Urgency incontinence

cantwait

Life is full of surprises.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
For those who have urgency incontinence, fecal or urinary. How often do you have accidents?

Reactions: TeddyBunny, Diprs2, DBabygirl2 and 4 others
Urinary here.
It seems to vary a bit for me, sometimes I'll get a bit more warning, or I'll feel the sudden urge but have the ability to contain it until it stops (at which point I can safely move to the bathroom).

Other times like this morning I have no warning whatsoever and when the sudden urge hit I couldn't manage to hold it.

Overall I guess I have around 2-3 a week.

Reactions: TeddyBunny, Jorelaxed, Diprs2 and 6 others
Several times per day. Could be as many as 30 little accidents on a really bad day, which is rare. Often I’ll have a handful of small (dribbles spurts) to medium (partial bladder voids) ones per day.

Reactions: TeddyBunny, Diprs2, Jorelaxed and 3 others
I have probably 3-4 accidents a day. Strangely enough i find the colder outside it is the more frequent i have accidents.. anyone else experience this?

Last edited:
Reactions: ICDiaperLover, Tigrou1982, TeddyBunny and 9 others
Both urinary and fecal...... IBS,oab, painful bladder,male pelvic floor dysfunction and simply out constant urinary leakage and probably 2 bm's in a day. Really a pain in the ass

Reactions: TeddyBunny, jonny77, Diprs2 and 3 others
Whitechocolate said:
I have probably 3-4 accidents a day. Strangely enough i find the colder outside it is the more frequent i have accidents.. anyone else experience this?
Yes. When it’s cold my bladder runs rampant.

Reactions: Tigrou1982, TeddyBunny, FrenchFriedOnion and 4 others
Only urinary; varying a lot - from 6 to 20 wettings/24h, with different volumes of course - sometimes a small void, sometimes complete bladder, simply whenever the urge hits and without a lot of reaction time left. For good luck no kind of pain or cramping, I meanwhile let it more often simply flow when the urge hits instead of trying too hard to hold back.

Reactions: TeddyBunny, Constantlydamp, Diprs2 and 2 others
UIC here. Variable anywhere from 0 to 8 accidents a day. No pain just sudden urgency that can't always be held back.

Reactions: TeddyBunny, jonny77, Diprs2 and 1 other person
Might wee anything from four to fourteen times during the day, cold increases urgency and quantity, night time must be in excess of 5 times as Nappy is always super soaked in the morning.
Most times are usually with a 15 to 30 second stay of execution then its wet wherever or whatever !

cantwait said:
For those who have urgency incontinence, fecal or urinary. How often do you have accidents?
Urinary: At the moment i am really good, going about 16 times a day in average at 20 to 40 accidents a month, 1:24 ratio. It used to be much worse some month ago, about 1:10.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
My IBS-d seems to be under control most of the time as long as I behave and avoid the foods that I know cause diarrhea. The one exception is that I have coffee in the morning at home and must be near the toilet. So for F-IC, the incidents are near zero for now.

For U-IC, I have to keep ahead of my bladder by voiding before it gets urgent. Most days at home, this is no real issue. However, if I am out away from home, then I definitely need my diaper because I can't hold it. So most outings where I am out for more than an hour, I usually need to go. However, even at home, at night when I get tired, I sometimes have accidents if I lie on the couch too long and forget to visit the washroom on time.

Accidents as in you tried to make it to the toilet but failed, or accidents, as in you peed in your diaper?

If it’s the former, once a week or so. Usually it’s in the evening at home. I will take off my diaper to air out. I make sure to wear junky clothes and stay off any carpeted areas or furniture. I will try to make it to the potty if I can, but if not then oh well.

If it’s the later, I wet about 10-20x in a 24 hour period. But it’s highly variable. Could be more. Usually not less than 10.

Reactions: TeddyBunny, BabyAby123, jonny77 and 2 others
Pino said:
Urinary: At the moment i am really good, going about 16 times a day in average at 20 to 40 accidents a month, 1:24 ratio. It used to be much worse some month ago, about 1:10.
Spoken like someone with incontinence! Isn’t it crazy how peeing your pants 4% of the time is considered brag-worthy? By comparison, let’s say the average active adult pees 6.5x a day and has an accident rate of once every 20 years. (Excluding mild to moderate stress incontinence and dribbles after peeing and from BPH). That puts them at a 0.002% accident rate.

Trust me I mean no disrespect. I think it’s great things are improving. Just more a reflection of how used to having accidents one becomes over time. 😎

Reactions: TeddyBunny, jonny77, Pino and 2 others
Urinary.. and I never make it. I get a few seconds notice

Reactions: TeddyBunny, Diprs2 and Edgewater
Provided I'm at home and can get to the bathroom quickly when an 'urge' occurs, I'm usually OK without a diaper during the day. However, I need to wear a diaper at night and whenever I'm going anywhere outside home for more than a half hour.

Wear 24/7 with zero control overnight, which results in a full flooded diaper every morning after a deep night of sleep.
Daytime is all over the board from heavy releases to near continuous, but light flow. I had journaled myself for years and have stopped as if there is a pattern it's not clear, short of volume in equals volume out, what a shock and surprise that is.
Have tried several medications over they years, but the side-effects have caused serious health issues. Plus being diabetic type-2 has not helped.

As a result of the rapid increase in costs of diapers and support supplies, I have been spot buying cloth diapers and am in the process of changing daytime use to cloth. MegaMax at night with a diaper cover as three guards are better than fewer.

Reactions: TeddyBunny, jonny77 and Diprs2
I have issues daily, sometimes, i make it through the day, but not often.

Reactions: TeddyBunny, Edgewater, jonny77 and 1 other person
enthusi said:
Accidents as in you tried to make it to the toilet but failed, or accidents, as in you peed in your diaper?
What difference does it make? Either way "the diaper gets it". :eek: Experience teaches us whether reaching the toilet in time or not is possible.

cantwait said:
The main reason im incontinent let's just say I'm pretty sure all of us have seen almost every bathroom in the U.S.A.

PS : why is the bathroom the most quietest place on earth?

Last edited:
Reactions: TeddyBunny, AshtonFreecss, jonny77 and 2 others
Inconinmiss said:
Provided I'm at home and can get to the bathroom quickly when an 'urge' occurs, I'm usually OK without a diaper during the day. However, I need to wear a diaper at night and whenever I'm going anywhere outside home for more than a half hour.
I'm currently in the same situation but I'd rather perfer to go in my diaper considering we have a built in show downstairs.

Reactions: Diprs2, jonny77 and Edgewater
Back