Urgency incontinence

Severe IBS and oab and painful bladder and some neurological issues.... Used to try to make it all the time now I'm just over it I wear diapers and if I'm not next to a bathroom I'm not going to suffer the pain of fighting for the small chance I'd make it .... Besides trying and suffering just to fail and end out needing to change was really messing me up mentally.

Reactions: Edgewater and Diprs2
Raven801 said:
Severe IBS and oab and painful bladder and some neurological issues.... Used to try to make it all the time now I'm just over it I wear diapers and if I'm not next to a bathroom I'm not going to suffer the pain of fighting for the small chance I'd make it .... Besides trying and suffering just to fail and end out needing to change was really messing me up mentally.
I'm so sorry 😞 I have to be very careful when I eat because even drinking water sets off my stomach. IBS we both know we wouldn't ever wish that on anyone. I want to cry because I understand that pain way to well 🥺...😪

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater, Diprs2 and Raven801
BlameBaby said:
I'm so sorry 😞 I have to be very careful when I eat because even drinking water sets off my stomach. IBS we both know we wouldn't ever wish that on anyone
Indeed I can't eat or drink with out living in fear for an hour or so but that being said having protection you can trust and just live your life ...I have ...just keep changing supplies on hand and it is what it is ...must say urinary ic wasn't so bad and for years bathrooms ruled my existence now I can watch a whole movie or sleep through the night and honestly I was to the point of being a shut in fearing accidents. Diapers give me freedom and less pain .... honestly wish I would've started wearing sooner ....I wore off and on for many years and there was probably 6 years of suffering that I wasted sitting home.
Been 247 for about 3 years now won't go back....

Raven801 said:
Indeed I can't eat or drink with out living in fear for an hour or so but that being said having protection you can trust and just live your life ...I have ...just keep changing supplies on hand and it is what it is ...must say urinary ic wasn't so bad and for years bathrooms ruled my existence now I can watch a whole movie or sleep through the night and honestly I was to the point of being a shut in fearing accidents. Diapers give me freedom and less pain .... honestly wish I would've started wearing sooner ....I wore off and on for many years and there was probably 6 years of suffering that I wasted sitting home.
Been 247 for about 3 years now won't go back....
I was a bed wetter since a child so it didn't don on me that they were bad. Soooo ten years later the other day I did something terrible wellll when no one was around. I completely wet my bed on purpose to remind myself what it felt like. The feelings crept in like a little child again was I in heaven :) but then again I had to wait a hour for the washer to quit spinning and pop them into the dryer.. its fun.... As long as I knew I had a incontinent cover on. I am fully aware of what I did even though I'm fully incontinent.. sorry for the Canadian/brittish accent 😆

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
BlameBaby said:
I was a bed wetter since a child so it didn't don on me that they were bad. Soooo ten years later the other day I did something terrible wellll when no one was around. I completely wet my bed on purpose to remind myself what it felt like. The feelings crept in like a little child again was I in heaven :) but then again I had to wait a hour for the washer to quit spinning and pop them into the dryer.. its fun.... As long as I knew I had a incontinent cover on. I am fully aware of what I did even though I'm fully incontinent.. sorry for the Canadian/brittish accent 😆
I didn't wet the bed as a child it wasn't until I started having chronic kidney stones when I was 19 and then I got a UTI and then problems cropped up over the years stone after stone UTI after UTI then I went septic several times and ended up in the hospital and the episodes of uic lasted longer and longer until I had kidney surgery for the 3rd time and then bladders surgery over a severe urinary stricture and then things went down hill then the inside came out of nowhere and well that was a shocker ...but I'm making the best of it now ... wasn't for years so 🤔🤙

• Love
I’ve had occasional to regular accidents my entire life. Daytime urinary IC became much worse about 19 years ago after I was hospitalized with a bout of kidney stones. Because of my severe frequency and urgency, I’ve been wearing diapers 24/7 ever since. These days it’s rare that I pee in the toilet. If I’m airing out at home for a brief period and not diapered, then there is a better than 50% chance I’ll pee on the floor, especially if I’m washing dishes 😅

I have about 3 BMs per day. On an IBS flare up day, it could be as many as 7. Yeah, no fun. Because of my bowel urgency I have wide range of messy diapers per week. In the last year, most of my BMs have been in my diaper.

• Haha
Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192, Edgewater, Diprs2 and 1 other person
BlameBaby said:
I was a bed wetter since a child so it didn't don on me that they were bad. Soooo ten years later the other day I did something terrible when no one was around. I completely wet my bed on purpose to remind myself what it felt like. The feelings crept in like a little child again was I in heaven :) but then again I had to wait a hour for the washer to quit spinning and pop them into the dryer.. its fun.... As long as I knew I had a incontinent cover on. I am fully aware of what I did even though I'm fully incontinent..

Eclectic said:
I’ve had occasional to regular accidents my entire life. Daytime urinary IC became much worse about 19 years ago after I was hospitalized with a bout of kidney stones. Because of my severe frequency and urgency, I’ve been wearing diapers 24/7 ever since. These days it’s rare that I pee in the toilet. If I’m airing out at home for a brief period and not diapered, then there is a better than 50% chance I’ll pee on the floor, especially if I’m washing dishes 😅

I have about 3 BMs per day. On an IBS flare up day, it could be as many as 7. Yeah, no fun. Because of my bowel urgency I have wide range of messy diapers per week. In the last year, most of my BMs have been in my diaper.

Don't even speak of a public toilet there sickening I'll tell you they are straight the devil. How in the actual do they still exist. They are sickening & they have seen more butt than the average Joe it makes me want to choke up just near thinking about it 🤢 what are they a plain for health care.. I will tell yah ter bud there isn't nothing like a good outside outhouse.. are you kidding there haha.. no way just no way.. ok that was Irish/Canadian/brittish.. mix with a wee bit of American

Last edited:
Eclectic said:

Seriously sounds like I wrote that we are definitely kindred spirits lol

• Haha
Reactions: Edgewater, BlameBaby and Diprs2
I have to have a nappy on all day as I'm hit by urge inco several times a day. Never wet the bed though but as soon as I stand up it pours out so it's nappies 24/7. The biggest triggers for me are cold and the sound of running water. I have to have a nappy on even when I'm cleaning my teeth as the sound of water triggers it every time. Same for washing up. Messing happens sometimes too with occasional IBS. I've been in some bad situations without a nappy because of it.

Reactions: Brumas94, Edgewater and Diprs2
Raven801 said:
Seriously sounds like I wrote that we are definitely kindred spirits lol
Yep, I didn’t even see your reply till after I posted mine. 😄

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater
Well, I started having urge Incon while working in Afghanistan mind you only occasionally wore diapers prior whenever I could so as not to get caught by the vanilla world. I did manage to keep from wetting myself. Many times, I would run behind a truck or whatever to pee. Then one day a section of the camp that people had pulled out I found some pee pants on top of all the trash it was almost a full bag of pants. I managed to get them to my room. A month or so later I got sick as a dog I could not get out bed my stomach was tore up. The latrines were several yards away from the tent, so I went through that bag of pee pants in the week I was sick. My urge incontinent got worse I came home and managed it sort of. In Nov. of 2020 I got Covid and a while in a coma. When I woke up, I had a catheter stuck in me. When you buzzed the nurses because I was in quarantine area, they had to gown up etc. I could not hold it. The nurse asked me how long I could wait I said about 10 seconds after I buzzed so she asked me if I would wear diapers as I was wetting the bed even with the pee pads. I said yes! So then it was pee pants with baby diapers in them to keep from wetting my pants. Then one weekend I had a meeting out of town for days in a hotel. I stopped and bought some diapers to keep from wetting in meetings or on the Hotel bed. I some back home and whenever I would go out to the store I would wear or on long trips. I now told my wife after the two of heading out of town for a day trip I did not wear a diaper and wet myself. We turned around and I cleaned up and put a diaper on and now I wear 24/7 I most times I do not feel myself wetting the diaper until it drips around in the diaper. And yes, on occasions it does get me excited wearing a wet diaper as an adult. The wife knows I wear diaper and Plastic Pants and yes, I other times of my life I wore for pleasure and enjoyed diapers be they the real thing or makeshift. I have now worn diapers 24/7 for 3 months. I now have a monthly shipment to the house of diapers maybe sometime down the road I will get Cloth Diapers as there was a time in life, I wore for pleasure not a need. Now I wear for need. Websites like this one and Tumbler make me realize I am not alone in this Adult Diapering World Thank You all for speaking up and talking about this subject of Incontinence and Diapers and Plastic Panties. My only other wish is my wife would help me and be a little more involved.

I have both but I mostly have urinary incontinence. It can be anywhere from 10 times to 50 times a day depending on how flared up my interstitial cystitis is that day. But the fecal IC is the one that affects my life the most. I can have as little as a few times a month to several times a week. I have a severe case of gastroparesis and take a regular dose of miralax to keep things moving. If my colon stops moving even for a day it will stop my stomach and it could take over a week or more to get my stomach to empty again. Sometimes it bites me in the butt. But living with incontinence is far easier than the bloating and nausea of living with GP.

Reactions: Ceary, Edgewater, Diprs2 and 1 other person
UIC, little leaks probably 10-12 times a day. It's not usually much but enough to need protection. Occasionally I'll try to go without and within an hour I feel damp, and skin in groin area feels irritated. Not heavy volume but constant

Whitechocolate said:
I have probably 3-4 accidents a day. Strangely enough i find the colder outside it is the more frequent i have accidents.. anyone else experience this?
Same

Reactions: Diaperman95, Edgewater, Deleted member 39574 and 1 other person
Whitechocolate said:
I have probably 3-4 accidents a day. Strangely enough i find the colder outside it is the more frequent i have accidents.. anyone else experience this?
Yes I thinks its very commonplace to suffer urge IC incidents when the weather is cold. Ive read that its because we sweat less and therefore produce more urine in cold weather. But I also wonder if its because our muscles react differently in the cold?

Reactions: Diaperman95, Whitechocolate, Neroforte and 3 others
mikesecret said:
Yes I thinks its very commonplace to suffer urge IC incidents when the weather is cold. Ive read that its because we sweat less and therefore produce more urine in cold weather. But I also wonder if its because our muscles react differently in the cold?
I agree, I believe it’s because our muscles tend to be a lot more tense and cold weather.

Reactions: Diprs2, Neroforte and Edgewater
Too many times a day!, between dribbles and sudden small void urges. Mainly urinary with unpredictable ibs flareups.

Reactions: Neroforte, Diprs2 and Edgewater
A car crash near 5 decades ago that left me with little to no control day or night , which began the long road of learning to live with the many methods of controlling flow and storing it. The issues with tube and bag, and the failures when out and about had with the guidance of my dear wife brought me to cloth diapers and diaper covers (plastic pants). Trying many disposables and lots of novelty covers /holders over the years, while living an active life has brought me to now; Cloth diapers and diaper covers during the day, of varying layers depending of length of time out and about and MEGAMAX with their diaper cover at night.

Living in the Great White North has provided me with lots of winter time stories. What I found is that if one stays indoors 24/7 there is no differences between times of year. Since, I could never live that way; I find the vast change in temperature (steady state indoor, much colder outside) likely causes the body to switch to crating more body heat, which results in the extraction of water from the body as blood flow increases and I will let the medical experts handle the rest. And once, inside again, the need to replace all the water is felt shortly after one is inside.

Reactions: Neroforte and Diprs2
I've always been IC. It's complicated. During sleep I have no feeling with accidents. Most of my FIC happens while sleeping. But I do strong urge BM accidents when I get up. During the day UIC is all over the place. All of the daytime UIC is for strong urgency. I stopped trying to hold it (somewhat painful if I hold it) so I just let it go. I don't have a lot of FIC during the day but they do happen. Internal deodorants are my friend.

Reactions: Diprs2, Neroforte, cantwait and 1 other person
The U-IC consistency of my world looks lame compared the vast swings of yours. It sounds like you are preparing for both, at all the time because you never know, the same as those with both U and F-IC as far as prep. You have my full respect!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2
Back