Urge incontence

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was diagnosed by the VA. Now I don’t worry if people notice my diapers. I haven’t had anyone notice them. Go see a doctor to try to help u out. If diagnosed, u can either try to find a solution to fix your problem, or wear diapers and if someone asks, tell them what u were diagnosed with. Either way, you will be helped.

I see your point on seeing a doctor. I just. Dont want hear take these drugs and you. Will feel better. On the other hand I think overactive bladder and Uti makes sense.

I can just tell you - that if it is an UTI you should visit the doc for many reasons - and normaly it can be cured fast with antibiotics.

An UTI was the cause for my incontinence... I don't say that this will happen also to you and in fact it happens very very seldom but if it happens you will propably tearing your hair out with frustration - that was at last my feeling and it was no fun at all.

I remember, that I felt week that time but I did'd had the characteristic pain symptoms of an UTI. A weeks later my bladder starts to cramp, I had blood in my urine and was not able to control my voiding anymore. I went into hospital and they diagnosed a virus infection, it took a pretty long time to cure this out and, in the end, the result was that my bladder nerves where somehow damaged and my bladder was shrinked... It took me over 2 years to get back most of the control at last over the daytime - for the nighttime I'm back in diapers again.

makena43 said:
I just dont want hear take these drugs and you will feel better.
Depending on what is the root of your problem, medication might help. The doctor is likely going to take the most conservative steps first. Diagnosing a UTI is quick and non-invasive. And if it is confirmed that you have one, antibiotics are a conservative treatment, and are very likely to help.

If your doctor does not find a UTI, I would encourage you to be patient, because it could take time to diagnose your problem. Figuring out the source of the problem often means taking time to rule out, step by step, what is not causing it.

I think if the doctor suspects OAB, they will probably first suggest the conservative approach of modifying your diet to avoid foods and drink that can irritate the bladder. If that doesn't work, they may prescribe meds that relax the bladder. The doctor may want to give that a few weeks to see if you respond. If you respond to OAB meds, I think its a good bet that you do have OAB, and not something else like cystitis (which is treated with different drugs). However, If you don't respond to the meds, it is still possible that you have OAB ("drug refractory OAB"). Further tests (Urodynamics) may be performed to determine if it is OAB or something else.

Why not do a urodymanics test before trying medications? Something to ask your doctor. But a urodymanics test is a bit more invasive, because it involves the insertion of a catheter. It's not really painful. But it isn't exactly pleasant either. So unless you have side effects you can't tolerate, trying a medication may be preferable.

Going to see an urologist and having tests done to rule out any life threatining issues is highly recommended, yes they may recommend meds but you can simply say no thankyou I am fine wearing diapers to manage my bladder issues. then have a follow up every few years my new urologist is ok with my disission to simply wear diapers 24/7 to manage my bladder issues but has said if ai ever change my mind he will recommend some alternative treatment.

Most times they can scope your bladder snd do the urodynamics test at the same time and the video of your bladder filling up is interesting to watch :) they may never find the cause but they can rule out a fatal issue.

For me, I can be perfectly ok no pressure, but then I need to go. If I cant find a toilet within 5 minutes the pressure gets stronger and I wet. I wear diapers (cloth) because I feel comfortable wearing them.

I am getting comfortable wearing at work I am sensing. Co workers are play with diapers. But going when I want is making it so. I be the same. As always

makena43 said:
I am getting comfortable wearing at work I am sensing. Co workers are play with diapers. But going when I want is making it so. I be the same. As always
The first seven words of you post seem to make sense. But after that, I have no idea what you are trying to communicate.

To correct myself. I met to say is my Co workers. Know I wear diapers and I believe they are okay with it. The only problem I see is i going. Pee. Anytime and if I have to hold it for long time I would be wet

I need to second urinary retention. I knew someone with all your symptoms can't empty thier bladder fully, urgently and frequently need to use the bathroom and wetting themselves if they wait to long.
This person wound up in the emergency room needed a catheter and inmediate treatment.

A good doctor will listen to your concerns and try to work with you on a solution you're both comfortable with.
If drugs are suggested do research on them and be cautious of any side effects.

Does anybody think I got prostate and mild uti from wet diaper? I change diaper every 4 to 5 hours according to the thread how frequently should. I change diaper on adisc.

makena43 said:
Does anybody think I got prostate and mild uti from wet diaper?
When I asked my urologist if my UTI might have been caused by wearing running shorts a few times without laundering, he was quite skeptical. Men don't generally get them due to hygiene issues in that area. Women can get them though, because their urethras are much shorter. So bacteria has a much shorter path to travel in women. That said, certain forms of intercourse have been associated with prostatitis.

You should consult with a doctor. It's been almost two weeks since your first post, and I hope that you can see that no one here can properly diagnose your problem. And of all the possible conditions you might have, all of them need a doctor's involvement to treat.

I have been diagnosed as having mixed incontinence due to diabetic neuropathy. Most of the time I have no sensation of needing to pee but occasionally I get the feeling but have little or no capacity to hold for more than a few seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back