Urinary IC... Shave down there?

UnderTheRadar

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
If you are UIC do you shave down there?

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and Deleted member 39574
I do. More routinely vs every few days. I've always been prone to jock itch and rashing and shaving seems to help

Reactions: Joeysms, Diprs2, Edgewater and 1 other person
Yes. Helps with clean up and odor control.

Reactions: JolandaH, Joeysms, LifeInPlastic and 3 others
I'm in a chair and constantly wrapped
It is indeed a fact more sanitary to get rid of the hair. My wife found this out from a relative that is a nurse. One of the things she did say it breaks down to a personal preference but it is easier as well as quicker to clean the area with out a full wash being done.
Shaving ppl need to be very careful not to get nicks and need to make sure that the pores are closed before diapering. Be careful using a alcohol based product to close the pores. Cold water can help but the pores still need time to close. It was some time later she instructed my wife on the usage of a IPL this is semi permanent at first but after a few usages no more hair. If your older gray or blond hairs aren't as easy to get rid of.

Reactions: Diprs2, bdale and Edgewater
bdale said:
Yes. Helps with clean up and odor control.
Totally agree. Its a bit itchy when you start shaving but if you do it regularly it makes it much easier to stay clean and keep the urine smell under control.

Reactions: Diprs2, diaperdude, Dallasinc and 2 others
Full agree and have been doing it for a very long time!

FYI: Select a Ladies Shaver, one of those with five blades and a protective curved smooth plastic edge around them. Not the typical square handle and head like a guys shaver. Yes, use shaving cream!! Also, light pressure, and you should limit the number of strokes as the more you drag the blades across sensitive skill the more self-inflicted pain your will feel later.

I schedule a skin drying period after a shower and shave! That time allows the skin to become comfortable with being hairless!

Reactions: Diprs2 and bdale
I used to shave. Now I simply trim my privates. I don't worry about shaving burn on my skin. It does the same thing, It keeps me clean and reduce odor. Especially for BM accidents. I get as close as I can get without getting any burn. The whole point is to be really clean. Why shave if you can do the same thing without shaving? No irritation.

Reactions: RoseofThorns, EcoIncon, forevertoddler and 1 other person
Usually yes for 2 reasons 1 bacteria can breed in your pubes and 2 you save a lot of money on powder

Reactions: Diprs2 and UnderTheRadar
UnderTheRadar said:
If you are UIC do you shave down there?
Also it's just at night for me... So is it worth it?

Reactions: Diprs2
When I was only nighttime Incontinent I just close trimmed. I started shaving when I became full time Incontinent.
It is personal choice.

Reactions: Edgewater, Diprs2 and UnderTheRadar
I just keep it as smooth as I can with a manscaping tool. No razors for me…anywhere! Have worn a beard for all of my adult life.

Reactions: RoseofThorns, Diprs2 and Edgewater
Yes shaved down there, helps keep nice clean

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
Yeah just shave it off and clean up is much easier. Also it looks much better as well.
I shave when I’m in the shower using body soap. Nothing special and is simple and easy.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and bdale
I do shave her down there

Reactions: Edgewater and Diprs2
Had this hairy pest professionally removed with laser therapy. Costly and painful but I do not regret it.

Cheers

Reactions: diaperdude and Diprs2
I keep everything trimmed and I haven't noticed any issues. I used to shave it all off, but I knicked myself with the razor a couple times. I shower everyday so smells aren't a problem.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
pretty the same as everyone else wrote yes i have found trimming and shaving is better for the skin, cleanup, and smell. added plus it makes the area more sensitive. for shaving manscape has a great razor for shaving the pubic hair that reduces the risk of nicks.

Reactions: Diprs2, TheBlueHeron and Edgewater
Trim. Shaving can be a nightmare of issues, and being totally bald down there just weirds me out.

Reactions: Diprs2 and forevertoddler
Trimming, not shaving. It's so sensitive down there, I always get razor burn and then when I'm wet it hurts and burns really badly.

Reactions: Diprs2, EcoIncon and CrossfireHurricane
I have shaved for years. It's just easier to clean and has a huge impact on odor reduction. Before IC issues I always trimmed, but now I shave shave. I also shave my pits for the same reason, I use so little deodorant and my pits stay fresher, longer. I am using an IPL on my pits to permanantly remove that hair. If that's successful I may continue with other areas I want to be hair free. I'm a little nervous about using IPL on or near my bits, though.

Reactions: Diprs2
Back