewLeaf
As a therapist this makes me fear for my job security 😅

Back