[US] In-store reccomendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

embarassaedandashamed

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
New DL here, btw

I've heard a lot of people reccomending/talking about bambinos, and I'm still thinking about giving them a try (although I still live at home and even though they offer free discreet shipping, the thought still scares me)

Was just wondering if anyone had any reccomendations of adult diapers from major retailers (target, walmart, etc.) that I could get ASAP.

Thanks and much love

I used to be able to recommend Depends Protection with Tabs (after applying some caveats). They changed to clothlike covers and returned to plastic backed after a year of angry customer comments. Unfortunately, they weren't quite the same when they came back and the tapes are less reliable than they were. If one were desperate and wanted plastic backed, that's still about the only chain store option and it's only at certain chain stores (Rite Aid, for one).

There are diapers with clothlike covers that are at a similar level but I can't really speak to them as they're unappealing to me. If those will do it for you, perhaps someone else will have a suggestion on those.

Are you looking for pull-ups, tape-ons, or either one?

Obviously, nothing in a (North American) retail store will do as well as "real" adult diapers. The velcro-tab cloth-backed adult diapers from WalMart, Walgreens, CVS are all the same exact product. I can't really recommend them. Walmart has some 2-tab (one tab per side) cloth-back diapers that I like for aesthetic reasons, but they dont hold much either.

There are some decent options for adult pull-ups, though. I like Always Discreet pull-ups, classic cut, maximum absorbency. Partially out of nostalgia, from my early ABDL days. I also recommend Tena brand pull-ups. You should still be able to get them at CVS. They hold a decent amount and they swell and bulk up nicely like GoodNites.

I dont know the details of your living situation, but unless there would be severe consequences if your diapers were discovered, I would just order online. My daily diapers are Abena M4s. I get them from Amazon and they have always arrived in plain Amazon packaging.

Best of luck!

Agreed, I have never seen anything that I knew is halfway decent at a chain grocery store or pharmacy.

I mean a store specializing in Incontinence may have something halfway decent (from what I hear anyways) ; but still the best adult sized Diapers are mostly an online thing (unless you live close to an ABDL Storefront, which is in some major cities).

Before I got into ABDL Diapers I got cases of several different brands of tabbed diapers.

one was a variety of Tena (I didn't care for it because the plastic was so thin and easy to tear)

I also tried Molicare (a solid performer at the time, but not close to one of the best) , Abena M4s (which I liked a lot)

Dry 24/7 which was also quite good

and lastly Seni Quatro (which were pretty amazing, even being Cloth Backed they worked really good, absorbed a lot, swelled good and they had an interesting version of Velcro tabs that had a bendy joint to them)

It is remotely possible some stores (maybe Pharmacies or Incontinence stores) carry some of these (maybe Molicare or Abena at best) , but I wouldn't exactly look around in those stores for them.

Regardless ordering online gives you a much wider range of much better diapers

Last edited:
As has been said, buying online is the way to go. But, my first time, I bought the Depends with Protection at Rite Aid and it served it's purpose. If you have no other options, that could be a way to go. I have since bought some ABDL diapers, and now I am spoiled and the Depends don't even come close. I have bought from Bambino, and they use FedEx to ship. One of their options, you can have FedEx hold the package at one of their locations for you to pick up. I tried this and it works well. Problem is they have limited locations to do the drop ship. Also, Amazon has some locker locations they can ship to, but I have not tried this option yet.

The other thing is, remember a lot of places now offer ship to store. So you can find things like abenas on staples.com or other diapers on walmart.com and have them shipped to the respective store for pick up. Think walgreens and cvs do it as well. Mind you, they will be medical diapers and not quite abdl, but some are better than nothing.

Edit: I also forgot to add that Northshore also offers a type of ship to store option though fedex. Might check them out and see what options are for you.

Last edited:
You can get abena and tranquility shipped to Walmart for free. I get m4s and their boosters shipped there and go pick them up at customer service. I looked at Northside but I liked the idea of free shipping.

Last edited:
Agreed, nothing even half-decent in major stores. You might be able to find a half-decent diaper in a medical supply store, but even then you will have to call around to find one. For decent, or better yet premium diapers, you will need to order them online. Northsore is great, as is ABU.

Bambinos is an ok diaper, but not premium. PeekABU or ABU simples (basically the same vs prints) will be better. In my opinion, Betterdry or Crinkz (my favorite but functionally the same a betterdry) is currently the best out there though.

Tena Super Breifs are a lot like baby diapers. They are cloth and have tabs; you put them on just like a baby diaper. They hold plenty and feel nice.

Here in Canada they sell them at Wal-Mart and at Shoppers Drug Mart; and most all pharmacies. Be sure to get them on sale they should be $12-$20 for a pack.

The added benefit today is that many retailers offer self checkout, grab the pack, head to the scanner, scan and put in bag right away!

download (1).jpg

Last edited:
In terms of store bought, if you can find them go for Tena or ATN.

A semi decent diaper I like in a pinch is the Walgreens tabbed disposable. Don't expect it to reliably hold more than 1 1/2 wettings or so though.

Do you have transportation? NorthShore offers ship to holding location that you can take advantage of. They're much better than anything you can get at a store if you don't mind waiting for shipping.

What I like to do and have done before is ship my diapers to a nearby Walgreens and keep my package in my car's trunk until everyone has gone to sleep or leaves the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back