User names containing spaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinorider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So, it seems one cannot request a user name containing spaces via the CP. Nothing weird about that really, but the thing is, I've seen quite a few people with spaces in their names around the forums.

I never tried registering such a name, so I don't know how it's handled on a new registration. Am I correct in assuming that names containing spaces can only be created when registering a new account?

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
No you're not correct. It used to be able, now it isn't anymore. Not when requesting a new name and also not when making a new account.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
No, it's due to the technical problems it brings.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
  5. Other
It causes issues with the software, I think it's to do with the wiki integration.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
How about stopping people from creating user names with the words "baby" or "diaper" or "wet" in them?

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
  5. Other
How about stopping people from creating user names with the words "baby" or "diaper" or "wet" in them?

This has been suggested before, but people tend to reply that this simply makes it harder to recognise creepy people.
You know what you're getting with 'wetbaby203', but if he goes by 'Jeff' then his creepiness will instead have to slowly creep up on you...

Plus denying usernames with those words would be damaging to background checking.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Yes, let's keep security simple as much as possible for as long as possible. People make silly security errors, easy giveaways. I won't mention any because I know that even really really simple things can be valuable.

B

Butterfly Mage

That is so true about creepy usernames that have numeric suffixes -i- those users don't tend to last too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.