use a hair dryer on your diaper!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Got your attention didn't I? Yes I'm serious. I just had some inspiration this evening after accidentally getting a tape way too loose and unable to move it because it wasn't on a taping panel. (and wasn't a 2-chance tape)

So I thought what the heck, lets see if a hair dryer will loosen the adhesive enough to get the tape off without tearing the diaper. And by golly it works. Put the hair dryer on low speed hot, and hold it about 3" from the tape, while gently pulling to peel it off, as much as you can without starting to stretch the material it's stuck to. After 5-10 sec you should start to get it moving. Go slow. Takes about 15-20 sec total to peel off the tape.

Some of the adhesive will be left on the diaper where the tape was, so this works better for tightening things because you'll be overlapping the sticky spot you've created. The tape may not stick as well as it did before, but it works good enough.

Keep an eye on the tape till you stick it back down, don't let it touch anything, even its regular backing. It'll be crazy sticky with the adhesive warmed up like that, it's like warm gum.

Krizzle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Carer
Hehe. Good to know. I wish I had known that earlier, mostly because last night I fell asleep in my drenched diaper I had been put in and one of the tapes came loose and instead stuck to my leg. I thought it had just broken off like it has in the past, so I just laid my arm over it so it would keep the tension on and the diaper would slide off. When I went to take it off this morning and change, the tape ripped off a good deal of skin. x.x;

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Just a word of warning. Do not use the hair dryer trick on wet diaper. Good God the smell just gets horrid. Dont ask me how I know this...

KitsBunny

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
That hairdryer trick's a great idea! I never thought of that. It's useful for escape without ruining the diaper! Dunno if I really wanna be able to escape tho. :laugh:

Amaranth

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
And knowing is half the battle! I'm sure this will come in handy sooner or later! Thanks!

CuddleWoozle

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Never thought about using a hairdryer to get the tapes off.

You know, I think I'd be too afraid of melting the diaper or setting it on fire. (And as humorous as that mental image is, I don't think I'd want it to happen to me in real life.)

Obviously you're not blasting it with heat. I'm just paranoid. ;)

matty0807

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
i never thought of this before. if a tape wasnt put on right i would either leave it or put another diaper on over it. INGENIOUS

Peachy

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
Warmth on plastic?! Get too closed and you don't have to worry about shaving your pubes any more for a while, except that you'll probably be the main subject of discussion of your local fire brigade after they've showed up to hose down your ...male hose because it was on fire :tongueout:

Besides, if you remove the tapes with a hair dryer, chances are the tapes won't stick any more

Leuleu

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I've never had them taped down that good off of the plastic to where I couldn't get them off myself. Soon as I put them on, if I miss the plastic panel I'm hurrying to get it off.

Grutzvalt

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Does a heat gun work similarly? It's like a hair dryer but it's about 700 degrees Fahrenheit.

KitsBunny

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
I've never had them taped down that good off of the plastic to where I couldn't get them off myself. Soon as I put them on, if I miss the plastic panel I'm hurrying to get it off.

The tapes on Depends Maximum protection diapers won't come off once they've been stuck on for about a minute. Once you're in, you're stuck; that diaper's not going to be good for anything else. It's actually something I like about them.

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

Does a heat gun work similarly? It's like a hair dryer but it's about 700 degrees Fahrenheit.

I hope you're not serious. I imagine that would be like putting a hot knife through butter. I don't think that a hair dryer has much chance of setting a diaper on fire; but this might! Even if it doesn't start to flame, it'll smoke and the smell of burning plastic is horrid.

ManicMunchkin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Warmth on plastic?! Get too closed and you don't have to worry about shaving your pubes any more for a while, except that you'll probably be the main subject of discussion of your local fire brigade after they've showed up to hose down your ...male hose because it was on fire :tongueout:

Besides, if you remove the tapes with a hair dryer, chances are the tapes won't stick any more

Oh snap, Peachy double posted! Tsk, tsk.

Cool trick, dude, I'll have to try it out some time.

Goodnites11

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Other

Hahaha, I loled when I read this. 700 degrees on plastic/paper sounds like a recipe for disaster.

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover

If that were true we'd all be lighting our heads on fire ;) And no, the tapes aren't ruined once removed. They appear to stick just about as well actually, which was surprising, considering they'd clearly left some of their adhesive behind.

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

Most heat guns let you select a hot and a cooler temp, and have a high and a low fan speed. Set it to cooler temp, higher speed, for cooler air. Hold farther from the diaper if necessary. Otherwise works the same.

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

The tapes on Depends Maximum protection diapers won't come off once they've been stuck on for about a minute. Once you're in, you're stuck; that diaper's not going to be good for anything else. It's actually something I like about them.

Please give it a try first before dismissing the idea. My test was on abenas, which are seriously hard to remove, immediately, due to the very sticky adhesive and very thin soft shell that tears very easily. Let us know how this idea work for your diapers.

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

(and if anyone cares, I came up with this trick because I've repaired numerous ipod touches, and they use adhesive to hold the glass on the front, and require a heat gun to soften it up to replace it)

KitsBunny

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
Please give it a try first before dismissing the idea. My test was on abenas, which are seriously hard to remove, immediately, due to the very sticky adhesive and very thin soft shell that tears very easily. Let us know how this idea work for your diapers.

I wasn't dismissing your idea. I was responding to what Coritou said. In fact, I think your trick would probably work. That's pretty clever.

The abenas sound like they might be fun. Maybe I'll give them a try if I get the courage to order something online.

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
I would totally burn myself somehow... Set the diaper on fire...

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I would totally burn myself somehow... Set the diaper on fire...

try emailing the manufacturer, "Ya I was just contacting you to see what the fire rating on your diapers is?" lol

I can see the reply.... "Sir, if you are pissing gasoline, we recommend seeing your doctor"

KitsBunny

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
try emailing the manufacturer, "Ya I was just contacting you to see what the fire rating on your diapers is?" lol

I can see the reply.... "Sir, if you are pissing gasoline, we recommend seeing your doctor"

I know someone who accidentally swallowed some gasoline after siphoning from a tank. The doctor said to just let it pass through. It did pass through. It didn't come out in pee, but it did go the other way.

(I'm not sure why the doctor said to do this. He might have chosen to give this advice because the amount of gasoline that was swallowed was very small. Make sure that you see a doctor if you swallow some gasoline sometime. Swallowing gasoline can be fatal. Gasoline is known to cause cancer too.)

Don't siphon gasoline; especially if you're going to be trying the hair dryer trick. :eek:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.